PDA

View Full Version : not good !!!

ThinktwiceZ71
05-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Dammit , i am having my gallbladder surgery at 1pm today , in 5 hours and i am soo god damn nervous it isn't funny , i could hurl at any moment , my fiancee had hers out , and so did my sister and they where in alot of pain , wost part is i can't drink or eat anything since midnight last night all the way till 1pm so that blows cause i am thirsty as hell right now.

has anyone else had their gallbladder out , and how did the recovery go for you ?:confused:

Erics350x
05-27-2009, 08:33 AM
My wife had her's removed and bounced back real fast.

I've never been able to go without at least some ice or something in that amount of time.

ditchmud
05-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Good luck with your surgery, and get well soon!

firehart
05-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Its so much better today. My wife had her's taken out 30 years ago and they had to make a big cut across her stomach. When my son got his out they only left four little scars.

harryredtrike
05-27-2009, 09:36 AM
easy surgery now.four litle holes.recovery about a week,and you will now poop like a goose.

Rawlins350x
05-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Hope all goes well, sounds like you need to treat yourself to some new parts after this! =)

harryredtrike
05-27-2009, 09:37 AM
oh suck on a penny,to keep your mouth wet,helps a little bit

ThinktwiceZ71
05-28-2009, 08:27 PM
well guys just wanted to give yas an update , i had the surgery yesterday , and i was home last night around 4:30. Pain isn't too bad , just hard to get in and out of a chair and no bending or stooping. 95% of the pain is in my right shoulder from the gas they use to inflate your cavity for the surgery. i got some good pain killers tho , but it is nothing compared to the fentanol they gave me to calm me down and take the edge off via IV. Whew...that was some good trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro ! I'll keep ya updated on my progress

tanks350x
05-28-2009, 08:52 PM
I had mine out back in feb. of 07. My surgery only consisted of 4 small cuts as well. Just be glad that it isn't the 70's or 80's,,,, my mom had hers out back then and she was in the hospital for over a week...After the Dr. got mine out, they dicovered that I had 15 stones,,talk about pain..I'm so glad that I don't have to go through the pain anymore of having a gall stone attack. Even though you will be able to eat pretty much anything again, do yourself a favor and stay away from the fatty, greasy foods, reason being, you now can't produce bile to help break that stuff down like before...
Tank

Bryan Raffa
05-28-2009, 09:10 PM
oh suck on a penny,to keep your mouth wet,helps a little bit

huh what? :lol:

MonroeMike
05-28-2009, 10:21 PM
^I never heard of that either (must be an ARMY thing)...

harryredtrike
05-28-2009, 10:39 PM
huh what? :lol:

////////////////when thirsty and have no water,or cant have any, put a penny in your mouth and you will salivate.quenching your mouth./////////////////////

xd 200x
05-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Glad to hear you are ok.

300rman
05-28-2009, 11:54 PM
, but it is nothing compared to the fentanol they gave me to calm me down and take the edge off via IV. Whew...that was some good trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro ! I'll keep ya updated on my progress

maan i love that trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro! i was arguiing with the doctor as they wheeled me back (they gave me the stuff about 10 minutes beforehand) that i wouldnt remember the ride bac, or the conversation or anything......i remember everything, including drifting away as I squeezed the anesthesia syringe into my IV.