//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yo WASSUP!

Yo WASSUP!

hey hey, whats going on?? I'm new to the 3wheeling scene. I just bought my first trike, It is a 1985 Suzuki Tecate-Z 350. But I have one problem, everytime I completely go under water the muffler bearings always wear out and I have to buy new ones. does anybody know any tricks or anything to help me out with this problem?
    thanks alot guys
    Tim "ThreeWheelio" Warburton
    _______
    Added by Howdy:
    ThreeWheelio was killed on July 20th, 2006 when Jeep he was working on fell on him. It was a very tragic accident. He will be sadly missed by everyone who knew him.

---edited: what the heck did I must say? lol Wrong Topic!!---

GOod to see ya 3 wheelio.

Glad you got yurself a Tri Z 350...I hear thsoe were really fast. Although Im not a fan of 3 stroke engine....I enjoy a 12 speed transmission.

--
    HEY THREEWHEELIO!!!! Long time no see, do you or anyone else remember me? a.k.a Holeshot350x, Honda350xx.

--

muffler bearings + woodrods (for welding) hard to find.

3WHeeLio, definetly heard your name,,, Honda350x uhhh no.
    gotta get howdy to tell us kids more stories at the badlands on november 2nd.

good to hear from you 2 at any rate.

john

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Hey 3Wheelio, I know your problem! You don't have a powerband connecting your muffler bearing to the rear brake disc! Hook one of those up and your problems are solved

--

hello

Tim, i just joined the site this year and have not had a chance to tell you, thanks for creating a great site my helmet's off to you. i've heard a lot of good things about you from Billy and a lot of bad things from Howdy...( JK Howdy i owed you that one) hope to get a chance to talk to you in chat or on the board. (if i haven't already i heard you like to use differant names) and fair warning i can be a little sarcastic but i mean no harm.
    oh and for your problem if you install a grease fitting on your expansion chamber you can grease your muffler bearings more offen which will help them last longer. and if your wondering why the expansion chamber and not the muffler where the bearings are located it is because the force of the exhaust will blow the grease on the bearings and distribute it better and it also gets it hot so its will thin it down alowing it to penetrate the bearings better. this works real well on my 1986 Honda Moto TRI 400RX

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    MrATC brings up a good point, but you must remember to use synthetic based grease or it will thin out and blow right by the bearings. Thus not allowing it to stick and lube them

Yo WASSUP!

The single, best thing you can do is make sure to clean all the parts in grade A-1 prop wash! Since it's only available to the aviation industry, you have to get it at a maintenance hangar. Just ask any of the guys there for it...they'll know what you're talkin about......

--

muffler

i have to disagree with HondaATC if you use synthetic grease it will cause your powerband to slip if you use a good quality ATV grease and not a auto grease you will not have the problems he mentions there is a differance after all how many cars drive under water as much as trikes

--
    Blog Entries
    Dude I wasn't talking about atv OR automotive grease. One of those is as bad as another. You've got to use the good, high grade Industrial grease. You know, the good kind that you have to use sandpaper to remove it from parts.

--

oh thats real smart now he'll just clog the whole thing up ever try to sand inside a pipe? and what happens if you have a backfire it will get on your piston and cylinder filling in the clearances causing your motor to seize. industrial grease give my a break man dont you know that Kawasaki Heavy Industries specificaly tells you not to use industrial grease that is for the motors on there oil barges you know the exon kxz Valdise

--
    Blog Entries
    Why would you be removing the grease in the first place? The yamahahahalude industrial grease has a tensile strength of about 500lbs. I doubt a motor will back fire and pull that into it ;-)

Tri-Z_Jim is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    hey 3wheelio.long time no see.
    I bet if you took the Piston out and turned it around ,it would give you a 50% HP increase.Dont forget to coat the cylinder walls with that grease also.

--
    Maybe you need to check the blinker fluid :clap

--

Hey Hey Hey

Wheelio, your whole problem was getting the 85 Model, when you should have held out & got the redesigned and highly improved 86 model!! They replaced the muffler bearing with a highly improved flux capacitor.

What's UP !! Welcome Back! Things sure look alot different don't they?
    1986 Tecate
    1984 Tecate
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 ATC350X
    1985 ATC250R (2)
    1985 ATC125M (2)
    1982 ATC70 - Original Owner

175 TriMoto Frame with Pro-Tec Rear Suspension

3-Wheelin' since '82

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //