PDA

View Full Version : quad racer help

xman23
06-15-2009, 04:14 PM
hey guys my buddy just bought a 89 racer and in great shape just fully restored, well anyways he only had it for bout a week, and the first day it would start on the 2nd kick everytime, he took it riding and there was some mud he had to cross and and it shut off, well anyways now the only way it will start is by pop starting it, and it did sheer the key on like the rotor, any ideas? also it seams to run good onece it starts but it dies when you stop? thanks guys

SWIGIN
06-15-2009, 04:27 PM
hard to say, water must of got in a harness plug or something for it to shut off like that.

if he painted the motor or frame make sure the motor is grounded.....grind the paint off at least one motor mount where it touches the motor to make sure.

if you end up needing a new pickup, i still have a brand new never run pickup for my old 89 Q-racer.

xman23
06-15-2009, 08:50 PM
yeah its wierd you can kick all day and wont fire up, and once you pop start it it fires right up, the motor and frame were just painted, but never had a problem starting before till this week, and its been painted for a couple months now, hmm i will do some looking into that, thanks