PDA

View Full Version : need help picking suspension for 85 250r

scrub50187
06-03-2009, 06:36 PM
I am getting only the frame. I want to build up my 250r and make totally the way I want it. I don't want it strictly for drag racing, I am merely wanting to get a setup that would work good on lets say.... a motocross track. Being able to hit jumps and whoops and not go flying off or hurt my ankles from hard landings. the main thing is front shocks/triple clamp, rear swingarm and rear shock setup. Oh and since this 250r has a title I am also toying with the idea of possibly making it street legal as well since it is considered more of a motorcycle than a ATV in the eyes of the DMV. Once I get the suspension lined out then I will look into getting a engine and getting it put together. I would like it to be able to beat lightly modded 450's. Since I am doing it from the bare frame on up I can get the parts I need the first time and not buy a complete bike just to replace a bucnh of parts anyway. All suugestions will be greatly appreciated.

SYKO
06-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Inverts up front with custom fork valving, 450R rear suspension 06 up elka rear shock or some kind of comparable shock, forget making the actuall trike street legal it may have one more wheel then a bike, but it was NEVER intended for street use, the few that are are either custom built for street FROM bikes or a few that have slipped through over the years as motorcycles. Your hardly ever going to be able to ride a machine you want to take to a motorcross track and turn around and ride it home on the road.

brapp
06-11-2009, 10:22 PM
i love the feel of my 05 450r rear swinger with the +1 swinger and i love the way it handles allaround!

Kintore
06-12-2009, 10:42 AM
I would also recomend some 450r pegs or some big ole dual row beefy pegs. They dont put near as much stress on your feet and they keep them planted!