//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eclipse Help and Ideas

techmaster330 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Eclipse Help and Ideas

Alright guys I have a 96 Eclipse 5 speed manual non-turbo and I want to know what you guys think would be the best way to upgrade it. Now I don't mean just the engine, that would be very helpful too, but anything you guys think would be a good idea. I'm changing almost everything anyway but I want some opinions on what to do and what order to do things in. Oh and were coming up on winter here and we get crazy amounts of snow and cold in case that has any affect on your opinions. By the way its like a dark green color now but I don't have a digital camera for any pics, sorry.

--
    Great upgrade for an Eclipse..... jk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sign02.jpg  
    No trikes. Too old, too crippled. Unless I find one I can't live without!
    "You cant fix stupid" ~ Ron White
    My feeback link: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-Thorpe

--
    BOOOOOST

my friends old car would break em loose at 90...

then again, the twin turbo was the least of it.
    Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=78535

Patiently waiting..

techmaster330 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    OK here's the list I was thinking off to start with, and notice there is nothing to do with the engine cause I have no clue what I should do.

El -Glo Gauge Faces
    Buddy Club Racing Spec Bucket Seats
    Evolution Autodesign Carbon Fiber Dash Kit
    NRG Steering Wheel
    MOMO Pedal Covers
    Broadway Type-A Rear View Mirror
    NRG Emergency Brake Handle
    In Pro Car Wear Altezza Style Tail Lights
    Anzo USA Projector Headlights
    Autoloc Suicide Door Kit
    Hyper Wings Universal Carbon Fiber Wings Type 1 (57in)
    Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood - EVO Style
    BC-2 Body Kit

What do you guys think, besides a total waste of money?

--
    Kind of off topic but curious. What was the car that came out the same time as the eclipse but had awd and aws?? It has been driving me nutts the last few minutes. Was it a special eclipse or something diffrent altogther. I remember that they look similiar.

Nevermind. Google was my friend on that one. I had a Letto minute.
    Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is the same as calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist.

1981 Wife ( Project)

--
    barry if you know where to look you can find an eclipse with the ORIGINAL evo engine in it, only FWD only.

The problem with the 3000GT was and always has been...WEIGHT.

I would suggest putting a little money into the engine, and a little less money into ricer look... and your carbon hood will be in less than 5000 miles.

Patiently waiting..

--
    I would put most of it into the engine but I have no idea what I'm doing, that's why I want all of your guys' opinions and help. It only has a K&N air system and a pipe right now.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
    and your carbon hood will be in less than 5000 miles.
    Whats wrong with the carbon hoods?

--
    this is a 95 gst shell...thankfully those ugly ass rims aren't on it anymore.

some people may be able to spot what does and does not belong.

carbon fiber doesn't deal well with impacts...of any kind. pebble or bird....consider it screwed.

Patiently waiting..

--
    See I have absolutely no idea what belongs and what doesn't, it just looks really clean to me, that's why I need help.

--
    That's actually before the second turbo and intercooler.

Quickest way to make these fast...turbo. Stock internals are pretty beefy. Block has a decent nickle count. Boost it. Should it blow. Build it and boost it some more.

Patiently waiting..

--
    The GST was turbo front wheel drive, the gsx was turbo all wheel drive. The first gen block is stronger for boosting. I owned a GS for a while. It was pretty fast although my 92 GSR would still beat it. The 4G63 2.0 4 cylinder turbo motor would be a drop in deal. Really you would just have to change the ecu to a gst or gsx, or go standalone. I'm not sure if the tranny would bolt up.

The body lines are still good looking today. And the cars are 100% better than the fugly new 6 cylinder Eclipse.

Hahn racecraft sells a turbo kit that has been around a long time and pulls in good power safely. Here is their website.
    http://www.turbosystem.com/auto/eclipse/eclipse.htm
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    So if I order a turbo kit, I might as well order two? I didn't know you could do that but what do I know.

--
    I don't think anyone sells a twin turbo kit for the 420A, I know one turbo would be easier to get running than two. The kit from Hahn is a single turbo. Running two on a 4 cylinder is a little overkill. When you can just throw a bigger single turbo on it. I don't know if the twin turbo was sequential or not. One big one would give you noticable lag. On a 6 cylinder or a Mazda 13B the sequential twin turbo runs on one then runs both reducing lag.

Do you want an all out fire breather or just something faster?
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    I definitely want it to have more power and speed but I'm not a racer so I'm not going for 500 horse monster engine. It hardly has enough go power to climb some of the hills around here and I would like it to be quite a bit quicker.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //