//ArrowChat Code
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, welcome!

--
    Hey all! Newbie here, and I am looking to learn all I can about my tri. Also, I am looking to invest in another one. If anybody has any suggestions as to which one I should look into purchasing, suggest away!

--

Big Wheel

My name is Jeff, from Peck Ks via Rockport In and headed to Fordsville Ky, where I have 152 acres of woods, hills and creeks to tear up. When I joined all we had was my sons 84 225dx that he bought awhile back but doesn't run yet. But yesterday I picked up a running 85 350x and an 85 250es big red for $1200. In my 43 years I've had 2 250r's, 2 350x's and 1 bad Big Wheel (until the seat and front wheel cracked from to much air time).
    I've browsed this site from time to time just to reminesse but because of the acreage, I thought it was time to buy some toys and finally join to help do mods and keep them in order.

--

Hey al

My name is Adam and I'm live in Virginia.I Grew up ridin' 3 wheelers and haven't been on one in about 15 yrs.We had three of them growing up (2 200's and a 185)and I used to love to ride.I was visiting my folks recently and saw my old 84 200M sitting there and I ended up bringing it home with me.It's been sitting out a few years so it's in rough shape ,but I'm going to get it fixed up and running.It does still turn over so that a good thing(not locked up).Think my best bet would be to find one for parts and go from there.Never knew there were so many parts places for them on the web.I'm looking forward to getting her running.This looks like a good site for advice and help on just about any topic
    Talk to ya soon

--
    Hey 3ww,

Names Jason. Been reading your site for about a year. I love it, there is so much info here. I finally got a couple of 3wlrs worth talking about so I signed up. Currently emptying my wallet on two 85 tri-z's. Before that I had a thing for Atc 90s/110s and ended up with three of them. Too much fun in the front yard. I got into endro riding with a some buddies a couple of years ago, I've got a xr650 for that and I've got a my honda and yami 450 quads which are always fun. I live in socal and am always down to ride with new people. Can't wait to get to know some of you!

See yah around
    Too many bikes, not enough time in the day!

Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
    --
    Hey to all 3WW ppl, I'm Patrick and I own a 1985 250R ATC and a restoration Project 1985 250 Tecate 3. I learned about the site by trying to find specs and parts for a 1983 200S that I restored and then gave to a friend.

--
    SUP!

Was on here a long time ago when it was .org I believe. I started a project build on an 85 250R (piece by piece) in '03 before I left for Africa. Well its now 2011 and after stints in Africa, Iraq and Afghanistan coupled with a couple of years living in the Philippines I am proud to say I am back at home and picking up my build where I left off. I am looking forward to getting back in the groove and am glad to be back. See yall on the boards.

--

Just joined the site, Hello to all. Grew up riding 3 wheelers. I'm wanting another trike
    and was searching the web and ran up on this website. Sounds like the place to be,
    all about 3 wheelers!

--
    Hi all, Im new to this site and just now getting back into 3 wheelers. I picked up two this last week, I got a 1983 kawasaki klt200 ( for free and now i know why it was free ) and a 1984 kawasaki kxt 250-A1 tecate. That I cant seem to figure out how to tighten the chain. oh and I gave $400.00 for it so i hope i didnt pay to much. It runs good and I got it from a guy who used to race them. He spent alot of time and money trying to keep it looking as good as he could and running smoothly like a banshy.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Wenzel View Post
    1984 kawasaki kxt 250-A1 tecate. That I cant seem to figure out how to tighten the chain.
    Rob, The rear axle carrier has 4 large bolts that attach the carrier to the swingarm. Loosen those 4 large bolts (2 on each side). You should have an adjuster attached to the bottom left large bolt, with all 4 loosened, loosen the locknut and tighten the nut on the adjuster which will pull the carrier back swinging on the left and right hand upper large bolts tightening the chain. Tighten the locknut on the adjuster and tighten the 4 large bolts on the carrier. On the swingarm you will see there is room for the carrier to swing, if your chain is wore out or too long you may not have any more room to tighten the chain. You may have to remove a link from the chain.
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--

Cool Hi From Alberta

I'm Bill & I quit drinking 8 months ago....Wait wrong forum wheres the erase button???
    But I am Bill & I just bought a 85 Big Red 250er & I'm becoming addicted to it! It runs like new but the plastics are all pretty much shot. The one in the pic is not mine but one thats in the area. Can anyone tell me about it? And why it has such a little tire on the front? See ya in the forums.

--
    Someone put the front end of a motorcycle on it. Welcome to the site
    Rides:
    1986 ATC250R (sectional pipe and Klemm Research silencer)
    1986 ATC250R (Desert Bike, WAX-ON seat, Dual Cibie lights, Steering Stabilizer)
    1979 ATC110 (Bandito frame and forks, Turbo wheels, disc braked)
    1982 ATC70 (Lifan manual 125)
    1987 LT80 (piped, widened)

My feedback thread
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-dcreel

RIP Trace.. Godspeed.

--
    hey guys my name is harley, i hail from southern california and frequent glamis, pismo, dumont, and all areas in between. ive owned several trikes, 1985 185 (first atc), 1985 atc250r, 1984atc200x and a 1982 atc250r air cooled monster. they're all gone now though and ive bee on quads for a while (dont judge me!) and have a decent 50rwhp ds450 and a work in progress 400ex, but the trike bug is back and im yearning for a atc500r, so i figured id join before i dive into the project with no support group haha.

--
    Hey fellas, I'm Jason from good 'ol VA....anyone know of a good place for mx or drags in the entire state please let me know!!!!!

--
    Hey people, I'm alex and I'm from Ohio, looking forward to being here

--

I have always been a 3Wheeler nut!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello I just found out about this site from a friend . I have 7 threewheelers right now My two favorites are My '85 Tri-z and my '85 Tecate except the Tecate is broke right now. I hope I can find the parts I need here..
    Last edited by JohnMcQuigg; 11-09-2011 at 02:57 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //