PDA

View Full Version : Glock question

J.D.
06-08-2009, 02:19 AM
Might be possibly getting a model 26 on part of a trade. Any good? Dude tells me it's worth about 600(it's brand new). Not a big fan of glocks though,probably just wind up selling it if deal goes through.

The Goat
06-08-2009, 02:26 AM
If you decide to sell it, I might be interested.

It isn't worth quite that much. They sell for about 525 brand new.

It's a dead reliable gun. 10 rounds 9x19. Smaller than a smith J frame. It would actually make a perfect back up gun, especially if you are already running a 9mm as a standard carry.

J.D.
06-08-2009, 05:33 AM
Hmm yeah that's all you hear about, is glocks reliability, and I know they have that torture test. Stupid as it may sound, I just don't like the way they look, and I have yet to hold a Glock in my hand that fits me good. I plan on using my 1911 as my carry gun, whenever my permit gets here! Bad thing there is only 8 shots, so you are right, this little gun would make a decent backup if for some reason 8 rounds of .45 Hydra Shock didn't take care of business.

wheelie king
06-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Glock 26 is a good carry gun. Looks mean nothing to me, cause the glock is a superior handgun- period. Figure a 500 dollar trade value, and a 540-550 dollar cash value in NEW condition. 600 is a bit high.

I love my 1911s also, but I would not wanna have to run to my truck through a rain storm or muddy puddles with my 1200 dollar Kimber on my ankle, and then worry about it functioning when wet/dirty. That's why the glock(s) are my carry choices.

J.D.
06-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Ah well, deal didn't go through...sucks :(

ScottZJ
06-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Well I dont know about some areas but here in Memphis Tn they are worth around 425-475$ BRAND NEW. You can go to Guns and Ammo on summer ave and get them all day long. I have seen pawn shops and individuals trying to sell them for 500 plus and they are all smokin dope! Unless it came with night sights, lazer sights and 4 extra mags, there is no way its worth that much hehehe. But I have 12 Glocks, so anytime you want to try one out JD, just give me a shout.:naughty: