PDA

View Full Version : Tecate Fraud ;-)

dcreel
06-07-2009, 02:54 AM
"http://images.craigslist.org/3n43k73l4ZZZZZZZZZ95q02749488f31d18fa.jpg
Here we have a nice 86 kawasaki tecate for sale. I am also selling an 84 tecate here on C.L. and I am in the same situation. I mistakenly put my faith in a certain Californian who sent me pics of a mint condition 86, but what I recieved was not the same as the pics I was sent. "
http://images.craigslist.org/3nd3ka3p1ZZZZZZZZZ95p61ee075c8b201381.jpg
"Here we have a 84 kawasaki tecate 250. Bike is in good condition, I recently bought the bike from California and was mislead by the seller. I spent way too much for the bike expecting it to be in mint showroom condition which it isnt, "

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/1188798495.html
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/1190211347.html

Orangecnty250r
06-07-2009, 07:00 AM
This guy feels he was ripped off by the guy the sells the T3s out in cali all the time I have talked with him....remember CALI EBAY SELLER that always changes his name but never goes away, the one who was selling the 87 T3that came on here, also remember one that was allegedly purchased overseas but someone here said was never received. I have heard many people complian about what they have received from the cali ebay guy.

whyzee
06-07-2009, 07:56 AM
dcreel,
i am confused...what did you end up buying, and what was the seller advertising?:wondering

dcreel
06-07-2009, 08:20 AM
dcreel,
i am confused...what did you end up buying, and what was the seller advertising?:wondering

Nah, You got it all wrong son.. :D just something funny I ran across looking around the interwebs.

dcreel
06-14-2009, 12:57 AM
I was wondering that myself. If he shows a picture of a 3 wheeler like that and sends you some half beat up Tecate. If I had the $, I'd probably give the money for the one in the Ebay ad you posted. Its real nice. I just wonder if that is what you would get? If its not I wonder why the guy didn't sue for breach of contract? Either that or the guy from California is a lawyer. :naughty:

Is this the guy? Always selling a collection from CA, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110399900853&viewitem=&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&salenotsupported

I think it is, ?

Orangecnty250r
01-23-2010, 05:35 PM
I know 2 other guys screwed over by him...mislead by pictures that werent of the real machine..Collectors here should be warned of him because he continues to get people especially some of the newer guys in the sport!!!!! Even very recently!!!

dcreel
01-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Until somebody does there best to hit this guy where it hurts, he's going to keep making money hand over fist on other peoples money. If I lived near Corona, I would be more than happy to do some CSI work for ya.. The kneecaps cost extra. :twisted: I don't know if you can get people together and get some kind of a class action suit against him. The problem is.. as ia where is. You would have to have some pretty good proof that he was sending you something mint. He's been doing this for a while, I'm sure he is covering all of his bases, you guys are going to have to do better than he does.

Whatever you guys that have been burned by him choose to do, you definitely have my support and my sympathy.

rdlsz24
01-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Hopefully buyers are at least leaving negative feedback for him??

Rob

rdlsz24
01-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Nevermind I see above he creates new accounts. Rat trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro!

Rob

Thorpe
01-29-2010, 09:54 PM
I have seen those Minneapolis listing multiple times (as I am from Mlps) Kinda makes me wonder if thats a bit scammy as well...?

Tbcoplin
01-17-2011, 04:11 AM
Anything associated with Frank is scammy.

Tbcoplin
01-17-2011, 09:53 PM
What info?

george53
02-08-2011, 04:47 PM
BEWARE OF PADILLA - I did not send him money. I attempted to have an acquaintance deliver cash to him and pick up the unit at one time. He refused to do this - indicating to me that he is a full fledged scam artist. I contacted him at his work place - Rancho Viejo Flooring located at 1701 Corporate Dr in Ladera Ranch, CA 92694. His phone number at this place of business is 949-276-2996 and 949-302-0500. I only spoke with him once as he only would text, almost never answering his phone and almost never answering emails. Every communication from him was incomplete and evasive. I don't know him as Frank OR Andy, his business listed two owners: Duane and his twin brother Mark Padilla. They seem to be in the wood flooring business. The reason I did not end up sending money was due to the comments and discussion about him on this website. Many thanks to you guys who had the balls to post what you knew. By the way, I have had to sue people out of state - it was a breeze - $47 in local general district court will get you a court date, the bum will not show which will get you a judgement. Very easy! Thanks again all. And if you know of a mint 86 Tecate 3 - please let me know. George

cattle-dog
02-08-2011, 09:35 PM
funny thing is the guy who helped george53 not to get ripped off is now banned for supposedly being connected to frank p, the guys who have been ripped have all the info on padilla and nothing is being done? well half the mods here are going to the invasion they should swing by padillas pad and take care of it.
worse part is another rip off who has scammed a few of the long term members is still here and they keep dragging feet on him hopeing they will get thier stuff back, he should also be banned no special treatment,
sad part is frank d is banned because of all this and padilla is still prowling our boards reading and watching people he ripped do nothing against him.

dcreel
02-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Yep, Don't understand how Frank Destra (FMNRD) got banned after all of the things he sold to members for shipping costs. I have had nothing but good experiences buying from Frank Destra and he has helped me out whenever I needed it.

Macs
02-08-2011, 10:10 PM
There has to be more to the story than what has been posted. It appears people have been banned, so the puzzle is missing some pieces. If these people did something then someone should let us know just incase we are currently having dealings with these folks. Also frank is over at .org and if there is something fishy those guys should be warned also. IMO

cattle-dog
02-08-2011, 10:39 PM
there is nothing fishy about frank destra i have talked on the phone with frank for hours on his dime about this, funny thing is no one has stood up to tell him why he was banned, also he has tried to talk to the leaders and no one will talk to him on the phone?

Meat-BoX
02-09-2011, 03:24 PM
How is Frank P still breathing free air or any air at all?

88 Turbo Coupe
02-10-2011, 09:23 AM
I've delt with Frank "D" for over 2 years and never had a problem. Has even referred me to other vendors without incident. Always been helpful. Talked to him just last week.