//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 85R 3 years and still going

--
    Glad to see your still around. Your project is looking great!
    My Rides:
    1985 ATC 250r
    1985 ATC 250r - Want to trade for TRX250r
    1989 Suzuki LT-160

--
    That gold hardware is where its at, looks awesome! I am not doing another resto without it, after seeing your build. Cant wait to see it completed.

Joker 90
    1970 Honda US90- aquarius blue
    1981 Yamaha YT125
    1986 Yamaha Big Wheel 80
    1986 Kawasaki Tecate KXT500
    1987 Kawasaki KXT250B2
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450

--

Brake disc

Got to try something new today. I went to the machine shop and reground the front disc and it came out nice.
    1st I glass beaded it then primed and painted the center on both sides.
    2nd surface ground both sides on a flywheel grinder
    3rd chamfered the cooling holes and then went back and touched up the center with paint.
    I measured the disc when I was done and still had plenty of material left on it.
    All and all I'm very happy with the end result!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails brake disc 1.jpg   brake disc 3.jpg   ebay 003.jpg   ebay 004.jpg  

--
    looks beautifull, and how bout that quad??
    TRIKES

1987 200x -First Trike-
    82 185s-SOLD!
    82 250r-SOLD!
    85 250es -the lil red hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Midnite_rider View Post
    I like the outlook..... It ran fine before it broke!!!! it was flying before it exploded!!!! it was like new until I tore it up!!!!! LOL She was a virgin until last night??????

--
    So you have some Mugen forks for it too eh?
    ADMIRIN' BOOBS AND BLASTIN' NEWBS

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Man glad you PM'ed me with the link on this because I had totally missed it! The cadium plated hardware is awesome looking, wow! I use to have coffee cans full of OEM hardware and its just gotten used up and dumped over/lost over the years. I'll have to be more conscious of that in the future and remember that you can re-plate them up and make them that nice. The brake disc is awesome, its kind of funny you posted this because I had a front disc that was really glazed over (and like oil impregnated from bad fork seals leaking down to it and then into the pads), the darn thing couldn't hardly make the 250R stop. I went the little bit (ok, a lot haha) more ghetto method and used a bench grinder, but I just roughed it back up a bit and man it sure did make a difference in how well it stopped!

--
    Three wheelin 45 that one of dustins practices quads I am finishing up. Ill send you a pic of the 2009 championship quad hanging from the celling of my shop.Ninja I don't think they are Mugen forks the rear shock was painted the same gold and had a works sticker on it. The have been mod with rebound adjusters.I have never seen mugen forks do you know what to look for or # markings?

--

Buffing & a little lathe work today

Today i set aside some time to work on getting most of the buffing done before I send the parts out to anodize.I still have the lower fork legs to do this week and hopefully we be able to drop everything off buy the end of the week.
    I had some time left so I got the front brake line guide made . I wanted to do it in black to keep with the colors of the build.I will also be making the front seat latch bushing the same way.
    Thanks for looking and keep you up to date. Glenn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3w build grommet.jpg   3w build 003.jpg   3w build 002.jpg   3w build 001.jpg  

--
    Any up dates ?

--
    Busy in the shop ,haven't touched it lately. Soon I hope!

edog is offline I'm like an Original Gangsta...but a post whore instead. The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Looking great!!!!!!

--
    tom here from ireland nice f.....g bike man you are sick with your work send me them part prices nice bike lad
    Last edited by tontom; 02-05-2011 at 07:19 PM.

--

Rear shock bottle bracket

Got a little time in the shop to work on it again. This time I had to go back wards a little I over looked that the rear shock bottle mount was broken and had to drill it out and use a billet replacement. All went well I was worried about the drill holes and how I was going to touch up the powder coat but my wife saved me one this one we found nail polish that was a near perfect match!
    I found a very nice replacement bracket on ebay from SRS suspensions that I would highly recommend. In the end I was happy the way it turned out. I ended up setting the pipe on and checking clearances and the fit is perfect as always with Duncan products.
    Next will be getting the anodize back and the next post hopefully you will see the front and rear end on. Thanks for checking it out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails r build 001.jpg   r build 002.jpg   r build 006.jpg   r build 005.jpg  

--
    Top Notch Work, What type of riding you plan to do ?

--
    That is sick!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //