//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, welcome!

--

--
    Hi, hows it going everyone, my names Justin. I just bought a 1984 Tecate 250 for $500. Pretty nice machine for the money. Im just starting to go through it so i figure this would be the best place to get some info. I own a 300ex but a bunch of guys I know get a few trike rides together every year in Wisconsin so i kind of got interested in them again. My first trike was a Honda atc 70 and also owned a 225 dx but those are long gone.
    Last edited by jpagel; 04-16-2010 at 11:38 AM.

--

New in Florida...

My name is Robert and I live in central Fl. I grew up ridding 3 wheelers, had a coupe 110s and now I just bought a 200s for $200.00. All it needed was a new carb and I am in business. I ride with a group of guys and we usualy end up at Holopaw which has alot of trails and mud... The only problem is I have the only 3 wheeler and everyone else has quads. ( And I spend most of my time pulling them out of the mud..lol) I would like to meet some people to ride with us. As long as you like mud you will be fine... lol

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Welcome fellow Floridian!

--

New member with junk trike little help?

So im always lookin for a new project and i bought a "red honda 3 wheeler that runs" for $100 sight unseen long stroy short i get the trike home figure its an 80'-83, 185s based on engine number its fairly clean but "runs" is the operative word this thing idles ok but when you gas it it blows compression back through the carb and has no power. This thing wont run for ! i started with the basics rebuilt the carb new plug checked timing, valves, all looked good had 175psi compression but still runs the same and is blowing compression out the crankcase. so i figure it needs a top end tear it down this thing is clean inside! timing chain etc is good and correct piston is stock bore looks good rings look good can still see hone marks on cylinder. hmm. there is some play with piston in the bore. did someone just re ring this thing and its blowin by cause it needs a bore n piston or what im tempted to throw it together and just sell it but i want it to run and ride so im up for advice from any of you guys maybe some one can shed some light on this beast!

--
    I'm also a new memember as of yesterday.

This is a great site many of you have helped me out a few times the last few weeks.

My new projects are 2 200x's with many parts. I scored these last month for the low low price of $450 for everything!!!
    Yes it was a great day for me.

What I have owned over the past 20 years: (anything worth mentioning)

83 110 sold
    84 KDX sold
    84 200x sold
    69 Chevelle @ 17 sold
    2 Mojava's beaters sold
    2 FL350 odyessy's sold
    TTR 90 sold
    86 Quadzilla sold

Currently own:
    03 grizzly 660
    84 200x
    85 200x

--
    im fairly new to the site but have always owned sleds,bikes, whlrs or something with an engin i have a 83 200x & 85 250r & a 70? rupp trucker 2minibikes 2-4whlrs & 6 sleds some run some dont lol i like this site but im havin a hard time posting in the wtb section?
    " think I won't "

--
    Hey hey. Why didn't I run across this a long time ago? I got my 85 250R when I was 14 and have never owned any other bike in the past 12 years. I crash dirt bikes everytime I get on one, and quads are too much like driving a car or something. I love my trike.

--
    Hello, i just joined trying to find some info on a YTM200k engine and carb. I bought an 04 raptor 350 as a project and it had this on it. how much is the engine & carb worth? It does run good. Please help. I'm looking for an engine to fit the quad.

--
    Hello everyone' New member here! I picked up a 85 350x a few weeks back and have decided to tear it down and rebuild..Long story short it is in pieces in the garage right now and waiting on parts, I am replacing the forks, bars, rear shock, rear caliper & master cylinder, bearings all the way around and beefing up the frame, it has the normal brake below rear motor mount. This is not my first Trike but with the way my luck goes I am sure I will need some advise getting this back in shape. Look forward to hearing from some other 3 wheel riders. Here is a short clip of my cousin riding it before I started tearing it down.

--

--
    Hello! I'm from Hinton Alberta Canada. Been checking this site out for a few years just never joined. I was a kid when three wheelers were banned but was always fascinated by them. Now my goal is to try and ride as many different trikes as I can and take each and everyone on a few adventures. We live in awesome atv country with thousands of trails. I owned an atv business for quite a few years so I know a thing or two about wrenching. I will help anyone with mechanical questions when ever I can.

--
    P.S- I put some pictures up under "Three wheel'n Adventures" check them out if you want.

--
    im a new member i dont have too much to offer but i will do my best in any way i can. the reason i joined is to get some advice on a old 3 wheeler i have been rebuilding for the past 3 months or longer. its a 1984 Big Red 200es. i see that i am not the only still trying to keep them alive. im a carpenter by trade and i have never claimed to be nuts and bolt guy. but there is no way i can afford these new bikes. and this one my family has alot of attachment to. we are the first and only owners on it. and i cant have some one charging me tons to fix it. so all i need is some serious help.

--
    Hello, new from Montana. Just wanted to say Hi.
    83' 200x (son's). 85' 200 auto-x & 85' 125m (daughters). 84' Tecate(?). 85' KXT Tecate (mine!, mine!, mine!.)+ some others but don't feel like typing them in.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //