//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 200s mods?

--

200s mods?

I would like to add a little power to my 200s. I don't want anything over the top though. I was thinking of...200x carb and intake boot, DG RCM exhaust, and a K&N air filter.

would this be a good upgrade? and what year 200x carb would I look for?

One other thing is rejetting the carb for the exhaust and filter, what five jet sizes should I have on hand to dial this in, what is a good starting point for the main jet?

--
    200x carb from 83-85 would work, or better yet, an xr 200 carb and intake, any year except 85-86 "dual carb". Also, you can throw in the XR 200 cam, and that will help wake the motor up. As far as jetting goes, put the performance pipe on and ride it and do a couple spark plug color checks. Honda runs rich from the factory on the 200, so sometimes a jetting change isnt necessary. You can also alow a more free flowing air filter or remove the airbox cover, but then you shouldnt be riding in mud. Once again, check plug after every mod you do to make sure it dosnt become too lean. Start off with the stock jets, and increase one size at a time if you find you need to. Good Luck!
    THE 80's RAGE! Currently owns:
    81, 85 Yamaha Tri Moto 125
    83 Yamaha Tri Moto 200 x2
    82,83 Yamaha Tri Moto 175 project
    85 Yamaha Tri Z 250
    84 Kawasaki Tecate 250
    84 Honda ATC 70
    85 Honda ATC 350X
    84 Honda ATC 250R
    (2) 84 Honda ATC 200x
    82, 83 Honda ATC 185s
    81 ATC 200
    Lots of other parts and bikes

--
    Thanks for the help, I'll look around for an xr carb. I would like to stick with simple bolt on's. so I don't really wanna change out the cam. will the carb exhaust and filter still make a differance without doing the cam? Thanks again.

--
    Yes, the carb,filter and exhaust will make a little more power. The cam IS direct fit and bolt on, you dont have to change anything! Its so simple to put in, and takes like 20 minutes. The cam would be like adding icing to the cake to make it that much better. If your putting that much in it, might as well get the cam too.
    THE 80's RAGE! Currently owns:
    81, 85 Yamaha Tri Moto 125
    83 Yamaha Tri Moto 200 x2
    82,83 Yamaha Tri Moto 175 project
    85 Yamaha Tri Z 250
    84 Kawasaki Tecate 250
    84 Honda ATC 70
    85 Honda ATC 350X
    84 Honda ATC 250R
    (2) 84 Honda ATC 200x
    82, 83 Honda ATC 185s
    81 ATC 200
    Lots of other parts and bikes

--

wrong years

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha_Rules69 View Post
    200x carb from 83-85 would work, or better yet, an xr 200 carb and intake, any year except 85-86 "dual carb". Also, you can throw in the XR 200 cam, and that will help wake the motor up. As far as jetting goes, put the performance pipe on and ride it and do a couple spark plug color checks. Honda runs rich from the factory on the 200, so sometimes a jetting change isnt necessary. You can also alow a more free flowing air filter or remove the airbox cover, but then you shouldnt be riding in mud. Once again, check plug after every mod you do to make sure it dosnt become too lean. Start off with the stock jets, and increase one size at a time if you find you need to. Good Luck!

its the 84-85 xr200 thats was a dual carb,4 valve engine.
    Signature pic removed,becuase of no helmet.

--
    i have a couple 200x carbs ,let me know if you want one.

--
    what kind of shape are they in and how much? also do you have the intake boot, needle, and needle valve to go with them?

would the 200x carb or the xr200 carb be better? I want this to be reliable and not have to be played with every time I wanna go out for a ride.

another thing is I don't have a decompression cable for my pull start...would putting a cam in make it crazy to pull start? and do I use the stock valves with the new cam?

finally does anyone have part #'s for the piston/rings and cam? and where to get them?

sorry to have so many questions but this is going to be my fall project so I would like to start getting the parts now. a parts/special tool list that I would need would be great if someone can list it. Thanks for all the help guys!

--
    bump

anyone?

--

200x parts

Quote Originally Posted by Twizted View Post
    what kind of shape are they in and how much? also do you have the intake boot, needle, and needle valve to go with them?

would the 200x carb or the xr200 carb be better? I want this to be reliable and not have to be played with every time I wanna go out for a ride.

another thing is I don't have a decompression cable for my pull start...would putting a cam in make it crazy to pull start? and do I use the stock valves with the new cam?

finally does anyone have part #'s for the piston/rings and cam? and where to get them?

sorry to have so many questions but this is going to be my fall project so I would like to start getting the parts now. a parts/special tool list that I would need would be great if someone can list it. Thanks for all the help guys!
    $45 shipped-200x carb comes complete with thrumb throttle i also have a 200x topend with a valve cover that has the decompression lever and new rocker arms for $65.dennis kirt has a nice wiseco piston kit and you can get a xr200 cam from service honda.

--
    dnt change intakes s & x have differant angels to aling it with the box

--
    Quote Originally Posted by zappaz View Post
    dnt change intakes s & x have differant angels to aling it with the box
    check out the date on all these post you have been digging up.
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

--
    Would this work with a honda 200m

--
    Yes. The engines are the same except for your electric start.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //