//ArrowChat Code
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, welcome!

--
    why cant i post in the forums???im new btw

--
    Hey what's up guys, name is Bill. I am a new member from oregon and really enjoy all the information on the site. I have an 86 250R that I'm building at the moment. It's turning out pretty good. Look forward to sharing pictures with you guys.

--
    tj pavao is here from goderich ont
    (ARE'NT THOSE THINGS ILLEGAL!!)
    Best Question Ever

--
    Hey there fellow wheelers, I am new to this site, but not new to owning a trike. I used to have an 85 atc110, sadly enough it was stolen by some local hoopeejoobs, never to be seen again. Now 10 years later I have acquired an atc200s and buckets of parts. Im not really sure what year it is or how to find out though. In all reality Im going to need all the help I can get here with this thing. Im not a bike mechanic, im a hotrod/truck mechanic, and fabricator /welder. The mowwwwrons who had this bike first decided to cut the rear fenders to about the third of the width they were, ripped off the tool box lid, duct tape and spraypaint the tank, rip off the light, and put bicycle handlebars on it, sooo sad. For this trike it must be like saving it from trike auschwitz. I have spent the past month going through buckets of parts I have gotten from various donors and people on craigslist, and have managed to find a good light and bracket, The right handlebars throttle unit and brake levers and dash cover., luckily enough all the brake components do work. All I had to do was replace the levers on the drums themselves. I have stripped and cleaned the tank, got a new carb, fuel hose, I pulled the pre filter out of the tank and added an inline filter.

What I need help with is the motor, I do not know jack about these cycle motors, I understand the concept between 2 cycle and 4 but I have honestly never taken one apart,, and where the heck would I go about finding out what year this thing is? HEEEEEEEEEELP

--

found it

Quote Originally Posted by VaTrikeGuy View Post
    Hey there fellow wheelers, I am new to this site, but not new to owning a trike. I used to have an 85 atc110, sadly enough it was stolen by some local hoopeejoobs, never to be seen again. Now 10 years later I have acquired an atc200s and buckets of parts. Im not really sure what year it is or how to find out though. In all reality Im going to need all the help I can get here with this thing. Im not a bike mechanic, im a hotrod/truck mechanic, and fabricator /welder. The mowwwwrons who had this bike first decided to cut the rear fenders to about the third of the width they were, ripped off the tool box lid, duct tape and spraypaint the tank, rip off the light, and put bicycle handlebars on it, sooo sad. For this trike it must be like saving it from trike auschwitz. I have spent the past month going through buckets of parts I have gotten from various donors and people on craigslist, and have managed to find a good light and bracket, The right handlebars throttle unit and brake levers and dash cover., luckily enough all the brake components do work. All I had to do was replace the levers on the drums themselves. I have stripped and cleaned the tank, got a new carb, fuel hose, I pulled the pre filter out of the tank and added an inline filter.

What I need help with is the motor, I do not know jack about these cycle motors, I understand the concept between 2 cycle and 4 but I have honestly never taken one apart,, and where the heck would I go about finding out what year this thing is? HEEEEEEEEEELP
    ok so like a dummy I was not paying attention when I entered this bad ass site, and poof ...there was the decode your vin! So now that I know,, I have a 1984 200s and a 1985 200s

--
    Hey now, Scott here. First time poster, long time lurker. I'm a atc 70 weirdo. First one was purchased new in 74', long gone(sigh). Had lots of different wheelers over the years. Currently have 83' blue christmas special, 73', 83', 84', 85'X2 atc 70's. Love riding and working on them! Great site. Surprised I haven't seen this site before now?
    Found this site due to a brother forwarding the coeshow post. Enjoyed the heck out of reading the entire thread.
    Peace out.
    Last edited by ol brown shoe; 07-04-2012 at 10:56 AM. Reason: spelling

--
    Hey Guys,

Just signed up tonight. Figured since I'll be picking up a 225DR tomorrow or a Tecate later this week I better get logged instead
    of just lurking.

--
    Hey, just signed up to the site. Was hoping someone could help me out. I just got what I believe is a Kawasaki KLT 250. I've noticed on the 82'-83' they have front shocks but mine do not have front shocks but the trim is the same. I'm thinking my 3 wheeler is even older then a 1982. Anybody have any thoughts? Thanks!

--
    Hey guys, big 73-87 chev truck fan looking at getting more into trikes, always wanted one but there's not many around where I come. Look to aquire a clean 250r sometime soon

--
    New to this forum and have several trikes. 2 84 Tri moto 175's, a 83 Big Red 200 and 84 YTM 200. Looking to fix them up as they are running, but not really well. Anyone know how to change the throttle to a twist style for the 175's, please let me know. Would sure appreciate it. Any other tid bits, would be great.

--

Newbe to 3WW Need info

Just traded for a 1985 Honda ATC250ES. First trike I have owned. Looks a little a rough, run good. Looking for service/parts manual.
    I think I posted a picture of trike. Any help would be great,
    Thanks

J

--

--
    Hello to all, especially the guys who were there and done that back in the 80's on the tracks!! I was fortunate to raced back then and even still own several ATC Honda's, and in stock and modified form. I was lucky to have raced up and down the eastcoast.

Back then, I met Marty Hart, Steve Wright, Jimmy White, pitted with Rodney Gentry as a privateer, and even had my picture taken with my favorite Honda rider and wiseguy, Curtis Sparks. I still own two ATC 70s and even my old race bike, a 1984 Honda CR60 which my dad and I converted into three wheeler for the modified 60cc class (Damn thing was faster than my Dad's 86 200X, no kidding)

Great site, and I enjoy reading the post from the racers such as Mike Coe, and others who raced back in the day. THAT was an awesome time to be a young kid!!

JumpinJR

--

New member!!

Hello, my name is Carlos. I'm from Portugal. I am a ATC 70 owner, I find her when I'm working in England on a dump site. Now I just moved to Portugal again and bring my Atc with me. I'm on this forum to know more about this bikes and to get some ideas to restore my ATC. Forward i will show some pictures from my bike, because she have a motor with kickstart, and 3 only shifts, I want to known about this motor.

Sorry about my writing.

--
    hey guys im new to this site i dont know where or how to ask questions on this site so ill ask here. im building an 85 tri-z i have almost everything to complete it but i need forks and front wheel ect, i have the triples i was wondering if anyone one on this site had front ends for sale or if someone could point me in the right direction i know there hard to come by there is one set on ebay. my dad bought this z in 1990 and sold it in 95 i got it back in 08 and the guy wouldnt give me the forks or front wheel or gas tank and some other misc parts it was really b.s. i have loved these bikes my whole life and hate seeing them go out! if anyone could help point me in the right direction to save this trike i would much apprieciate it thanx guys.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //