PDA

View Full Version : they dont have a motor but.....

bakeban
07-22-2003, 11:48 AM
does anyone remember the bmx movie RAD? god i remember watching that all the time way back in the day. i just downloaded it cause i cant find it anywhere to rent. i forgot just how narly and bodatious that was. it is totally radical dude. i wish i still had my DYNO. :(

also, in the rented copy there was the preview for the Dirt Bike Kid. do you all remember that work of art. the bike was alive and loved the kid(who just so happed to be the Ralphy from the christmas story. man those movies bring back some memories of growing up and having my brother and his friends beat my ass all the time. life is great :)

ATC crazy
07-22-2003, 01:02 PM
Dirtbike Kid was a great movie...I havn't seen it in forever though.

A Christmas Story.....we have to watch the marathon every year :D

Also, who remembers Police Academy 2...It has a 250es (I think) in the beginning racing down the beach. I just watched it this morning. ;)

Honda300ex
07-22-2003, 01:23 PM
I wish i had a bike that would start by just twisting the throttle.. that use to be my favorite movie...

Jeb
07-22-2003, 01:35 PM
Dirt Bike Kid. what a classic! '85 YZ 80.

Honda300ex
07-22-2003, 01:37 PM
A year after i seen that i got my Cr80.. lol..

NebraskaTrikeRider
07-22-2003, 01:41 PM
:o my favorite movies are the dirtbike kid and a Chirstmas story. after i saw The Dirtbike Kid i wanted a dirtbike like that one and after a Chistmas Story i got a bb gun :shock:

At DirtTrails.com i even run the screen name, THEDIRTBIKEKID :oops:

Jonathan
07-22-2003, 05:58 PM
Wow, I thought I was alone. I used to rent the dirt bike kid over and over when I was little. Think I'll try to down load it.

smokinwrench
07-22-2003, 06:36 PM
Rad has to be one of the greatest movies of all time. The dirt bike kid is good but its fake so I never really liked that movie.

Josh

Kilborg
07-22-2003, 06:42 PM
I remember seeing rad in the movie stores and stuff when I was little, but never remember seeing it. I was a very competitive BMX racer myself in the NBL several years ago. I was in the novice class (goes by points, beginner, novice, expert, pro, etc) a victory or two away from expert. The local shop called the "bike barn" (where i bought my schwinn and spent alota money) was about to sponsor me, but we ended up moving to NH since my parents had both gotten jobs in that area. I miss the days of bmxing, but I still built a few dirtjumps and stuff out back of the new house (moved like 4 times since i raced). I can still pull a good clean 360! Other then that though (I was never big on stunts, just riding fast) I can't do anything very involved.

bakeban
07-23-2003, 12:13 AM
i just got off of work and i have to say that i had the damn 'send me an angel' song stuck in my head. all i could see was aunt becky from full house oh her bike at the dance and doing something where her legs were on the front and back pegs on one side of the bike like she was sailing. sheesh. send me an angel, ooh ooh ooh, send me an angel, ooh ooh ooh, right now, right now :x

Billy Golightly
07-23-2003, 09:12 AM
Hahaha....Blackfoot is actually a pretty decent band.

Mobular
07-23-2003, 11:31 AM
Blackfoot!! Man, I haven't heard of them in years! I bought that tape in the mid 80s.....not bad back then...wonder if I still have it! Thanks for jogging the old memory!

Billy Golightly
07-23-2003, 12:09 PM
Not to start another music post, but the lead singer and guitarist from Blackfoot is now with Lynyrd Skynyrd, and has been since they re-assmbled after the tribute tour.

They (Blackfoot) are probably one of my favorite southern rock/80's rock bands. They've got some pretty good stuff.

bakeban
07-24-2003, 12:17 AM
(singing) break the ice, da dada do do standing still

atcmatt
07-24-2003, 06:47 AM
quote]Also, who remembers Police Academy 2...It has a 250es (I think) in the beginning racing down the beach. I just watched it this morning. [/quote]

hahaha...just as i ran home this morning to get my assesment i forgot to take to school, i showed my friend my 200es and he goes "have u seen police academy 2? There is a white one of those flying down the beach at the start " whilst pointing to my big red. i say nah but i bet its a 350x.

He loved my red!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: its all mine mwhahahahaha

ATC crazy
07-24-2003, 11:25 AM
whilst pointing to my big red. i say nah but i bet its a 350x.

Its not a 350X if that's what you're saying. :?

Wickedfinger
07-24-2003, 01:52 PM
LOL ... not to bury myself, but I saw both of those movies in the theaters!!! ... don't forget the classic "Gleaming the Cube" with Christian Slater and all of the Bones Brigade - like Tony Hawk, Lance Mountain, Steve Cabalerro.....

bakeban
07-24-2003, 02:10 PM
hell yeah. good ol' slater doing the mctwist. man, i think i will download that right now. that movie kicks ass. good thinking wicked ;)

yater
07-24-2003, 05:02 PM
I just remember trying to make a "helltrack" in the yard as a kid! And the backflip at the end. My dad has a clothing manufacturing company and in the 80s he actually created a line called "RAD MAN"--maybe you've heard of it -- J/K --It lasted a couple of years right up there with hot tuna and gotcha and died with the 80s