//ArrowChat Code
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: New members, welcome!

--
    I cant necessarily walk you through it, but
    GET a 86/87 200x manual - not clymers get a Honda one.
    You’ll need:
    Valves/seals - head work
    Top end gasket kit - oem is best but there’s others that’ll do. Full kit w/oring
    Timing chain and guides (new guides are pricey) hope yours are ok.
    The decomp arm seal is discontinued if I remember right, aftermarket is available though if searched for.
    Your cam/rockers use them unless excessively worn (again pricey for new) if found.
    Wiseco 10.25:1 piston- talk to shop to find the size to buy (DONT buy piston first)
    Take the manual you get with you to the thrown (can) you know... and read

The trx200sx top end is basically the same except for decomp parts and something else too but the castings are the same.
    Think that’s it now u gotta do some of your own homework.
    First thing/ find a reputable shop to bore your cylinder.

I’m outa here,
    Oh and NOTHING from 83-85 200x fits this top end, well valve seals do I guess
    Take your time scraping gaskets off....and do not use any rtv on assembly
    Shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 09-25-2019 at 08:17 PM.

--
    Dude.....I appreciate u,that's the info that will get my bike running again thank u so much for your time....enjoy your brewski have a good evening!

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

--
    Hello, I have been Retired for awhile and I have 2 185s sitting still. So I thought that I should get or try to get them going. I recieved them for free from a friend who was cleaning out his garage. They were his sons bikes but bubble gum and baling wired together got my friend upset.
    So i showed up and took them home. And I will be trying to restore or modify or basically use on our 10 acres.
    Im looking forward to the information I will receive.

--
    Hello all. Been using this great site while I went through my 83 , 185 s . Thanks for all the help ! IV been trying to figure out how to participate since May.Gave beautiful wife my computer. Done. Will try to make up. Have lots of wheelers but just got back on a trike. My first was a Suzuki 185 3 wheeler. 84 maybe. Burned in a forest fire. Wish I could find another. But this little 185 is nice.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by squeelin56 View Post
    Dude.....I appreciate u,that's the info that will get my bike running again thank u so much for your time....enjoy your brewski have a good evening!

Well I gotta say I feel pretty good rebuilding the top end with no mechanical experience,all I had was the book and this website,it did take me about 3 months to finish it,I really took my time and triple checked everything, kicking it over was music to my ears, now I'm doing the break-in procedure before the snow gets here tonight!!!

--
    New member here ,coming out of Abbotford,BC ,Canada . I have been playing with this Big Red since way back in the 90's .she runs like a top . good tires and brakes ,Battery if FUBAR but that can be expected . We used to go camping all the time (my son and I)with friends and they had a lad ,close to the same age as my son and my buddy ,his Pa,had trikes out the ying yang so when we went camping a mud bog wasn't very far away . . These things are a blast .You keep your feet in and just ride the bejesus out of it .Son has grown up and moved away. I retired three yrs ago now and i am working through this Pandemic ,so time to get these toys all cleaned and fixed up .

--
    Yeah~~~:欢迎: I'm new here~
    there are no secrets to success. it is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.
      - Colin l. Powell

--
    Hey all, just picked up an 83 YT200E and looking forward chatting with folks here as I begin my restoration project. Currently not running and haven't begun any diagnostics yet so stay tuned. Grew up riding an ATC 250R and was looking for a Big Red when I found my Tri-Moto.

Cheers,
    Mike

--
    Old 3-wheeler guy here. Owned several 200X’s and a 250R. Partnered up with a buddy(whom own’d or owns too many to count) in our spare time to clean up some parts and get em listed somewhere for sale. Pretty much just 200X parts right now. Lemme know if’s you’re lookin for something specific. Will attempt to post in the for sale forums soon.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //