PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July - Smith Rd Raceway, Medina, OH

TimSr
06-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Round 4 of OTC race Series is coming up fast!

6868 W. Smith Rd. Medina, OH 44256

done Round 1 - Summit County Indoor Race - Jan 10th - (Jan 9, 10, 11)
done Round 2 - Summit County Indoor Race- Feb 28th (Feb, 27, 28, M1)
done Round 3 - Memorial Day - Smith Road - May 25th (May)

Round 4 - July 4th - Smith Road - July 4th (July)
Round 5 - OTC Jamboree - Lightning Raceway Aug 22-23 (Aug)
Round 6 - Labor Day - Smith Road - Sept 7 (Sept)
Round 7 - Sunset Ramblers MX/Flattrack weekend - Oct 17-18(Oct)

For those who havent raced with us, we are a bunch of people out for a good time, from age 14-48 from beginner to veteran, racing for plaques. This is not cut throat racing, and contact is to be avoided (but prepared for). Accidents and mistakes happen, but deliberate crashing of other racers will get you booted. We will have a 3 wheeler A and B class with 10-12 racers in each class. Practice for big quads and us runs 8:00-8:15. Typically the track is very muddy for practice, rutted and tacky for first moto, and dry and faster moving 2nd moto. Many travelers stay at motel 6 on rt 18 in Medina. Any of the OTC people will be happy to help you out, and make you feel welcome. Its costs $10 to get in the gate, and $25 per class to race. Track requires boots that cover the ankle, eye protection, long sleeves, and long pants, and of course a helmet. You need at least a rear grab bar number plate. More is better. They also require a tether kill switch, but its not enforced at this track. Racers are prohibited from consuming alcohol before racing. If you have any questions feel free to email me.

Classes or pretty much based on where one typically finishes, so most new guys tend to start in "B" class, regardless of what they are riding, though occasionally some start in "A" class. (Keep in mind many places only have one trike class) Its been customary that once a rider wins "B" class (unless its due to a series of freak accidents and not his ability) he then moves on to "A" class.

Kintore
06-28-2009, 10:47 PM
See yall there, hoping to take my 4th straight 1st this saturday,

BANANA!

Louis Mielke
06-29-2009, 07:29 AM
I'll be there! Hopefully my race bike will be back together or I'll be rocking the tri-moto! Woohoo!

keister
06-29-2009, 08:22 AM
I'm in too.

I hope the new Memorial Day guys make it back for this one (now as seasoned Smith Road veterans).
Fastz28? Preddy05? GagHalfront?

Where you guys at? Holla back!!

keister
06-29-2009, 08:28 AM
I'll be there! Hopefully my race bike will be back together or I'll be rocking the tri-moto! Woohoo!

Hmmm? Lou on the TriMoto vs me on the R. That sounds like it could be a close race.
Seriously, I hope you get the 5-0 back together..... sort of :D

jason85atc250r
06-29-2009, 09:27 PM
i plan on making it for sure this time with a 250r of each type. a trike and quad.

Timsr how close are the quad classes to the trike class in the race order? justwondering how much of a crazy man i'm going to have ro rush around betwween classes.:lol:

FastZ28
07-01-2009, 12:43 AM
I wasn't planning on goin but my weekend plans have been erased. I might go if I could hookup with Jason, Peepers or Tim so I don't have to drive out alone.

atctim
07-01-2009, 08:16 AM
Bob - My Work schedule is not allowing me to attend this event.....otherwise you could ride out with us from my place.

seadoo650
07-01-2009, 08:23 AM
darn it tim, i wanted to see ya!

what about snake?

btw its Kintore

keister
07-01-2009, 11:03 AM
I wasn't planning on goin but my weekend plans have been erased. I might go if I could hookup with Jason, Peepers or Tim so I don't have to drive out alone.

Bob,
Do you mean ride with or caravan. I don't know if we are taking the 4-Runner with trailer or the 2-seater Tacoma with the wheeler in the bed. I'll talk it over with Carrie tonight and get back to you.
Peepers

BTW - I live right off I-76 and Smith Rd is exactly 2 hrs.

Mosh
07-01-2009, 05:47 PM
How about the list...
Definates---------------------------------------------------------

Tim Sr A-Class
Tim Jr B-Class
Rick Seadoo B-Class
Josh Kintore A-Class
Bill Keister B-Class
Rob- Mosh A-Class
Tammy -Mrs. Mosh B-Class
Team TPC Unknown Rider? A-Class
Flyin Bryan A-Class
Garageboy34-Mark A-Class
Louis Meilke B class, Machine restrictions
Jason85Atc250R B-Class

Maybes,-----------------------------------------------------------

Fast Z-28- Bob
Jake the Snake?
How about the Carrollton guys? Anyone know about them?

Looks like one gate so far.

Russell 350X
07-01-2009, 06:15 PM
I definitely am not going to make this one, definitely Labor day though.

Preddy05
07-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Can't make this one. Work all weekend :(

Bryan Raffa
07-01-2009, 07:08 PM
my bike is ready to go for labor day.. you guys be safe!!

Rob you forgot golightly!

jason85atc250r
07-01-2009, 08:55 PM

i was planning on leaving around noon on friday. you could ride along with me no problem just split gas and stuff. my old toyota gets 20 mph so it'll be a cheap trip.

I'll pm you my phone number.

Tri-Z 250
07-02-2009, 10:15 AM
I will be attending for the better part of the morning...I've been painting my house since last weekend...Dog gone rain is killind me. The wifey isn't too thrilled about me going but hey it's 4th of July Smith road....Plus I hear the Maple Man is gunning for another BIG win. :eek: I don't want to miss that!

FastZ28
07-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Looks like I am gonna be there. Gonna ride out there with Jason.

TimSr
07-03-2009, 12:32 PM

BANANA!

We must all remember that we celebrate the birth of the United States of America on this great day, and we honor our nation's founding fathers. I including this famous quote from Thomas Jefferson to the French rulers of what is now Canada when he said:

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww290/TimSr1961/Posts/goindwn.jpg

Kintore
07-03-2009, 04:41 PM
HAHAHAH your the man tim!

girlsride2
07-03-2009, 06:13 PM

BANANA!

Goin for the 4th win on the 4th of July...How very patriotic and Un-Canadian of you!!shens

Mrs.Mosh
07-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Updated list...As of tonight these are confirmed racers....

Definates---------------------------------------------------------

Tim Sr A-Class
Tim Jr B-Class
Rick Seadoo B-Class
Josh Kintore A-Class
Bill Keister B-Class
Rob- Mosh A-Class
Tammy -Mrs. Mosh B-Class
Team TPC Unknown Rider? A-Class
Flyin Bryan A-Class
Garageboy34-Mark A-Class
Louis Meilke A class,
Jason85Atc250R B-Class?
Fast Z-28 B class?
Carl A Class
Scott A class
Jake the Snake A class.

Possible 2 more locals..
Rammin Rich A class
And Tom 200X

Bryan Raffa
07-04-2009, 10:15 AM
good luck everyone ,, and be safe today!!!!!!!;)

Derrick Adams
07-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Great racing today.. with some interesting results!

Details to come later.

Dammit!
07-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Don't be a tease Derrick! :lol:

FastZ28
07-05-2009, 12:54 AM
Just got home. Had a blast as usual. I will let Derrick keep you in suspense LOL

Bryan Raffa
07-05-2009, 08:40 AM
come on did you guys see a 4pete? or were his dreams crushed!

Bryan Raffa
07-05-2009, 09:00 AM
dont make me flaunt my big bannana! I want results:lol:

Derrick Adams
07-05-2009, 09:17 AM
A CLASS RESULTS:

Although Josh put up a good fight and did manage to pull out a moto win, he got hung up in the back of the pack in the second moto for most of the race. He battled back to third but it wasn't enough to take the over-all win.

Josh finished 2nd behind Carl (on an 85 Tecate), who put on an amazing ride in both motos. Jason Hall took 3rd over-all after leading the first moto until he hit a HUGE mud rut and high sided. He managed to come back to like 5th in that moto and took 1st in the second moto.

B CLASS RESULTS:

We had a new local show up this time on a 250R. He dominated the B class with 2 moto wins, to take the over-all. The star of the day was found in B class this time though, and that star was none other than Tim Jr. He was a man on a mission and clearly wanted a moto win. In my opinion he rode better than anyone on a trike at the races. He brought the second moto right down to the checkered flag with an amazing charge thru the whoops that had all of the spectators standing and screaming. That moto was decided by an 8" win. Not sure who took 3rd in B class, someone will have to chime in.

SIDE NOTES:

Jake the Snake took a slight tumble in the first moto, jumping a table top and landing on Jason Hall.

Rob ran the TPC450 in A class.

Louis Meilke entered his ATC500 in 2 stroke quad and pulled out a 3rd place over-all. He also ran in A Class running close to and sometimes in the lead.

Derrick Adams
07-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Since I went up to watch the 3-wheelers race I took this along.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l34/Derrick_Adams/smithroadjuly4th09006.jpg

.... and they gave me these!

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l34/Derrick_Adams/smithroadjuly4th09014.jpg

sandpuppi101
07-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Hey congrat's on the win Derrick,and thanks for posting up some of the highlight's of the race's.Deffinatly sound's like there was alot of action at the track yesterday.What classes did you run in too get those trophie's in anyway's,and by the way that's a tight looking R you got there also..Is that an '85 or an '86 ??Where about's did that TPC trike place,I did notice that Jason got 3rd overall which is awesome,just wondering how those 2 stacked up.Any of ya's got pic's to post up ?

Jason Hall
07-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Derrick you friggin kicked Ass on the R against the 450's In senior quad!!!! That was SOOO much fun to watch. I think everyone that watched would agree. It does have an extra wheel, but when you can take an old ride and shread LTR450's on a mx track that says alot. You are the MAN.

Raffa, I think you found the only Banana that will fit In Jakes Dodge tail pipe :w00t: How do you think of that stuff?:lol: :lol:

Had a great time, and I'm VERY glad I made this race.

jason85atc250r
07-05-2009, 12:23 PM
A CLASS RESULTS:

Although Josh put up a good fight and did manage to pull out a moto win, he got hung up in the back of the pack in the second moto for most of the race. He battled back to third but it wasn't enough to take the over-all win.

Josh finished 2nd behind Carl (on an 85 Tecate), who put on an amazing ride in both motos. Jason Hall took 3rd over-all after leading the first moto until he hit a HUGE mud rut and high sided. He managed to come back to like 5th in that moto and took 1st in the second moto.

B CLASS RESULTS:

We had a new local show up this time on a 250R. He dominated the B class with 2 moto wins, to take the over-all. The star of the day was found in B class this time though, and that star was none other than Tim Jr. He was a man on a mission and clearly wanted a moto win. In my opinion he rode better than anyone on a trike at the races. He brought the second moto right down to the checkered flag with an amazing charge thru the whoops that had all of the spectators standing and screaming. That moto was decided by an 8" win. Not sure who took 3rd in B class, someone will have to chime in.

SIDE NOTES:

Jake the Snake took a slight tumble in the first moto, jumping a table top and landing on Jason Hall.

Rob ran the TPC450 in A class.

Louis Meilke entered his ATC500 in 2 stroke quad and pulled out a 3rd place over-all. He also ran in A Class running close to and sometimes in the lead.

I was 3rd behind Timjr for the second moto. I got 2nd overall for the day since he got 4th the 1st moto. Timjr was 3rd for the day

Dammit!
07-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Rob ran the TPC450? As in Rob Mosher?

Derrick Adams
07-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Sorry Jason, just realized that I didnt put you in there for 2nd over all.

Also it should be noted that you ran THREE seperate classes!

Billy Golightly
07-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Rob ran the TPC450? As in Rob Mosher?

Yeah, I talked to him on the phone last night and thats what I understood. Don't know much more for details.

Kintore
07-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Yepp Moshman ran the TPC....

I came out within the last 3 or so trikes in the holeshot 2nd moto, made my way back to 3rd but didnt have enough time/energy to grab 2nd and beat carl for the first overall.

On a sidenote-

I ate potato salad and combed the mullet before the 1st moto in which i took 1st,

I think im onto something hahaha

Bryan Raffa
07-05-2009, 10:36 PM
come on .... wheres the :pics: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,X owner

the snake
07-05-2009, 10:40 PM
aint no one sticking any banana's in my tail pipes.

Kintore
07-05-2009, 10:47 PM
BAHAHAHAHAH

snake you kill me brotha

UH UH UHHHHH

Bryan Raffa
07-05-2009, 10:51 PM

see ya labor day big boy:lol: UHUHHHHHHHUUUHHHHHHHHHH.....

3rd post ever...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jason Hall
07-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Bill posted pics on PlanetTrike In the MX section.

HA HA Jake, thems some big pipes.

Mrs.Mosh
07-06-2009, 06:54 AM
Thanks to Bill for taking pics.
He was running all over the track, and got some good pics of everyone and broke down the race details in this thread here.

http://www.planettrike.com/showthread.php?t=542&page=2

Some others have pics and vids too.
Hopefully the get them uploaded shortly.
Our camera has been broke for 3 weeks,so we suck again!

And yes, Mosh was found on a 4 stroke this weekend.
Kinda like seeing Bigfoot or something...LOL

Thanks To Bill at TPC for donating his ride!

Bryan Raffa
07-06-2009, 08:13 AM
no seat on the tecate....:eek:

Russell 350X
07-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Looks like everyone had a good time, I'm bummed I couldn't make it out...Labor day for sure...

keister
07-06-2009, 03:52 PM
no seat on the tecate....:eek:

Not for the final couple laps. It ended up flying off in the whoops and came to rest on the backside of one. I swear every single rider ran it over.

For my part, I got tangled up in the first heat, but came back in the second moto for my best finish ever.

If anyone is wondering what you get for placing at Smith Road -- you get a wooden plaque bearing the likeness of two icons in the world of 3-wheeler racing; Derrick Adams and Tim Sr.

I guess when you get your picture on the trophy - that is a pretty good signal that you "have arrived" in the world of trike racing. shens

atctim
07-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Congrats on the 4th place finish Peepers! You rocked that 250R out - HARD!

jason85atc250r
07-07-2009, 07:17 PM
they ran out of atc plaques and i got a quad one:mad: for my 2nd overall.

Bryan Raffa
07-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Congrats on the 4th place finish Peepers! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!:naughty:

Gag_Halfront
07-09-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm sorry I couldn't make this one. I was still wheezing from whatever the heck I caught at TF. There's no way I could have run an MX race.

I'll be there for Labor Day for sure! (with my pit crew, of course :) )

FastZ28
07-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Hey guys just uploaded the videos to youtube. Thanks to Sam for taking footage of the 1st motos, I did the 2nd A class moto and Tammy took the 2nd B class moto. Thanks.

2009 4th of July Smith Rd 3wheeler A class moto1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D38r3nwI3jI

2009 4th of July Smith Rd 3wheeler B class moto1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJAYXUSzx3s

2009 4th of July Smith Rd 3wheeler A class moto2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWxG5EWaPNU

2009 4th of July Smith Rd 3wheeler B class moto2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AhPLahR9oc

It was great seeing Jason Hall rocking that 450 hard!!
Tim Jr gave us all a good show at the end of the 2nd moto and almost got the win, awesome job Tim Jr!!

FastZ28
07-11-2009, 02:58 PM
These videos working for anyone?

shortline10
07-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Wow this is great , Brings back a-lot of memories . Wish their was a track down here in south Florida . I think i would get my racer dusted off and back out of retirement .

Derrick Adams
07-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Peepers is really impressive on the R. I look for him to be hanging with ATCTim in the real near future.

TImJr put on the best ride of his life! I think he's finally faster than his old man.

Mrs.Mosh
07-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Yes Bob the vids worked fine for us.
Thanks for posting them.

Jason Hall
07-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the vids Bob :beer It was nice talking with you at the track :w00t:

TimSr
07-15-2009, 11:43 PM
Hey guys just uploaded the videos to youtube. Thanks to Sam for taking footage of the 1st motos, I did the 2nd A class moto and Tammy took the 2nd B class moto. Thanks.

2009 4th of July Smith Rd 3wheeler A class moto1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D38r3nwI3jI

2009 4th of July Smith Rd 3wheeler B class moto1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJAYXUSzx3s

2009 4th of July Smith Rd 3wheeler A class moto2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWxG5EWaPNU

2009 4th of July Smith Rd 3wheeler B class moto2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AhPLahR9oc

It was great seeing Jason Hall rocking that 450 hard!!
Tim Jr gave us all a good show at the end of the 2nd moto and almost got the win, awesome job Tim Jr!!

Thanks so much for all the recordings! It was great to see Jr's race in the 2nd moto. I couldnt see all that from the hill where I was shooting. I would love to get that video in its full format on DVD or tape if you ever have a chance one day. That is his best race in all my years of watching.

TimSr
07-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Peepers is really impressive on the R. I look for him to be hanging with ATCTim in the real near future.

TImJr put on the best ride of his life! I think he's finally faster than his old man.

Ive also seen incredible improvement in Bill, especially since he got that R.

Had I been in that class with Jr, he would have totally stomped me. No thoughts about it. I rode one of my worst races that day, but Jr equaled or exceeded some of my best ones. I always used this as my marker as to when I could retire. Ive watched a lot of racers grow over the years but Im obviously most proud of him. Ive got a feeling this years Faircross Races he and I are really going to give the spectators a show.

seadoo650
07-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Thanks so much for all the recordings! I couldnt see all that from the hill where I was shooting. I would love to get that video in its full format on DVD or tape
Tim, goto utube downloader and you can download directly to your computer and then burn it to a DVD.

Louis Mielke
07-16-2009, 01:07 AM
I rode one of my worst races that day, but Jr equaled or exceeded some of my best ones. I always used this as my marker as to when I could retire.

Ummm yah right...
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/louis_mielke/smithrd%20july%204th/186996-R1-01-2A.jpg

This does not look like someone ready to retire to me.

Kintore
07-16-2009, 07:24 AM
haha that is so true,

what do you always say?

pop some geritol and your fine!

the snake
11-14-2010, 05:05 AM
now i have 4

Tri-Z 250
11-19-2010, 12:25 PM
:crazy: 4what??shens

posts in 1yr old topics:beer

atctim
11-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Steve, - not to trash up this thread - but I told him he only had 3 posts and has been a member for a while now (which is fine BTW no need to post non-sense like alot of these guys do). then to be a real "wise-guy" he went in this thread and did this. he has 4 posts! - On a side note - I think now he has 4 three wheelers as well.