//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TUSK heel guards mounted on a 350X and gussets too!!

--

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by NESC104 View Post
    Holy Crap, Steve!!!! Those mounts look factory, absolutely perfect. Any further ideas on the master cyclinder mount? I haven't had time to go to any dealerships and compare units. Maybe I can make it to Razee's today and see what they have for quads.

Those heel guards were ordered for a 450R. HRE Atv did make the pegs for me... They are so beefy. I'm still not sure on the powder color for the frame. Im thinking something like this orange.......I'm not sure where I found the pic...... What do you think???

Thanks Steve, I'll be in touch.
    Josh

Hi Josh, I'm glad you like them!! Now you know why I chopped that stock crap off......

Recently, there was a post that the masters could be rebuilt and I didn't look into it any further. I wanted to get at least the 2nd stage of this done for you. We can talk about it though.....

I do have a 450R master, not sure if I have a spare pedal though..... I am gonna build myself another X so maybe I should start looking for .99c pedals, pegs, cheap electrics etc etc. I have everything else besides plastics and odds and ends.

GOAT - I did reinforce under the seat too, I'll post pics later on sometime.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

posty2100 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    meow that looks good

--
    thanks stevo

Comparing the machine welds to yours...I think you've got them beat. Good god man those are some pretty beads.
    Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=78535

Patiently waiting..

--
    Man those sure look good. DC you should fab up a few similar sets that will bolt up to say 85/86 250r let me buy the first one and sell a few.
    1986 ATC 250r
    1985 ATC 250r
    1985 X2 ATC 70's
    1985 XL 80

If you have bought or sold with me please leave feedback.

--
    Here's the thing, I'm willing to fabricate and weld anything you guys want. It's just a bad time for people to spend the $$.

Adapting these to a 250R would be chicken!

The only frames I have to work with are the 250SX and 86/87 200X and of course the 350X. I'm sure the 250R would be easy. I couldn't do it without the lathe.mill and mig welder and if things were better, you better believe I'd have a TIG here ready to fix the 250R cases any any other aluminum welding.

I truly hope to get there someday................

And honestly, I HATE some of my welds. If I get the machine set right, with good lighting, I can lay down an awesome bead to be proud of. If you have to grind your weld down, you need more practice!!

I'm here for any of your needs guys, I need the cash and stand by my work 100%
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Nice work Steve. But then again. I'm surely not suprised. You do, do it all...

--
    That came out really nice Steve. Looks tough as nails like every other project that you do
    My rides, 1985 ATC 350X, With legit Lamborghini Countach paint,2003 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider,customised the way I like it! 1997 GMC Sierra is gone, primary mode of transportation, 2008 Toyota Yaris!

Check out my build thread of my 350X
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?95389-Tank-s-1985-350X-build-is-FINALLY-all-done!-)
    Screw giving away the Harley, It's payed for!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Here's the thing, I'm willing to fabricate and weld anything you guys want. It's just a bad time for people to spend the $$.

Adapting these to a 250R would be chicken!

The only frames I have to work with are the 250SX and 86/87 200X and of course the 350X. I'm sure the 250R would be easy. I couldn't do it without the lathe.mill and mig welder and if things were better, you better believe I'd have a TIG here ready to fix the 250R cases any any other aluminum welding.

I truly hope to get there someday................

And honestly, I HATE some of my welds. If I get the machine set right, with good lighting, I can lay down an awesome bead to be proud of. If you have to grind your weld down, you need more practice!!

I'm here for any of your needs guys, I need the cash and stand by my work 100%
    How much would you charge to fabricate a set of heel guards for my dad's 350X? He's been dying to get some and those one you made look too good. I looked and the pictures first and thought either Tusk was making some for Xs or that something bolted right on perfectly... Excellent work.

'85 ATC350X - '05 TRX400EX

--
    that looks dang good, some acorn nuts on the peg bolts would look sharp too
    85 350X, 85 250R, 99 TRX 90, 05 Predator 90, 05 TRX 400ex, 2019 RZR4 XP100
    FEEDBACK for Vegas250rr

--
    Nice nut!! The bolts on there are just temporary. I have to order SS M8 x 70mm bolts for them.

It takes about 2 or 3 hours to complete them, faster next time. I can do them for anyone, but stock pegs or a different frame may eat up a bit more time.

I think everyone is afraid of the shipping cost.....

Thanks guys

--
    So, a rough estimate would be...

I might seriously consider here in a few weeks if it's nothing outrageous. The guards are like $80 on RMATV.

--
    I think he paid less than that for them.....

75-100$ give or take. I'd have to look at stock pegs ahead of time to see what I'd do with them. There's PLENTY of mounting meat on the HRE pegs.

--
    Well, I don't care for stock pegs that much, anyways. When the money's right I'll talk seriously with you.

--
    Just for reference:

I bought the heel guards on Ebay (from MACH III Motorsports) $66.95 + shipping and the HRE Footpegs were in the $175.00 dollar ball park with powder. I have yet to ride on these pegs, they are a solid mount and do not fold up like stock style. They are twice as wide as stock and have the kick up end. I will probably purchase another set of these pegs for my other 350X.

Thanks again Steve - the frame does look sharp.....
    When I come up there we are going to have to crush some beer by the way. I got over the vertigo!!!

Josh

--
    ^ Glad to hear Josh

We'll have to talk about the master cylinder stuff too, if they can be rebuilt, I'm pretty happy with how they work in terms of stock fitment and performance....

I'm gonna order your 70MM SS bolts in the next day or so, I have a 200X brake pivot repair in mind so I'd like to order some stock for that if I get the interest in time. I have the other shorter bolts for you, do you need me to get the 8MM nuts and washers? Let me know and I'll get a couple boxes of 100 just to have them. I can't get those acorn nuts with this order but they are very sharp!

Honestly, the best thing to do if other guys want this done, would be to ask HRE to modify and thread his footpeg spacer tubes to accept a 8MM x 1.25 bolt. Then you'd have a super slick look to them with just a bolt in the back!

Don't be afraid to talk to HRE, I'm sure he can do anything you guys want done and depending on the design, he may or may not be able to get his costs down a bit lower.

I can see the workmanship of these pegs and they are wort every dime! Some of you may want a folding and or less aggressive peg which you could discuss with him.

I'd bu the guards and mod them and offer the plates as a package but most people shouldn't be welding things themselves (no off3nse intended)

Someday I plan on having a TIG and making even better welding beads , not to mention that I'm looking froward to repairing all the 250R left cases now that they're discontinued. But, a 3000$ welder is a serious commitment for me right now without the orders rolling in.............

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //