PDA

View Full Version : WTF gas prices

300rman
06-04-2009, 11:01 PM
why are they skyrocketing again?

do those dumb asses not realize that isnt what the economy needs right now?

harryredtrike
06-04-2009, 11:04 PM
i know brother,when gas hit 4 bucks a gallon the economy took a dump.here we go again.dump on me

threewheelin-feelin
06-04-2009, 11:06 PM

guess what they dont care...they arent happy with the 30bed room mansions they need 50 bed room mansions...why should we stop that just because us middle class people are loosing are homes and propertys...so we should stop being greedy and help them get there mansions!!!! and 25 new cars!!!

tecat-z
06-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Well, since we don't need to heat our houses any longer, the price of gasoline will go up dramatically. Next winter gasoline will drop again before christmas, so we will drive alot with cheap gas and spend money on gifts since we think we are gitting away with one.... But.... natural gas will again be at record prices. Now it's more obvious than i can ever remember. At christmas we were at $1.35. Now, $2.90 and climbing by the day.

racerxxx
06-05-2009, 12:05 AM
I'm just glad that Regular is now more expensive than diesel!(Not much, but still cheaper) Diesel has been more expensive than 93 octane for a long time, go figure(My Truck is a diesel). I still hate to see the prices go up, everyone is still way to fragile to be hit with higher gas prices. I heat my house with heating oil, I pre bought last year @ $4.50 per gallon, and use roughly 600 gallons in 12 months. This year my prebuy is @ 2.15 per gallon, the cheapest I've paid in 3 years, although with my luck this winter oil prices will probably be in the dirt and I probably still will over pay. This year I cut back the thermostat to 64 during the day (wife and kids @ home) and down to 60 overnite. Got $700 back from the oil company in oil I didn't use in my prebuy, and applied it to this years purchase, now this year I only had to write a couple hundred dollar check to the oil man VS. a couple of grand last year.

Like they say the rich get richer

corndawg
06-05-2009, 12:51 AM
I'm just glad that Regular is now more expensive than diesel!(Not much, but still cheaper) Diesel has been more expensive than 93 octane for a long time, go figure(My Truck is a diesel). I still hate to see the prices go up, everyone is still way to fragile to be hit with higher gas prices. I heat my house with heating oil, I pre bought last year @ $4.50 per gallon, and use roughly 600 gallons in 12 months. This year my prebuy is @ 2.15 per gallon, the cheapest I've paid in 3 years, although with my luck this winter oil prices will probably be in the dirt and I probably still will over pay. This year I cut back the thermostat to 64 during the day (wife and kids @ home) and down to 60 overnite. Got $700 back from the oil company in oil I didn't use in my prebuy, and applied it to this years purchase, now this year I only had to write a couple hundred dollar check to the oil man VS. a couple of grand last year.

Like they say the rich get richer

diesel lags a little when it comes to price jumps...give it a couple weeks it will climb too, by the time it all peaks out (hopefully not as high as last year, but i see it coming) diesel will be on top again

factoryX
06-05-2009, 02:32 AM
It only took OPEC multiple production cuts to get the price back up...lol if they had left the production alone it would have been around $.90 a gallon...

SeaBass8
06-05-2009, 07:43 AM
I read earlier this week that worldwide storage capacity for oil is almost maxed out and yet prices still go up? :confused: Supply and demand my butt.

I dont want government to take over energy companies but there needs to be more protection against price gougeing which is whats happening.

Its my belief that we wouldnt be in half the sheet we're in if oil didn't spike to 150$ a barrel last Summer. (I was laid off last Summer, out of work for 5 months. Now I make half the $$ with no bennies. No real job insight)

The thing that pisses me off the most is that this exact thing has happened repeatedly in the past but nobody (the government) does anything about it.

Ok rant over. Sorry.

Kintore
06-05-2009, 12:20 PM
you guys got it easy!

your equivantlent when I was in Ohio was 67 cents a litre, im payin in Canada 94-99 cents a litre!

Yours is high, ours is ALWAYS HIGHER!

rdlsz24
06-05-2009, 12:40 PM
^^What's a litre???? haha jk man. I know you Canadians always have higher prices than us.

Rob

The Goat
06-05-2009, 01:21 PM
if they wouldn't have cut production...the bottom would have fallen out...further butchering the economy...oil at ten bucks a barrel helps no one...

sorry, reality check.

Tri-Z 250
06-05-2009, 01:27 PM

:w00t: The Big O LOVES E85....$4.00 per gallon estimated 2010 price. Since you know that IL is a large Corn producer already. The fact that Oil Co. are frantically switching to produce the mix. What makes you think this fella wants to make YOU rich...or Economically stable? The Goverment is making a move to OVER TAKE the largest poorly run Co in these times....If you think for some reason GM will now become STRONGER, I beg to differ. This is nothing more than "COOKING THE BOOKS" GM has been looking to give it's retire' THE BOOT!!! The pentions at the times seemed a reachable goal....30 in 30 out. What GM didn't account for is the greed and lazzzzey Union employee. If your told that your retirement is based on the last 3yrs wages....How much overtime did GM figure on...ZERO(pleanty of new hires to keep filling the spots no need for overtime NO problem). The Union Employee for most auto manufactures works between 60 and 80hrs a week in their last few year of employment to jucie their pockets....Overtime is a Seniority governed rule in the Auto Union...meaning a 29yr employee get the overtime instead of a new hire at less wages.
I propose this question: Will GM realise a NEW motor after the take over?

I will remind you this company has stampped out the same V8 cast block for over 60yrs now....sure elements of the motor have changed but for the most part...it's the same gas guzzler the public complained about back in the late 70's when gas went from $.25 to $.75 to settle out at an even $1.00

I see $4.00 per gallon at LaborDay weekend and $3.25 at the 4th....Fill Your Heating Oil tank NOW! Expect natural gas to rise unuaslly rapid this fall too.

Dirtcrasher
06-05-2009, 01:52 PM
^ I filled the oil tank at 189.99 a gallon and it is near full!! Glad I did it :D

SeaBass8
06-05-2009, 02:13 PM
if they wouldn't have cut production...the bottom would have fallen out...further butchering the economy...oil at ten bucks a barrel helps no one...

sorry, reality check.

I know you are gonna have good logic for this statement but I was doing just fine back in '99 when oil was 10$ a gallon

Please expand on your thought a little.

The Goat
06-05-2009, 02:21 PM
true, but at that point oil hadn't touch what...165$ a barrel?

people are still invested heavily in oil...if production runs rampant under ten bucks isn't that far fetched...which kills the economy even more.

worst part is, with current inflation....5$ a gallon really isn't that bad. It is for you, it is for me, but because of stupid spending cutting the value of the average joe's dollar.... it really isn't that wrong.

Think of it like this. 1970 you could buy a loaf of quality bread for a nickel. decent bread now costs 3$+ a loaf but can still be found for 1$ if you buy store bread.

so one dollar is 20x more than the nickle. gas in the 70s was .29 cents or so if memory serves correctly from old tv shows lol, so 5.80$ at it's lowest. 15$+ at it's highest.

now certainly there are other factors and this is a crappy example...but I think we all see that more money buys less these days.

SeaBass8
06-05-2009, 04:55 PM
About 70% of the US economy is soley based on people spending money on stuff. When energy prices are high we have less discretionary income to buy stuff which adversely affects the economy. Thats why I think we almost had the second great depession starting last Summer. Right now we're starting to get to that point again where energy will start using up that "extra" cash that keeps the economy going in the right direction.

MTS
06-05-2009, 04:59 PM
you guys got it easy!

your equivantlent when I was in Ohio was 67 cents a litre, im payin in Canada 94-99 cents a litre!

Yours is high, ours is ALWAYS HIGHER!

No doubt, i think its closer to 75 cents a liter in the us now, compared to a Buck here, Pretty shitty, considering i live just south of the biggest oil sands in Canada :rolleyes:

factoryX
06-05-2009, 05:00 PM
lol, thank god for the local riding area being less than 10 miles away. I can believe it is going to go up agian, and with the goverment push smaller cars on people they are going to look for something better on gas millage..

Triple B!
06-13-2009, 06:43 PM
It's funny when you look at the bottom of the page where it says 'similiar threads'? :wondering

There's one from as early as 2005 from what I can tell. If you think about it, this will always be a problem, as long as bureaucracy, politics, and economy all play a part which it always will. when gas prices go up, so does alot of other things and it seems like he who controls the gas production has the most power. :rolleyes:

The Goat
06-14-2009, 04:42 PM
and I keep stressing that higher fuel prices is what the economy needs...at least our economy down here. ha.

I'll trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro and moan about 4 bucks a gallon and wich for 1.50...but yeah when gas prices fall down here, people go out of work, when they rise, the oil industry thrives, and so does every other business in connection with it

Macs
06-14-2009, 04:53 PM
and I keep stressing that higher fuel prices is what the economy needs...at least our economy down here. ha.

I'll trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro and moan about 4 bucks a gallon and wich for 1.50...but yeah when gas prices fall down here, people go out of work, when they rise, the oil industry thrives, and so does every other business in connection with it

I hear ya goat, when the price of gas rises so does the employment. New rigs go up, plants are expanding and running at full capacity, which makes higher maintenance. Projects pop up left and right. Oil is our economy here on the gulf coast.

Tri-ZNate
06-14-2009, 06:08 PM
My heating tanks are full, wood funice installed, made 300 gallons of Bio-diesel in about 3 weeks, many more hundreds of gallons to be made, and the gas job isnt coming out till salt hits the road. Bring it on :cool:

mapyang
06-15-2009, 11:50 PM
I filled my van up with 31 gallons of 87 octane yesterday $88.00 :cry:
Drew

factoryX
06-16-2009, 05:26 AM

wrong, yes it is bad for some people if the price falls, but there will be a equal if not a larger amount of people being screwed from the price going back $4 agian. Truckers, farmers, e.t.c.....