//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1986 Honda TRX200SX quad, no spark

--

1986 Honda TRX200SX quad, no spark

I have this four wheeler and it has no spark.

It has no battery. I'm fine with using just the pull start and no lights or anything electrical (that isn't mandatory for spark/running the engine)

Bought a new coil. Also got a spare black CDI box, neither got the bike to have spark. Also tried new plug.

I took the rectifier out to replace with the spare parts I bought from a 1988 model....turns out the previous owner used wiring and the rectifier from a Honda TRX300 quad.

Any ideas? Or would I be best to buy a completely new wiring harness and go from there?

Edit: Pics of my wiring....

Last edited by TheRealFatShady; 01-13-2010 at 07:32 PM.

--
    You need a repair manual and a meter so you can diagnose the problem with facts instead of just replacing the parts. Spend some money on a manual and a cheap meter from Sears and you will be able to figure out exactly whats wrong, right now your just shooting in the dark.
    I had the RIGHT to remain silent, I didn't have the ability!

--
    Alright, I did have a meter, only it is for household applications. I need one that is for smaller electrical components, and has a resistance meter.

There's lots on eBay, I'm not sure which would be a sufficient one to use. Never bought one, only used a household one twice...

--

--
    Thanks for the link, those look useful.

I posted some pictures, also.

--
    As long as your meter has a setting for checking ohms you should be good to go. ohms symbols looks kinda like a upside down horseshoe.
    I had the RIGHT to remain silent, I didn't have the ability!

--

Arrow

[QUOTE=TheRealFatShady;823701]I have this four wheeler and it has no spark.

It has no battery. I'm fine with using just the pull start and no lights or anything electrical (that isn't mandatory for spark/running the engine)

Bought a new coil. Also got a spare black CDI box, neither got the bike to have spark. Also tried new plug.

I took the rectifier out to replace with the spare parts I bought from a 1988 model....turns out the previous owner used wiring and the rectifier from a Honda TRX300 quad.

Any ideas? Or would I be best to buy a completely new wiring harness and go from there?

Man I know this is probably a long shot 12 years later but a buddy of mine just gave me a 86 200sx and I was wondering if you still have one of those vid’s laying around. I’d for sure buy it from you shipping and all.
    Thanks in advance anyway it goes sir.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //