//ArrowChat Code

Thread: honda 185 / 200s carb adjustment

--

honda 185 / 200s carb adjustment

hey guys,
    just joined the 3 wheeling world with a sweet honda 200s (bored 185). I took apart the carburetor and cleaned it thoroughly and got the bike to run pretty good, but it is still a little rough. the idle seems a little too high, and there is some backfire. How do I adjust the idle and how do I adjust the fuel/air mixture?
    here is a diagram I found (unfortunately nothing is labeled):

you can use the numbers on the diagram to tell me which screw adjusts what. My guess is #9 and #18, but I don't know which does what.
    Thanks,
    Dan

Pafrig is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    9 adjusts the idle, by setting how low the slide (the thing that goes up and down and acts like a valve) can sit. screw out, lower idle, screw in, high idle. 18 does nothing except for hold the bowl on the carburator. 6 adjusts the fuel/air mixture. the further it goes in, the less fuel you get, causing back firing out the intake. the further it goes out, the more fuel you get in porportion to air. too far, and you will hear poping in the muffler. basic rule of thumb is to seat screw 6, then take it out 2 spins. you may also want to play with the ignition timing. (under the cover that says cdi). Remove the cover and move the coil around. counter clockwise makes the ignition later, clockwise makes it earlier.

--
    Welcome to the board. What year is your Honda? How about some pics too.

--
    thanks for the help pafrig...so I guess I need to take the carbs apart again to adjust the mixture.

saladboy is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    no you dont the adjustment screws can be accessed from the outside.

--
    This diagram is blurred out??

--
    I would replace the o rings between the carb and head if they're old. One on the carb and one on the intake manifold (or insulator as Honda calls it). Sounds like it could be a vacuum leak from the o rings causing your problems, maybe a crack in the intake spacer or possibly the 2 nuts that hold the carb on aren't tight. Just a few ideas since I went through a carb a bunch of times with the same issues you're having before I found a crack in my intake.
    ~ 3 WHeeLeRs 4 LIFe! ~

--
    go to www.partzilla.com
    look up your machine, it will show you a great diagram and prices and part numbers, or download the manual (you need this)
    for your machine. search manual here on this site.

MrC.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueman View Post
    This diagram is blurred out??
    That's because it from Photobucket which is basically a POS photo sharing site (as far as I'm concerned). Blueman, what problems are you having now, in 2020? We'll be glad to heelp you out. As for the replies to the 2009 issues, I'd bet that either the issues got sorted out or the trike was sold.

--

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //