//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Summit Indoors MX January 15-17.Update! Videos and media now rolling in.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Holy crap, that was a edge of the seat moto video for sure, wow! Great action.

--
    That was definitely an awesome race.. Does anyone have any pictures or specs on Carl's Tecate? Way to go Team Green!
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    I'm pretty sure Carl's bike has a wider axle than stock, but thats about all. He's looks pretty comfy on It & corners VERY well.

83 ATC 60-R Cr60 converted with Zinger parts.
    83 ATC 70.
    83 Tri zinger
    ATC 85-R Cr85 engine on shortened 86-R frame.
    ATC450AF
    86 310-R Drag racer
    440 snowmobile powered custom built.
    87 Cr 500 Converted to Drag racer

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I'm ignorant so I'm going to ask, is this the same Tecate that BlackSheep was complaining didn't know how to ride and ran him off a corner a few months ago, or is this a different one? Heres the post I'm refering to: http://www.3wheeler.org//vb/showpost...56&postcount=1

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep
    This was the result of a first turn incident in the first moto in which another rider lost control of his tecate and ran into me. Doh I've always said those things handle like crap Duck
    Last edited by Billy Golightly; 01-17-2010 at 05:51 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    I'm ignorant so I'm going to ask, is this the same Tecate that BlackSheep was complaining didn't know how to ride and ran him off a corner a few months ago, or is this a different one?
    Oh, SNAP!
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hall View Post
    I'm pretty sure Carl's bike has a wider axle than stock, but thats about all. He's looks pretty comfy on It & corners VERY well.
    Yes, stock vintage trike. I believe he did go a little wider. What you see is 100% Carl out there. He is a truly amazing skilled rider of which I have only seen a few. He has truly owned the indoors since he came out and kicked our top tier racer's butts on a 200X his first time around. He has also greatly polished up and smoothed out his technique since that time, and at his age, I think he'll be a major force for a long time. I also have to give kudos to Eric Jensen riding an unfamiliar trike, and very rusty at riding in general. Already seriously fast, but a little more seat time and polish on the rusty technique for him and he will only get faster.

I think the large crowd, and the adrenalin rush may have addicted a couple of Jersey guys into the OTC race group as we extend our welcome to Leviblue, and Sidewayz making their OTC debut along with Jensen as a new racer pinch hitting for Blackheep. We hope to see more of you in the future.

--
    Very exciting race. Man, Carl is working that Tecate hard.... Suspension is the first gen Tecates biggest downfall .Great cornering machines, but rough unless you hit you spots landing. Congrats Carl!!!!

--
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dcreel View Post
    Oh, SNAP!
    I just finished reading the thread at .org, It appears it was the same guy. http://www.3wheeler.org//vb/showthread.php?t=37565

Mega props to all the riders involved in the action I seen on the video. Some very close action and it really was just a game of who was going to make an error about the entire time.

--
    i was very glad to meet everyone. Leviblue and Sidewayz were a hoot. and yes, Leviblue, sometime i do like chocolate with my Poison.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chocolate-milk-thumb-520x517-609.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	87512  

--
    Congrats guys on a great race !!! It was very exciting for sure.

--
    Carl's bike is also stretched a few inches. I think the frame is an inch or two longer than stock as well as the swinger is an inch or two over stock length. I do believe the motor and suspension is stock though. Carl is a super fast dude. I'll never forget my first race on my 450 was last year at Summit - Carl showed up on a 200X and whooped me! The guy is an amazing rider and is in excellent physical shape.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Yah your right timmy! he is in great shape.

Your also right about his tec, its stretched and widened.
    That race gave me some ambition, ambition that took 5+ hours at the shop to get rid of. My R is almost now ready to get together!

Id also like to point out, I was not at the race carl cleaned house on a 200x haha timmy!

jensen,

Props to you man, never really got a chance to talk to ya. You seem like a cool dude and a great rider. You got skillz, like you said looked like you were riding a quad out there. Itll come in time! I have no doubt. If I can make a suggestion, looked like that suspension was WAY to hard for you brotha. WAY to hard.
    See ya in feb!
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintore View Post
    jensen,

Props to you man, never really got a chance to talk to ya. You seem like a cool dude and a great rider. You got skillz, like you said looked like you were riding a quad out there. Itll come in time! I have no doubt. If I can make a suggestion, looked like that suspension was WAY to hard for you brotha. WAY to hard.
    See ya in feb!
    that will be taken care of the next race. we will have the other shock and swing arm on there.

--
    February at Summit is shaping up to be exciting! I'm like super stoked! I've got to start working out or something! haha! I can't wait, so excited! Props to everyone out there!!! I just keep wishing I could have been there!!! So exciting!
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    Looks like an awesome time. The video was great and the quality was fine too.
    1985 Eddie Sanders ATC330r
    1986 Monstecate
    1984 ATC70 (awaiting 125cc transplant)
    1984 ATC125M
    1986 GSXR 750 - Keepin' it old school!
    1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 plow machine
    1999 Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000 (lake lizard)
    1996 Arctic Cat Jag 440 L/C (ditch banger)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //