//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 94 zr440 service manual info

matt86200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

94 zr440 service manual info

hey guys i picked up a 94 zr440 and don't have a service manual for it. Could someone post the link to download the manual. Also what are some thoughts on this sled? good. bad otherwise? I also have a zrt600 engine i could possibly drop in it.
    85 250sx
    86 300es in the making
    86 200x
    86 350x

matt86200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I really need the manual, as i am putting this thing back together by memory. Does anyone have any idea why after i just installed 2 new pistons and rings and at some points i can pull it over and both will move up and down periodically, but sometimes it just wont budge.??? i have put a small amount of engine oil on top of the cylinders but still "seems to get stuck or doesnt feel free enough for both pistons to move up and down continuously" did i not position the connecting rods properly? Any help would be very appreciated.
    85 250sx
    86 300es in the making
    86 200x
    86 350x

--

--
    You saying Both piston's go Down or Up at the same time..? If it is...You crank is is out of phase and needs to be taken apart and trued/aligned. Or ones going up and ones going down (like it should)...You have the piston's in right? arrow towards the exaust....Could be snagging a ring
    1985 Tri-Z-

Quote Originally Posted by mywifeknowseverything
    Just hit the Freakin Gas and Hold on!!!!!

--
    one goes up and one goes down. They are going the proper way yes and the arrows are towards the exhaust. Maybe a ring is catching? but i just used my fingers to compress the rings in the proper place as i slid the piston in. I was able to slide the cylinder over fairly easy. My understanding was that there is only One right way to put the rings in and if not then they won't budge at all. I can grab the clutch and turn it over BUT it either feels like it's catchin or the rod is hitting as i pull it over.
    85 250sx
    86 300es in the making
    86 200x
    86 350x

--
    Theres no crap in the crank case's? if one of the old pistons shatterd....i would look over the bearings real good, a poorly chamferd port could cause a ring to stick too, or upside down...the cats are normally pretty good on that end, as they are pretty much all nickisil. Is this with the cyl heads on and plugs in? or without?
    Last edited by MTS; 01-30-2010 at 06:01 AM.
    1985 Tri-Z-

--
    Cyl head are on there, no plugs. i think that the ring on my right side cylinder was a bit off, so i took the cyl back off. Im going to put it back together tonight see if i get a different result.
    85 250sx
    86 300es in the making
    86 200x
    86 350x

--
    You will know real quick if a ring was not sitting right, it would bend the end by the pin, if there upside down it wont turn over much at all, Sure your pull start isnt falling apart and jamming up..?...
    1985 Tri-Z-

--

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //