PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Building an Airfooler Drag Pipe

ATC185R
06-13-2009, 06:20 PM
I lost the top end on my 83 fooler about a month ago so I decided to go all out with the rebuild. She is completely torn down and naked, sandblasted, and etch primed presently waiting for the top end to come back. The motor will be fairly mild with mild port work and a forged piston and probably carbon fiber reeds. Anyway, in my impatience I decided to build a pipe to get more top end power out of her. I am working the formulas on the design of the pipe but am missing some variables. I fragged the piston when the top end went so I am having trouble finding when the exhaust port opens. It would be nice if one of you guys could find this for me. Find TDC and shine a light in the spark plug hole. Turn the flywheel until you can see a crack of light coming out of the exhaust hole. Now get a protractor and figure out how many degrees you turned the crankshaft after top dead center. Not too hard but I dont have a piston lol. If someone could give me the dimensions from the center of the wrist pin hole to the top of the piston i could figure this out too. I will keep you guys posted. Look forward to a hydroformed/sectioned hybrid pipe made from flat sheet :eek:

Thanks everyone,
AJ

ATC185R
06-26-2009, 12:13 AM
anyone have a loose fooler piston to pull specs off of?..I am dying to get started

dcreel
06-26-2009, 02:17 AM
Sounds like a cool build, lets see some pictures. Have you tried www.airfoolers.com ? You might have better luck over there with the air cooled R stuff.