//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 250r build starting

--
    great build.

KASEY is offline weee weeee weeeeeeeeeee ! ! ! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    i am loading it in the truck in the morning,, i will set it on the scale and see where it ended up,, then a little test run .. all i have left is the headlight, and a once over on all the bolts and fastners ,, then it will be ready for a few jetting passes ,,, and some seat of he pants dyno runs....

--
    Nice!! Dig the colour!
    My Feedback 85 TECATE 500 08 Honda 450R

--

--
    RIDE REPORT!! we went to gordons well over halloween,, got a chance to test in real world conditions.. i knew my jetting was a little fat in the bottom and mid range, so do you think i could find a pilot jet in phoenix???? hell everyone could orderit,, not a single shop out of the 10 i stopped in had one!! since the kids ride way more on the bottom end than i do i needed to get it pretty close ,, so i put the one i had which would be close till i can find one,,, WOW!!! THATS ALL I CAN SAY. the trike was awesome,, the first trip i made on it i busted the silencer off,, (to close to the tire for my weight) i just wanted to see how the jetting was on the topend,,, i think it did ok there,,, still a little rich on the mid,,, but wow it runs great, the suspension is perfect for the kids weight,, so sunday i jacked up therear shock pressure to 300 psi so i could it a little,, fun,, fun fun,,, the the throttle is to small in diameter it takes to much wrist action to gass it so i will change that,, kelli was a little timid on it saturday,, being the first ride no big deal ,, sunday morning before we left i got her to attack a few big hills and use a little power to see the difference from her stock 250r and this one 60lbs lighter and 6" longer swinger,, before we loaded it in the trailer she was feeling better about it,,, so just a few details and its a full on duner!! i was looking back,, this was a 5 month long project,, i started with a bare frame,, not a complete trike,, so it was built out of my parts bins,,,

--
    Good job Richard!

That looks sharp, Looking at those dunes makes me salivate. I'll make it out there some day...
    Leave feedback for me here : [Please Don't start another thread again!]
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...for-MagicJames

Current :
    86 250SX
    86 350X
    86 250R Project

Owned and Sold

85 250R
    2 ATC70's 84 and 79

--

--
    Blog Entries
    Moved to top tier showcase now that it's pretty much done.

laidout2times is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Wow, now that thing is immaculate!! To say im impressed would be an understatement. I need to get out west. The dunes look far tooooo fun!

--
    Where did you get the white gas tank?
    Leave feedback for me here : [Please Don't start another thread again!]
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...for-MagicJames

Current :
    86 250SX
    86 350X
    86 250R Project

Owned and Sold

85 250R
    2 ATC70's 84 and 79

--
    its an oem tank with a coat of white paint... we are going to see how it holds up and for how long,,, i didn't paint the underside so it can still breath,,, so we will see how long it lasts,,,

--
    depends on what you used for a ground coat Kasey, I painted my tank black and it held up well... but I used a waterborn primer first, a water born primer will not let anything threw it. but the solvents still built up underneath it and I still had some bubbles but for the most part it held up well.

--
    freaking amazing
    1985 200X
    66mm H&S Piston
    Little Bit Bigger Cam
    Bassani Exhaust

1985 350X With Bassani Exhaust

1983 Honda 200E (PARTING OUT!!!!)

1985 Yamaha Tri-Zinger

My Feedback Threadhttp://http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?105185-Feedback-for-RodKnockRacing&highlight=RodKnockRacing

--
    Simply amazing. Love your work man!!!
    ENJOY.

TORKER.
    THOSE WHO SAY IT CANNOT BE DONE, SHOULD NOT GET IN THE WAY OF THOSE BUSY DOING IT...

--
    well i am real happy with the way it turned out. i had a chance to ride it all weekend on the last dune trip so i got a chance to really put it to the test.. the powerband is perfect for dunung very strong bottomend power with no actual band of power.. its got a very smooth transition from low to topend. the suspension turned out to be a better suprise ,the forks with stock springs and 15wt oil very nice with 10.5" of travel. the rear no link with a marvin shaw shock also worked out very nice with 11" of travel... riding it all weekend refreshed my thoughts on why i ride TRIKES!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //