PDA

View Full Version : Starting a 3 wheeler magazine

dcreel
06-12-2009, 05:27 AM
So.. I have been tossing the idea around of trying to start a 3 wheeler magazine with tests and shootouts and the like. Of course it would need help from people with the bikes to do the tests, and send pics of their rebuilds. A section for 3 wheeler races. Maybe a classifieds section like Hotvw's used to have. There could be ads from different companies, if they wished to be involved. It would be a monumental undertaking, of course.

I love 3 wheelers and I know other people do as well. I have seen an ad for a magazine for old drt bikes. I forgot the name of the mag. But I do think that there may be a niche group that would buy and enjoy this. Even if it started as a mostly black & white 6 issues a year mag.

What are your thoughts on something like this? Would you buy it? Lets brainstorm.. shall we. Tell me why this won't work or why it might work. I'm tired of working my behind off doing something I really don't enjoy. I'm 7 days away from a month long furlough.

How awesome would it be to find a stock condition Tecate, 250R, and Tri-Z to run side by side tests on?

SYKO
06-12-2009, 08:51 AM
well for one thing... look at how many registerd members are on here... then see how many are active, if you could get that many to buy you might be in good shape. One thing is old dirtbikes have been produced longer and with more numbers then the old forgotten and banned trikes. We all know how hard it is to find parts sometime and when found there junk. Then how much is the overhead? how much to produce and ship a issue compared to the cover price? I would buy them just to have and enjoy them hell if I had a spot for my finished rag in even a low run magizine such as your saying i would feel like a star!

Macs
06-12-2009, 09:33 AM
VMX is a very strong running vintage motorcycle mag. I have been a subscriber for quite sometime. So if it worked for them, it would work for us. I also subscribe to Australian ATV Action just for the small section on trikes. I would get up with Aussieduner, he handles the three wheeler section of the mag and could point you i n the right direction. Here is a link where he was talking about it.

http://airfoolers.com/forum/index.php?topic=416.0

Kintore
06-12-2009, 10:44 AM
What about a online email type deal?

That would be ALOT cheaper

rdlsz24
06-12-2009, 10:45 AM
How awesome would it be to find a stock condition Tecate, 250R, and Tri-Z to run side by side tests on?

You mean like this? :lol: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mlnzz32kyd2/250_Trike_Shootout.pdf

I think your idea sounds cool. It would take some work but would be worth it in the end.

Rob

ATC-Eric
06-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Id subscribe.

SYKO
06-12-2009, 11:44 AM
What about a online email type deal?

That would be ALOT cheaper

Its much cooler to actually have a real magizine that you can flip through... if it was online.... wouldnt we be allready doing it?:wondering

Rm250RF900R
06-12-2009, 01:09 PM
id be down for that. Sounds like a good idea. Maybe trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro people will see that 3wheelers still exsist.