//ArrowChat Code

Thread: iPod help

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

iPod help

I've got Dirtcrasher's iPod at my house. He's got one of those "Shuffles". He wanted me to load some of my music into it but I have come across a couple issues. First of all, I was told by somebody that if I download from my iTunes to Steve's iPod, I will be using one of my five supposed chances to download from my iTunes to an iPod other than my own. I'm not really clear on how this works, but I guess it has something to do with the iTunes music being proprietary or something like that.

The other thing is, I have a 30 gig video iPod and when I update it I just plug it in and it takes care of itself. I've never used a shuffle, and I'm curious how you download to them. Obviously my entire library won't fit in the shuffle, so how do I choose what goes into it?

Thanks
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--

ipod

i too had problems with a friends ipod.i wanted to up load his ipod to my library.i couldnt figure it out and quit.i dont know if all his music was sanctioned by apple or not.
    1985 ATC 250R
    . Team Red Trike

KASEY is offline weee weeee weeeeeeeeeee ! ! ! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    all my music came from cd's and a few sites.. not apple.. the problem is if you don't use your own original library it wants to delete and start over,,, i would never got one if i knew how much of a pain it is to work with,,,, not user friendly at all,,,,,,,,,

--
    I hated the Itunes interface with such a passion I went ahead and formatted my Ipod and ran the winamp Ipod plugin - now the Ipod shows up as a 'drive' on my PC and I can load all my songs into winamp and with one click transfer them to my Ipod or any Ipod formatted to work with winamp.

Once you set your Ipod up to work with winamp it is so much easier then Itunes garbage.

KASEY is offline weee weeee weeeeeeeeeee ! ! ! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    So If I Do That Will I Lose All I Have On It Now Or Can I Backit Up,, First?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by KASEY View Post
    So If I Do That Will I Lose All I Have On It Now Or Can I Backit Up,, First?
    Do you have the songs stored on your hard drive somewhere now?

Once you start using this method of loading via Winamp you would never wanna go back to Itunes interface.

--
    I'm about to head out to the shed to do some wrenching - so here is a link for you to do some reading to get familiar with this plugin.

http://www.mlipod.com/

If you have any questions I'll try and answer them best I can when I get back in. Good luck man, get rid of Itunes and NEVER look back.

--
    Winamp seems the way to go and a great solution.....

How do you format the ipod and apparently that will erase anything on your ipod so you better have the songs somewhere else, unless they can be transferred.

Fabio has allot of music and the system worked for him, he's merely trying to load mine for me with music he has (that I like.....)

Can songs be downloaded from the existing itunes fed ipod to your desktop or folder?? Is that possible?? Then I imagine you could simply upload them to Winamp and be all set to load them anywhere.

It's funny, I've asked people in the last year "where do you get your music" and most of them say ITUNES, "it's only .99c a song!!" They go on to tell me they have 1200 songs, thats life but too rich for me right now. I have found a few OTHER places I can get music from at which point I can upload those to Winamp. I just wish there were a way to get a few of Favio's songs on my shuffle................... Without compromising his Itunes account.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //