PDA

View Full Version : Had a close one today at work.

Greiver430x
06-02-2009, 05:49 PM
So I get a work order to try and patch a stainless steel pipe coming out of a tank in our waste water treatment plant. I get my gear and welding buggy and head out with my fire watch, then I prep the pipe. After I got everything set up I began to start my weld, as soon as my puddle formed I heard an explosion and the tank and ground shook. In the process the spot where my puddle was blew out at me. HOLY CRAP lucky for us noone got hurt, I went to my supervisor informed me about hydrgen sulfide an extremely flammable deadly gas. He said oh yeah be careful that stuff is very common in paper mills AAAARRRRGGGHHHH. At least I got a heads up now, so anyone else got horror stories?

chris200x
06-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Glad to hear your ok. Havent seen you much around the forums lately. good to see you back around!

Greiver430x
06-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Yeah been busy with work and wedding planning and new baby lol.

brapp
06-02-2009, 07:55 PM
congrats on the baby and hope all iswell and glad trailprotrailpro ok

Thorpe
06-03-2009, 01:22 AM
I about burned my nuts off once... Crawled way back in the roll cage on a 70 Chevelle, tig welding up the last few weld when I dropped a molten puddle onto my beanbag of my jeans!!! You never seen a full grown guy fly out of a Chevelle so fast in your life!

Name Brand
06-03-2009, 01:16 PM
I am a crewchief on Blackhawk helicopters. A few weeks ago we dropped of some foreign troops into an LZ and took off. When we got up to 150 feet and 80 knots, the aircraft behind us radios, "WINDOWS; YOUR CARGO DOOR WINDOWS ARE COMING OUT!" I turn to look, both windows on the opposite cargo door are already gone. The emergency release is fully turned and the wire safety is broken. Stupid troops! I'm just glad the big aluminum framed, plexi windows didn't hit the engine intake, exhaust, main rotor head, rotor blades, stabilator, tail rotor... or that second Blackhawk right behind and below us!