PDA

View Full Version : HELP, 83 250r down and out.

250r83
11-04-2002, 03:38 PM
Ok, I rebuilt my 250r, honda, top end. It now has a weisco piston, 50 over. Put new reeds in it and also a carburator kit. All new gaskets. I cleaned the carburator as well. Put everything together and did the initial startup and it worked great. Took it off the choke and idling was great, revved it up a little bit and then the machine just died. After a few seconds I could start it up again but it eventually stalls if I try to rev it up with the choke off. If I put the choke on it will run and I can rev it up and even drive it with the choke on. As soon as I take the choke on it will die in a about 20 seconds of revving. I tried putting the stock reeds back in and had the same problem. I don't know what else to try. The fuel mixture is correct and I have tried different settings on the carb to no avail. Let me know if anyone has any ideas. I have taken the carburator off since and cleaned it again and again, I can blow through all of the ports and the float is working as it should too. :( :x

Scott

11-04-2002, 07:29 PM
I put my money on the jetting being off

86ATC200x
11-04-2002, 11:19 PM
definatly the jetting. those 2 strokes are really sensitive. sounds lean to me if it wants to run with the choke on. try jetting up or adjusting th eclip on the needle.