PDA

View Full Version : TRI-Z 250 Need HELP!

Bansheeboybv
05-25-2009, 11:17 PM
I recently purchased a 85 1/2 Tri Z ... I dont know what the half means but someone tell me please... ANYWAY I have the bottom end for it. But there is no top end

What do you guys suggest? I know where an 83 Yami YZ 250 cylinder and head is but my question is do I have to hook up the YPVS or can I just put the cylinder on the TRI-Z bottom end?

Bryan Raffa
05-25-2009, 11:20 PM
I would find a top end for a tri z... it will be alot easyer...

Bansheeboybv
05-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Those are very hard to find, but I will sift through these boards some more and try to find some info.

Swamp trike
05-26-2009, 09:59 AM
I used an yz top-end for my tri-z
I locked the ports in fully open position, whith a little home made bracket (not to hard)
But since the hoses connect differently on the yz top, I used the original tri-z, but maybe there is a simple sollution for that to:)

Bansheeboybv
05-26-2009, 10:17 AM
I used an yz top-end for my tri-z
I locked the ports in fully open position, whith a little home made bracket (not to hard)
But since the hoses connect differently on the yz top, I used the original tri-z, but maybe there is a simple sollution for that to:)

I am new to the yz/tri-z ypvs thing, so you're saying that you made a bracket to close off the ypvs? The YPVS is on the cylinder right?

Swamp trike
06-02-2009, 07:32 AM
I am new to the yz/tri-z ypvs thing, so you're saying that you made a bracket to close off the ypvs? The YPVS is on the cylinder right?

Yes it's on the cylinder, and I locked the valve in an open position