//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda Big Camo 250es project

--
    Northman try this site - http://www.camowraps.com/

The front tire is a ITP Mudlight 27x10x12, the front rim is a ITP Billet Magnum which is not made anymore! Got it off of ebay for $25
    The rear tire are Highlifter Outlaws 26x12x12, rear rims are also made by highlifter. Check em out here - http://highlifter.com/

Northman is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Ya I found those guys in past and they said they would not ship to Canada then I emailed them yesterday and they said they would. Did you order a sheet or are they cutting out a pattern for the BIg Red. I was thinking either new miier fenders which delivered up here would be roughly 320 bucks or 185 for the camo cover. I am torn what you guys do ?

--
    I ordered the standard ATV kit from them. The camo wrap is going on brand new Maier fenders. Looks like I won't have the plastics back until next week, they are taking their sweet F'n time!

--
    Noticed your ordering a tank too ? it have rust or you just want to keep all original stuff without camo on it? I broken down last couple hours and tracked down a dealer in Canada, i'm going CAMO on my back up driver the 85. But im just going to cover the old crack and dinged ones , I figure hey its camo you probably wont notice the imperfections right? What pattern are you going with ? and you got the 2 x (4x5) sheets I imagine.

--
    My original tank is too nice to put camo wrap on, I went with Realtree HD camo pattern. I don't know how big the sheets are but there was a total of 40sq feet of wrap, which is more than enough!

--
    Bitin' @ the bit to see how this thing's gonna turn out. Nice trike and work man. Just wondering, isn't the camo gonna get scraped off. Just a thought. My buddy keeps bugging about customizing my 85 250ES. If this camo works out, I might be down, never thought about camo'n it out!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnR. View Post
    That is gonna look sweet with the rear lifted. Did you consider putting a 200X or 350X front end on it? That would probably get you the lift you wanted without welding and it would get you some nicer front brakes and suspension. I can't wait to see it wrapped.
    How much longer is the travel? Can you do a straight swap, or do you need special parts. Kinda new to this Honda thing, but as far as I can tell so far, they're all modeled somewhat alike, as far as bolts, nuts, and the like.

--
    The camo wrap stuff is pretty darn thick material, the front is like 4 or 5" (was supposed to be 2") the rear is 2". As far as the swaps go I am not the person to be asking, I just really don't know! Start a new tread about this topic, I know someone on here has done it.

--
    My tanks are pretty nice too but, Iam sure that camo wrap can be removed without damage I wonder? cause then its a great way to preserve them. Still pretty torn though to not have matching machines or go unique, the covers are 4x5 and there are two of them, maybe I will do the old 185 too as it is looking old. Are you going to do anything about the red plastic under the fenders ? I was thinking there will be enough to do both sides. ALso curious how the bending will don over rear fenders where the rack mounts will take a bit of stretching with a blow dryer.

--
    Did you say the REALTREE HD ? did you mean realtree AP or APG design as both of those are HD ? I am thinking the APG for summer for mine

--
    The camo I used is Realtree HD APG. I think I am going to spary the back side of the fenders with truck bedliner, that will also help keep the camo from peeling up. have you seen Skiffy's build?
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ig-red-project

--
    Thats a nice camo trike, hey I noticed that the tank looks like he used 3 pieces I guess you can t stretch over the tank in one piece ? you can see the cuts he did it must have taken some trial and error

--
    Did you powdercoat the frame? If you don't mind me asking, any approximate total for the powdercoating on the rest of the parts pictured?

I've been wanting to do my entire engine in a polished/gloss black. Don't know if grill paint will polish up/withstand the heat.

--
    No I did not powdercoat the frame, $100 for the parts pictured. By the way Im still waiting on my plastics & gas tank.

--
    I noticed that the tank on the link you left looks like he used 3 seperate pieces to apply on the gas tank I guess you can t stretch over the tank in one piece ?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //