PDA

View Full Version : www.quakelive.com

Dammit!
05-24-2009, 03:19 AM
Any Quake fans here?

I just found out about this free version of Quake 3 Arena at www.quakelive.com tonight. Gotta say it brings back a lot of memories. I LIVED this game for a long time. From the first version, to Quake 2, Quake 3 Arena and finally to the mother of all deathmatch games, CPMA for Q3 (absolutely ruined me for all other games). I'm rusty as hell but it's still a blast. Just played a quick 10 person FFA on q3dm7 for the first time in years. Doesn't run nearly as well as the stand alone version but for playing in your browser it's pretty damn impressive.

I'm turning in for the night but maybe tomorrow evening some of us could meet up on a server. My username on there is SirLoinOfBeef (bonus points for anybody that can name the reference).

300rman
05-24-2009, 03:35 AM
Half-life has always been my Forte, and Half Life2 Deathmatch (online play) rocks. i have always excelled in FPS games, we would network Quake2 across our whole High school all the time, and i was always #1. RAIL GUN BABY! god did i piss everyone off.......they couldnt kill me worth crap with their chainguns, and i have this one-shot, slow reloading gun, and i just slaughtered them. it was even funnier when they tried to use the railgun......FAIL rofl.

Good memories

Vealmonkey
05-24-2009, 08:10 AM
SirLoinofBeef. Sounds like a Bugs Bunny Reference. I think it was the episode where he fought against the Black Knight.

The Goat
05-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Damnit has your name always been that?

I was always a half life: Day of Defeat type of person myself.

Mainly I'd use the old bolt actions, until I'd get bored and use the rocket. You only get 5 shots...you do very little damage...but it was fun as all hell. WW2 sim for those not in the know.

mymint87
05-24-2009, 10:16 AM
AHHHH...i usta frag for hours..........quake2 WOD (weapons of destruction).still have it all on my PC

Dammit!
05-24-2009, 10:36 AM
SirLoinofBeef. Sounds like a Bugs Bunny Reference. I think it was the episode where he fought against the Black Knight.

Almost! It was Bugs but not the black knight. Sherif of Nottingham. :lol:

Arise Sir Loin of Beef! :lol:

That was not always my Quake name though. I've had many but the one I used the most on the gaming forums was Death2Uall. All my old standy names were taken this time.

The Goat
05-24-2009, 10:52 AM
that's the one where he sells the king's rosegarden to the sheriff and gets him to build a house in it? lol

Dammit!
05-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Rabbit Hood. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV6nDGmsJRc