//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New C-826's Are En Route

--
    Blog Entries
    Think and talk positive thoughts!

WE thought it wouldn't be good this past weekend, but Sunday was fine, in the am.
    I am just thinking we got to take what we can get if we want to ride. The ice may stay or go, and not be able to ride at all, unless we try.

--
    I will be there even to ride in the AM only if that's all we have. My 85 is all set if the 86 isn't back together.

--
    Cool. Tom coming with you again? Pick up 5 gallons of that c12 for me please. Let me know if there's anything you need on my end.
    1985 Eddie Sanders ATC330r
    1986 Monstecate
    1984 ATC70 (awaiting 125cc transplant)
    1984 ATC125M
    1986 GSXR 750 - Keepin' it old school!
    1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 plow machine
    1999 Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000 (lake lizard)
    1996 Arctic Cat Jag 440 L/C (ditch banger)

--
    I already have the gas, so we're all set. Tom is coming too.

--
    Blog Entries
    Was out this morning testing the new gears. My front tire is out of balance, now that I am going so fast. It pulled 6th gear nice, but I couldn't wind it out.
    The ice was good, went to 25 last night.

--
    Blog Entries
    Imma beat my front rim back into roundness!
    And then have it balanced, or try too.
    I don't think it was ever meant to go over 85mph, if I am going that fast, it sure feels like it.
    I am going to gps it.

--
    Blog Entries
    45 feels like 85.... you poor honda guys.. check your front wheel bearings,,, bad ones will give you a shimmy,,, you will never feel it on dirt..... you all set on a place??????

--
    Blog Entries
    Oh, yea, how's the ice up your way?
    I judge speed by the tears in my eyes. I know my eyes start to tear at 50.
    Also, I know for a fact, my 4 wheeler does 40mph, or more correctly 65 kph, since it has a speedo, and my 110 can pass that, and I can pass the 110 with my old gears like it was standing still.
    The GPS will tell.

Forecast here for Sunday is not looking good, talking about a whole lotta rain, and warm. This could possibly be the last weekend here if conditions mess it up.

--
    Blog Entries
    Bearings are fine, it is the slime in the tire. I just need a new tire and rim.

--
    Blog Entries
    Oh my!

Ok, repeat after me, and sing along.....slime is gooood.....slime is goooood.
    haha

Actually if it wasn't for Chris lending me some slime last year, I wouldn't have been riding. It's my fault for not replacing at least the tire. I opened up the tire, and took out like 7 oz of slime. That wasn't fun, opening up the tire. I was laughing at myself the entire time, as I was wiping up slime, and getting it all over everything, thinking to myself....what a dope. I swear, if you judged me by all my stupid experiences, you would think I have no clue wtf I am doing, lol. So funny. The whole time looking at the neon green, bio hazard looking slime, I kept thinking to myself, this goes really good with a T3.
    Breaking the bead was such a joyfullest experience. I wound up using a hydrolic jack, and the back bumper of my truck, and a few pieces of wood. Hopefully I left just the right amount of slilme to keep the holes sealed, and not be out of balance.

I will test the thing tomorrow, I am too scared to go out tonight by myself. It has to be better.

You should have seen the guy trying to balance my tire with the slime in it. He was like "is their slime in this thing?" I was like "yea", "slime doesn't harden?" He was like "no", hence the name slime I guess.
    Everytime he spun it, it came up with a different number. I also had to go to 4 garages before I found one with t tire machine that would hold that rim.

--
    DOH! I put some in my rear tires but didn't notice any terribly vibrations when I was out that day. Hopefully it doesn't rattle my teeth loose on my fast bike. If it does I guess I'll be doing the same thing as you.

John
    1986 Monstecate
    1984 ATC125M

--
    Blog Entries
    My front tire is 23.5" so the loose slime accumulates in a puddle, and then spins in the outer most part of the tire, which gives you the worst vibration due to leverage, and centrifugal force. The 18" tires, would be less susceptible to it, because the weight isn't as far out. Plus they are on the rear, and the axle can hide more of the vibration than the front.
    At least that's how I am figuring it.

You should have felt how bad it was, I thought the bike was going to start breaking off pieces. My front fender was flapping up and down like 3 inches. I stopped right away.

Did you put a full bottle in there?

--
    Between the two rear tires it took a whole bottle IIRC. It called for 11oz in each tire according to their calculator so that's what I put in it and that killed the whole bottle.
    1986 Monstecate
    1984 ATC125M

--
    Blog Entries
    Why did you slime them? Are they the old tires or the new ones?
    I followed the directions on the bottle, and don't remember the size of the bottle Chris gave me, but I put the whole thing in there according tot he directions. I am not sure how much I took out, but it was at least 10oz of liquid, which probably weighs more than 10oz. Wait I got a picture.....that was just the start of what I took out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00234.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	243.9 KB 
ID:	87819  

--
    Blog Entries
    Well it's better, but still not good enough to go wide open. I probably didn't get enough out.
    On a better note, the ice was unbelievable this morning. I looped my bike, that's a first, didn't think it could be done with the amount of bite I have, but the ice was crazy hard. Looping at that speed was a new experience for me, lol.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //