//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: freebie kawi Invader

--
    nice score i see theres no airbox on it make sure you get the jets right so it dont pop on ya.with out the box on it will run lean . I popped 2 pistons on my 440 vader years ago before i figured it out. It was a fun sled i loved it good luck

1984ATC200S is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by firecat View Post
    nice score i see theres no airbox on it make sure you get the jets right so it dont pop on ya.with out the box on it will run lean . I popped 2 pistons on my 440 vader years ago before i figured it out. It was a fun sled i loved it good luck
    I have the air box, but i didnt figure on it running so didnt bother putting it on. shes complete as they get for a 29 year old sled hopefully i dont blow any pistons becasue from my research you cant get 340 pistons any more? dunno if thats true, but the ones in it now from the exhasut side are excelent.
    1984 200s
    1984 big red
    1980 Kawasaki Invader 340 liquid
    1993 GMC sierra, 4.3L automatic
    1990 Chev Scottsdale -parts
    1989 Chev wrangler 4.3L 5 speed- parts
    Chevs are for parts GMC's are for driving

--
    I've been thinking about picking up an old cheap sled, but I've got to much junk in the yard already. 2 trikes, 3-4 lawn mowers, 2 ride-on mowers and a moped.
    Rides:
    1985 250sx
    1982 ATC185s
    1984 200es

Always Hoping For a Maritime Trikefest- http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...s-where-you-at

"Wear Limits Are Just A Suggestion"

--
    lol, i wouldnd even want to start count stuff around here, if you can work on your own stuff you can get pretty good deals on non running sleds, if your like me i dont care what year or make, kawasaki, artic cat. ski doo, and ski roule dont matter long as its got a track and two skis runner.
    1984 200s
    1984 big red

Xfile is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I've got a 340 inavder too. There pretty cool, it will run about 75 mph on a cold day on a hard packed trail. While you have the engine out, there is a supper easy exhaust manifold mod you can do do add bottom end and mid range hit. It only takes about 20 minutes with a dremel tool. You can check out the mod on kawasakitraxx.com or I can tell you how to do it. Also, do not run the sled with no air-box for an extended period, it will melt down without re-jetting..they are jetted to run with the airbox restriction from the factory. I have a pile of 340 invader parts if you need anything. Invaders are not rare at all around here, I see them for sale a lot, usually between $150 and $500 depending on condition. I have 3, 2 of them are parts machines. The one I have pictured is my good one, I paid $75 for it but did have to rebuild the engine. The rarest of the kawasaki sleds is the 1982 Interceptor 550, I think production numbers were around 500 units, so if you run across one of these...snap it up or LTD 4/6's are pretty cool to (factory quad plug heads).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000_2139.jpg   000_2138.jpg  
    Don't worry...just run watcha brung...

--
    That looks sharp with the black windshield, is it painted or an aftermarket one? as for the exhaust mod, could you explain it? i was on kawasakitraxx, but it seem as tho you had to pay? if that the site I'm thinking of. I no of a few Invaders around that I'm planing on buying as soon as the funds are there. the main problem of this one other than needing crank seals is the break rotor splines are wonky. Iv really liked these sleds for a while and lucked into this one, if i ever find a LTD or a Interceptor at i good price, i wouldn't think twice.
    1984 200s
    1984 big red

--
    the windshield is easy, sand down the inside of the windshield (side facing you when your sitting on the sled) with some fine grit sand paper a paint it with flat black spray paint....do not use gloss black, the clear coat in the paint makes it turn out crappy. Exhaust mod: remove the exhaust manifold and look down the two pipes that bolt to the engine, you will see a ridge just inside each tube which causes severe exhaust flow turbulence. Use a dremel or similar tool with a grinding stone to grind away the ridges in both pipes to make a smooth transition for the exhaust flow into the pipes, touch them up with sand paper. Be careful to remove only the amount material needed to get the job done, you don't want to make it too thin there or the manifold could break. I also have ski spreaders on mine installed to move the skis out and back, they are cheap and it really improves the stability of the sled ( adds 3.5" to center to center ski stance).

--
    Ive done the windshield trick to a few sleds, cheap upgrade to the looks, i think I'm gonna have to try to exhaust mod, after i get it running good on the snow, want to be able to feel the difference. actually the Invader is my widest sled, and newest, I don't no if id want to widen the stance just yet either, but i did find a set with a bunch of parts im possably picking up, what year is yours, because the parts im looking at has a hood with a black headlight area, and mine is a dark blue if i remember correctly, mines an 80.
    1984 200s
    1984 big red

--
    Mine is a 1978 (first model year of the invader) :as far as I know, the only difference between the 78 and 80 model is the front control arm and spring tension system of the rear suspension is different, the 80 model has a slightly more free flowing exhaust chamber, and the color scheme. Other than that, all other parts are interchangeable.

--
    Jet dry? Am I missing something?
    The Green No More Red EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1984 KXT 250 Tecate Parts machine
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate My vintage racer
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=80907

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate250 View Post
    Jet dry? Am I missing something?
    haha, inside joke sorta, we use jet dry bottels with pre mix to prime sleds, truck etc, and one day we were trying ti get my cat to go and people tthough i was actually using jet dry.

well it snowed last night, and i had to try it, got the air box on, pulled er out fired rite up and up the road i went spun quite a bite, but reading a solid 50mph, bogs down low, plugs are tan don't like that, and now it wont start, so i think the crank seals are shot, ill try it again when it cools down. first impression, i dont like it, no traction, use to a 71 cat with a 292 single with a full cleated track. ill have to wait till after i do the engine and more snow to get a good ride report.
    1984 200s
    1984 big red

--
    was there an 83 invader?, i got some parts today, and they all have 83 invader writin on them in yellow paint marker. and the hood has the black on it like xfiles? cross bread or what? droped 125$ on pretty much a whole sled just apart. what a rip, compared to what i got mine for.
    1984 200s
    1984 big red

--
    As far as I know, no 1983 kawasaki snowmobiles were released to the public, however...there may have been some assembled for testing that made it out to circulation. It's possible that some interchangeable parts from the 82 model year were marked 83 at the factory but who knows, they could have been marked by someone who just guessed at the model year.

--
    my neighbor has one just like that behind his garage.I tried to talk him out of it a few years ago but he wouldnt get rid of it,mabey i should ask again!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Xfile View Post
    they could have been marked by someone who just guessed at the model year.
    i believe that's what happened and i think the parts are from a 78, my parts seem to have the little tweaks that make them stronger, and mine has a full length heat exchanger, were the parts one is about 2/3 of the length. got new bearings in my boggies now, picking up the right sliders Monday, and ordering a shock, then the chassis will be done and probably do up the engine on Christmas, a gift to me from me haha. also found out there's a comet 102c clutch on it how can free get any better.
    1984 200s
    1984 big red

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //