//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 09 crf450r?

--

09 crf450r?

I was looking at the new upgrades for the crf450r and it claims that on a full tank of gas it weighs in at around 230lbs... okay how is this safe? are we reducing the frame size to sqeeze every pound out as possible? they even put lighter materials in the head to reduce wieght, I thought they where already having issues? another thing to which is cool, is that honda is selling these things already punched out max horse power that these motors can handle, in and around 55hp through 60hp. for some reason these motors don't like going higher.

http://www.vitalmx.com/features/Firs...a-CRF450R,2866

--
    they keep playing with magnesium, every year technology advances and we are able to manipulate aluminum more, many frames area aluminum/carbide combo they can make the metal more rigid, and reduce ID of tubing and still have a frame with the same crush weight. They also are playing alot with the way the engine is, They have talkin alot of weight out of the tranny, theres alot of TI in new bikes

for horsepower. theres only so fast you can spin a single 4 stroke without the harmonics going frikin wiggy. I know they will make more horsepower then 60, but its keeping them living. The pistons are so light and have no sleeve's that basically the rings are the onlything balancing the piston through the stroke...means no bueno for the rings.
    86 ATC 500R the duner..
    85 ATC 500R...the not quite finished faster duner
    1985 ATC 250R Bone stock!!
    1985 ATC250R mx/duner
    1986 TRX370R MX/Duner
    94 Banshee 400PV Cheetah 105RWHP

300rman is offline My other user 3WW ID was Nitebiker07. Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    the 09's are junk. plagued with tranny issues, motor issues, and the like. they are great, when they are running.....

and the 09 is so light because the bike is dimensionally tiny. if those 4 strokes werent so crappy, i'd definitely get the 09 because i like small sized bikes.
    Last edited by 300rman; 10-12-2009 at 11:57 AM.

--
    I wonder how this bike would handle with cr250 motor plant instead..

300rman is offline My other user 3WW ID was Nitebiker07. Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by factoryX View Post
    I wonder how this bike would handle with cr250 motor plant instead..
    would probably be a lot more reliable. the ergo of the bike is praised, if the rider isnt a bigger/taller person. but he drivetrain is junk lol. and they really do have a cool look to em

--
    when someone first told me the 09 crf450r was 230lbs I asked him if I could have some of his crack...00ps. So this motor is crap and people are maybe getting in 20hrs or so simply from mx?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by factoryX View Post
    when someone first told me the 09 crf450r was 230lbs I asked him if I could have some of his crack...00ps. So this motor is crap and people are maybe getting in 20hrs or so simply from mx?
    dunno specifics. everywhere i look though, the 09 is a horrible pile.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //