//ArrowChat Code
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, welcome!

--
    I recently stumbled across a cherry '84 200X. I had one new in 1984 so it's fun to have one again but at 63-years-old it beats me so bad I am sore for a week.

Great site - I am glad that the next generation has a love for old-school trikes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0629.JPG 
Views:	251 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	239809

--

New members, welcome!

Was to young to own a trike when they made. But I recently got a couple 250r pretty excited for summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Hey there. New Guy. My names Scott. Working on an 84 Tri-Zinger for my buddy and needing to learn some stuff.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Been reading this site for years and finally signed up. Lots of wonderful information!
    I have a 1985 Honda 350X that I owned since 88 or 89. I was a teenager then and it was ridden like teenager would. It's seen better days but I never could let her go so it still sits in the garage today. Finally started taking it apart but got a long ways to go. Wish me luck!

--
    hello all, my name is kody and ive been on 3 wheels since I was 10, I started out on my uncles honda 90 cc , I believe it was a 1971. put lots of miles on that thing. put a bicycle speedometer on it and calibrated it for that particular size tire. I would be out for hours on end, riding the gravel roads four to six hours at a time. I made a trailer for behind it out of an old bicycle trailer, you know, the ones that haul 2 kids at a time. I tore the tarping off of it, and turned it into a flatbed trailer, I even went so far as to jerry rig a suspension system on it from springs for drum brakes, (it was quite the job but I got it done). it wasn't pretty but it was the smoothest trailer ive ever pulled. i got off of three wheels and onto two come college, i still have my motorcycle but i have acquired a 1981 honda 185s that's in pretty decent shape. bought it for 500 dollars and replaced the piston rings and chain and sprockets. she pulls the ice shack in the winter, and garden cart in the summer as i like to go to the neighbor houses and give away sweet corn and whatnot from the garden. that's my story and i look forward to being able to be part of a community where the passion for three wheels is shared by all.

--
    Hello, name is Mike. Picked up a couple 350x's recently after a long time since owning a 185s. Looking forward to being able to post.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

--
    Hi my name is Rob, and I am guilty of owning a 200x. Somewhere there was a guy who had a super rebuild recipe for a 200x motor. Actually 2, one for pumped gas and one for race fuel. Any help for a new member?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by doscientosX View Post
    Hi my name is Rob, and I am guilty of owning a 200x. Somewhere there was a guy who had a super rebuild recipe for a 200x motor. Actually 2, one for pumped gas and one for race fuel. Any help for a new member?
    Do a Google for " Powroll 200X"

--
    Back again to the forum. Its been a while, been too busy to work on my trike. Getting back to it. At some point I'll be looking for some parts for it.

--
    Hello I recently bought a 1984 Yamaha YTM 225 DXL ( not running) and thought it couldnt be too bad. Replaced the carb brand new. Brand new spark plug and battery. Gettting good spark and gas to the carb. But not to the spark plug?? Had a buddy come over and we determined that the timing was off so I pulled the crank case off and found on the back of the stator there were 2 bolts broke and the woodruff key key had a small chunk missing from it. So I replaced everything that went back into putting back together. Also set the timing right!! Still nothing, it's got an electric start as well that I've been using rather then pull starting it.. sprayed gas in every hole that I could think of to get it to give me a burp also pluses starting fluid!! Still nothing. Just pulled the head of thinking it may be a bad setting with the valves. But took it to a buddy's shop and his mechanically inclined father told me that it may not be my valves. Because we turned the head up side down and put some fluid in there to see if it would drain out and it didn't!!! So now I'm waiting on the parts to put the head back on (gasket) and possibly taking the head down to get professionally cleaned and made sure it's seating tightly!!! Any other ideas as to what it may have wrong with it??

--
    Hi, was a member of the old boards way back when. Was wondering why when i registered again i couldnt see the classifieds. So i have a 85 250r i bought in boxes with a broken side case. Just acquired a full motor for that. Its going to be a slow expensive rebuild. Awesome site lots of good info thanks for keeping it going all these years!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

--
    I was also looking at buying a 200x but im worried about the lack of parts available for the kickstarter. Have new parts been found or do u have to buy used still?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

--
    Hi guys, new poster long time reader. Can't wait to get building on my first ATC 70 project.

--
    Hello, I'm new here and also new to forums, post said feel free to start new thread, I couldn't find new thread link only, reply to thread, so, i hope I'm doing the right thing. LOL
    Anyway, just bought my 1st trike, bought 2 actually, one is a Yellow 1983 YTM 225 DX? I believe, it has a twist grip, so, I'm guessing it's an 83, the other is a Blue 1984, YTM 225DX.
    The reason I put a question mark, well I guess that is for a different thread. Oh, the 84 ran when I bought it, first time out on the Tri-Moto was a blast, i'm hooked!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Knobby View Post
    Hello, I'm new here and also new to forums, post said feel free to start new thread, I couldn't find new thread link only, reply to thread, so, i hope I'm doing the right thing. LOL
    Anyway, just bought my 1st trike, bought 2 actually, one is a Yellow 1983 YTM 225 DX? I believe, it has a twist grip, so, I'm guessing it's an 83, the other is a Blue 1984, YTM 225DX.
    The reason I put a question mark, well I guess that is for a different thread. Oh, the 84 ran when I bought it, first time out on the Tri-Moto was a blast, i'm hooked!
    Welcome Tommy, go to the section you'd like to post in, the upper left corner is a black box titled 'post new thread'.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //