PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ideas! transporting live bait on your ATV/fishing thread!!!

chris200x
07-01-2009, 06:19 PM
How do you guys keep them alive.. and not stun the chit outta them. I havent had much luck so far this summer.. by the time we get out to our favorite hole either all or most of he water is gone... or they are already half dead from being knocked around so much. these muskie minnows we use for bass are quite pricey too! about $2.50ea.!!! :wondering

Any idears? :welcome: maybe I should buy them all little helmets to wear lol!!!

SYKO
07-01-2009, 06:23 PM
goto captain D's... problem solved!:)

Bryan Raffa
07-01-2009, 06:31 PM
plano insulated bucket with a Mr Bubbles Battery powerd airator..and ride with it in your lap so if it spills on you nuts... your going to fast!!:lol:

serously..bucket in your lap sitting on your bike take a piece of rope and make a handle to go around your neck..to each side if the bucket that way you dont have to hold it all the time ...you can stand also but you gotta be careful

Im talkin minnow bucket not a 5 gal bucket... you can even duck tape the holes on to so it dont splash to bad

PS I WISH for BASS ALSO!^^:lol: you fishin with brapp today?

outtaline
07-01-2009, 07:24 PM
I was lmao readin this. We did it last weekend use a small cooler or a bucket with a lid and don't leave any air space for the water to slosh. Like he said Mr. Bubbles.
So that you can run the air put really small holes in the lid just big enough for the air to get out all you need is pin holes.

Dirtcrasher
07-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Make a custom gas tank that divides down the center :D

Bait on one side and fuel on the other :w00t:

Toss one of them fizzy tablets in the fish side for oxygen :lol:

Lukeatc185
07-01-2009, 07:37 PM
i like dirt crashers idea :P,

chris200x
07-01-2009, 09:14 PM
goto captain D's... problem solved!:)

Hey Allen...What is Capt'n D's? got a link or something??? :wondering

Bryan Raffa
07-01-2009, 09:50 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.captainds.com/files/home.aspx

brapp
07-01-2009, 10:41 PM
chris i put them in a rather large bag and fillwith water and tie off and then fill a cooler with water and let the bag float around in the cooler and eems to work good.

chris200x
07-02-2009, 05:51 AM
I guess I'll turn this into another fishing thread lol:w00t:

1st pic is a small bass, maybe 9-10 inches. 2nd pic is a 12 1/2 inch perch. 3rd crappy cell phone pic is a 26 inch channel catfush. 4th pic is a 12 ounce rolling rock can (brapps wall hanger). last pic is another crappy pic of that catty I caught two weeks ago. All where caught on 4-6 inch shad or nightcrawlers (livebait seems to work best around here for just about anything)

Fee free to post up some of your recent catches, what u use for bait. fish stories, etc etc....

johnny's X
07-02-2009, 11:10 AM
I dont see any license on your hats boys!?

brapp
07-02-2009, 11:46 AM
hey chris come up some weekend and well do it up country style!

chris200x
07-02-2009, 03:27 PM
I dont see any license on your hats boys!?

License? what are those? lol. I usually wear mine on the back of my hat.

Soon as it cools down.. I'll be headed back out again. Screw that baking out in the sun all day :D

Oh.. I think I figured out my keeping bait alive thing too. there is a bait place in town that sells shiners and other live bait out of a vending machine. The shiners are in thick plastic bags filled with water and tied.

I think I'll grab myself one of those cheapo styrofoam coolers and stuff the bags in there tight and strap that to the atv racks. should work (hoping)

Macs
07-02-2009, 06:44 PM
I have always used a bag pumped full of air ( like petsmart does) and toss it iin with the beer. My live shrimp do just fine. We usaully buy them right over the causeway then driive out to san luis pass. Then put them on the three wheelers and dune it out to fish. I would say they are in there about an hour. Maybe an hour and a half. They do fine. I always keep an air tank with us because of the debris still on the beaches. so i just put a shot out of that in a baggy.

tanks350x
07-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Here's an idea, it might work, who knows? How about putting them in a milk carton, with a twist on cap? As long as the water is fresh there shouldn't be an issue im guessing.. Bring an empty pail to dump them into when you get there.. We used to do it that way when we were kids..We used to put the jug handle on our handlebars on our bikes. And fishing pole going across them as well

brapp
07-02-2009, 08:06 PM
hey chris i'llbe down next week soemtime lets show these guys how to catch the big ones!!!!!!

chris200x
07-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Here's an idea, it might work, who knows? How about putting them in a milk carton, with a twist on cap? As long as the water is fresh there shouldn't be an issue im guessing.. Bring an empty pail to dump them into when you get there.. We used to do it that way when we were kids..We used to put the jug handle on our handlebars on our bikes. And fishing pole going across them as well

That's not a bad idea Roy.. but we use 5-7"+ inch shiners for bait mostly. :naughty: Not quite sure we'd get em in there.. or back out for that matter. :D I should just invest in one of those small bait throwing net thingies...

Josh,, just let me know what day,, one day in advance... worse case is we'll just park at the gate and walk out to that resivour...Or I'll bring my box of rapalas! :D or we can head down the river @ night for some cats too!

I'm jonesin for a day out on CONESUS LAKE!!! :idea: :D :D :D

Bryan Raffa
07-02-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm jonesin for a day out on CONESUS LAKE!!! :idea: :D :D :D

as soon as you can afford to drive up ..ill buy the beer and gas.:D

just not tomorrow ..lol I got 30ppl coming over..