//ArrowChat Code
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: New members, welcome!

--
    New here and could not figure how to start a new thread and just wanted to post this pic of my sons 2nd birthday present.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG950896.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	583.7 KB 
ID:	257299 1973 atc 70. Gonna be a little while before he can ride himself but still having a blast.

--
    New here! Happy for the help I've received already. Rock On!

Working on a couple atc 70's...

--
    found this researchin my mtd mud bug frame also have honda 90 and aparts bike for it. got a qa50 ive thought about adding another wheel to. like toweld tinker on small engines.

--
    Howdy! I'm 25 and own an '04 Honda TRX450R and have dressed it up to look like an ATC trike because i've loved them so much. Finally had to opportunity to purchase my first one out of Cedar City, Utah! It's an '85 200x. I'm real excited about it and know i'm going to have some questions. I've already got some ideas on some suggested modifications from the forums and i'll be spending some time on this site for sure. Yoroshiku (anybody else speak japanese?)

--
    Hello. Glad to be part of the three wheel community! I live in Gainesville Florida. I have a 1983 Honda 200 that has been sitting in my shed for over 10 years. I bought it when it was running a few years before that. It mostly original. My son and I decided to try and restore it and get it running again. I am a little nervous. I have a decent mechanical background but will probably need lots of advice and support. We have begun disassembly. Frame already looks like it needs some welding. Gas tank/cap are very rusty. Not sure if to get plastic tank or keep and restore original?? Any tips on my journey into the restoration would greatly be appreciated.

--
    Hello all I'm just a 86 200x owner from way back in the day I am the second owner,i bought the bike in 1990 from my best friends uncle,I live in wa state....

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

--
    Can anyone tell me how this happened?

--
    Hmmm, I’m going to guess. A cheap China replacement carb the butterfly valve screw came out, got sucked in, piston came up and munch.....

Guessing China carb cuz I can see the float bowl doesn’t match the rest of carb body.

Shep

--
    Wow.....thank you,im not very mechanically inclined, but I know the basics,I bought that carb off Amazon, this just happened to me

--
    Is the head toast?

--
    Last time I looked used heads for 86/87’s we’re still affordable. Your most likely due for new valves or atleast valve seals anyway.
    by the looks of them. So did the engine just stop or did it clank for a bit? Curious
    Hows the top of the piston?
    I don’t know how your funds are but if it were me it’d be time for a new top end. Piston/rings/valves etc...) And a used eBay head

Shep

--
    It just died and when I went to kick it over it was seized so I didnt force anything,put it in neutral, and called my uncle and he towed me home

--
    I'm ordering now, I dont have anyone to help me though,as ive never done piston and rings,valves,ect

--
    Did it burn any oil before this?
    If your going to do the piston/ bring your jug to a machinist/shop have them measure the bore, they’ll tell you what size u need, and go from there.
    Who knows that same shop “may” be able to fix that head- can’t hurt asking.

Up to you but since u have it torn down rebuild it.
    Shep

Your in the new member welcome section, just start a new thread about it..

--
    Ok I'm not quite sure how to do that yet but i will for sure....and no it didnt burn any oil or smoke, this bike has been the best 700 dollars I've ever spent, and that was in 1990,if u can spare a few mins of your time can u give me a complete list of what I need to get this bike back running for another 30+ yrs....money is not an issue.....i sure do appreciate your time, I kinda think a local mechanic will take advantage of me if I just bring him the top end and not knowing what i need done to it much appreciated

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //