//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 250r build starting

KASEY is offline weee weeee weeeeeeeeeee ! ! ! The day begins with 3WW
    --

250r build starting

well i have pushed a few 70's out of the way to build my girls a new 250r for dune season starting in october, its going to be hopefully a 230 pound fully wet 300cc drag bike wanna be!!! mostly for playing in the dunes and cruzzzing vendors row in the evenings,,, i have got almost all the goodies lined up ,,, so the build begins,, with chopping the rear off the frame,,,, i started with a 85 250r bare frame. 5565

i added a couple of brackets to bolt a removable subframe on it,,, i wanted something lighter than the stock part,,, i built the subframe out of stainless steel,, without any brackets on it yet... the only things to be added will be a bracket for the aircleaner,, i will be using a +6 dura blue swingarm till i have time to build my own design,,, here is what the sub frame looks like so far,,, i am also not using the rear motormounts that are between the swinger,,, i am going to add a bracket off the frame like an 88 trx,,, so i also eliminated the stuff below the swingarm bolt,,, its just added weight!!! oh i punched a few holes in the brake pedal too!!!

i raised the subframe height a little in the rear to sweep the seat to the front a little more than stock,,, should help to keep a little more weight foward too,,, i am going to use real short bend bars too,,, i like the look and it also keeps you foward a little ,,

i found a very kool set of kx80 forks,,, they are inverted,, since i am not going to run front brakes these will work perfect,,, lighter than 250r forks and more travel,, best thing,,,,,,,,, they are only 42 mm on the top side , so i bored the stock clamps to 42 mm and slid them right in,,, perfect,,, trailing axle keeps the stock geometry too

now for a few goodies,,, RPM aluminum adjustable to 6+ axle,, complete ready to play just 9LBS!!! LITTLE OUT OF FRAME DRAG PIPE,,, CHROME CLUTCH COVER TOO

i also have a front hub coming from another member that was shaved to half of its original weight,,, should look pretty kool,,, i am going to use a marvim shaw rear shock in a no link configuration too,,, i'll post more pictures when i get it to a rolling chassis,,, i had to split 3 motors to get all the goodies i needed to build a good solid 300 cc motor,, i also sent the transmission in and had it cryrogeniticaly treated (FROZEN) SUPOSE TO MAKE IT LAST LONGER AND TOUGHER AND SMOOTHER,,, WE WILL SEE...
    Last edited by KASEY; 07-25-2009 at 09:31 PM.

--
    Awesome.. The parts alone amount to a mean 250R, can't wait to see this one in its next stage.
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    When you bored your tripples, did you have to offset the holes towards the center to keep clearance for the pinch bolts?

--
    there is plenty of room to get the bolts in,, it was bored 3 mm total .. here is where i am now... got my rear shock and mounted the forks,,
    i scored a set of marvin shaw rear shocks on craigslist. so i am getting closer... i am shooting for a 1.5 to 1 shock ratio,, so i have to do a little work on the top mount... it will have 9" of smooth travel,, and 10 inches on the front,,, more than i wanted ,, but it will be chushy .

--
    very nice Mr. Kasey...how heavy is that subframe compared to stock?
    Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=78535

Patiently waiting..

--
    its all thin wall stainless steel,, it weighs half of what i cut off,,, i incorperated the grabber into it to save weight too,,, no bolts,,

boosted96cobra is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Amazing work man!
    http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll292/sagep11/IMAG0069-1.jpg

84 tri-zinger
    85 ATC 250r
    86 TRX 250r
    85 ATC 350x
    86 ATC 200x

--
    off to the engine room,,, i installed new bearings in the good case half and started the tranny ,, i got a few new parts from bobs to insure a smooth trans operation,, shift drum like new and a shift fork was a little worn,,, i also put a better condition 2nd gear in ... as soon as i finish stripping the other side i can install new bearings and put it together,, i drilled and tapped a couple of holes in the bench to make a sterdy motor stand,,, that way when i beat the crap out of it putting it together it won't fall on the floor!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

--
    Looks steeler Richard. Cant wait to see it in person this winter
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

--
    Made in indonesia you say? Nifty work. Fan of the allthread engine stand. Bravo.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC-Eric View Post
    Looks steeler Richard. Cant wait to see it in person this winter
    man i hope my whole family get a chance to come to the next version of "YOU WESTCOAST PEOPLE SUCK"

--
    MAN I GOT DEEP INTO THIS ONE , more than i thought to just freshen it up,,, but wow its ready to roll now,, the second motor i split was a cream puff!! i should have split it first i guess,,, but from looking at the busted case and the outside condition i figured the inside was as abused as the outside,,, WRONG .... so i get a perfect condition clutch new plates steel instead of aluminum plates... and a perfect kicker gear with very nice rachet gear,, so i should be ready for the rest tomorrow,,, working in the garage @ 113 really takes it out of you!!!

--
    Blog Entries
    Get one of those Master Cool portable swamp coolers. I've been using one for the last three years or so. Works really well. Doesn't leak or anything. You just have to stay somewhat close to it and leave the garage door open.

--
    nice work man
    1985 200X
    66mm H&S Piston
    Little Bit Bigger Cam
    Bassani Exhaust

1985 350X With Bassani Exhaust

1983 Honda 200E (PARTING OUT!!!!)

1985 Yamaha Tri-Zinger

My Feedback Threadhttp://http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?105185-Feedback-for-RodKnockRacing&highlight=RodKnockRacing

--
    Gotta love the stainless
    3 wheelers:
    '85 ATC 110 (its my first restoration!!)
    Saving up for a 250r later this year!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //