//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ILLINOIS "The Cliffs" (Insane Terrain)

--

ILLINOIS "The Cliffs" (Insane Terrain)

The Cliffs
    2400 E. Bluff St.
    Marseilles, Illinois 61341
    Phone# 1-815-795-5200

http://thecliffsinsaneterrain.com

300 Acres of pure Insane Terrain.
    Winter Hours:
    (Nov. 1st - Mar. 31st)
    Open Saturday-Sunday, parking lot opens at 8:30am
    Trails 9-4pm - Lot closes at 4:30pm sharp!

Come check out our park, it has many miles of trails, created for the beginner all the way to the advanced rider. We have wooded areas, fields, creeks, and yes, the Famous Mud Hole.(Ask park personnel where it is). Plans are in progress to create a rock climb and bog for those who want more challenges.

So if you want some pure excitement ride The Cliffs Insane Terrain Off-Road Park!

HOURS
    Winter Hours - November 1st - March 31st:
    Parking lot opens at 8:30am
    Trails 9-4pm
    Parking Lot closes at 4:30pm SHARP!

Summer Hours - April 1st - October 31st:
    Parking lot opens at 8:30am
    Trails 9-5pm
    Parking lots closes at 5:30 SHARP!

OPEN FRIDAY THROUGH SUNDAY
    We will open during the week if you have a party of 15 or more (Call for details).

FRIDAY: Call first if it is after Noon. We may close early.

PRICES

JEEPS, QUADS, MOTOCROSS ARE $24 A DAY
    ADDITIONAL PARTICIPANTS ARE $6 A DAY
    BYSTANDERS ARE $6 A DAY
    KIDS UNDER 15 ARE $10 A DAY

FLAGS ARE $13.83 AND THAT IS WITH TAX

Yearly Pass:

•Adult pass: $250.00
    •Children under 15: $85.00*
    *(Must be purchased with a adult pass)
    Family package:
    •1st Adult $250.00
    •2nd Adult & etc. $150.00
    •Children 15 and under $85.00
    Anyone under 18 MUST have parents signature on waiver, or have consent from parent.(Call for details)
    96 Decibel limit strictly enforced.
    Flags required on Jeeps and Quads.
    Helmets required on Quads and Motocross.

The Rules
    1.Everyone who enters the Cliffs Off-Road Park must stop at the front office and sign a release of liability waiver, and pay admission fee, before entering the park.

2. All visitors must show a photo ID that verifies proof of age.

3. All riders under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign a consent form, and they must be directly supervised at all times by their parent or guardian.

4. No alcoholic beverages are allowed on the property. All vehicles are subject to search.

5. Entry onto property is authorized only during posted hours of operation. The valid daily receipt must be in the vehicle operators possession at all times.

6. No Camping, hunting, fishing, swimming or diving except as authorized by a special use permit.

7. SUV operators must be at least 18 years of age and posses a valid driver's license. Driver and passenger must wear seatbelts at all times. Roll bars or hardtops are also required.

8. Helmets are required for all ATV's and dirt bikes. ATV's, Trucks/SUV's and Jeeps are also required to have a flag. Dirt bikes do not need a flag.

9. Passengers are not allowed on ATV's or dirt bikes at any time.

10. Vehicles with modified exhaust will be checked for decibel levels. A 96 decibel is the mx. allowed level, and will be tested according to the MIC. Stationary Sound Test Manual. those over 96 decibels will not be allowed to ride.

11. Vehicles must stay within the boundaries of the park. Do not enter any property not owned by the park. Violaters will be removed from the park and could receiive legal action against them.

12. There is a 5mph speed limit in the parking lot area and in areas where it posted slow zone.

13. All off-road vehicles must have functioning spark arrestors and mufflers.

14. In case of an emergency, contact park staff. Ambulance and AirEvac service is available, at the cost of the person requesting assistance.

15. Recovery is available at most times, however there is a fee. And last recovery attempt will go out at 4pm. All others will have to wait for next day.

16. Park closes at 5pm. All patrons must be out of parking lot and park no later then 5:30pm.

17. Be courteous at all times

18. When using a winch you must always us a tree saver. Anyone caught cutting a tree down will be ejected from the park and will not be let back in....ever. Vehicles will be inspected for chainsaws or any cutting device, and they will be confiscated and not returned.

19. No one with tires over 39.5, will be allowed in park. Strictly enforced.

20. Have Fun and Drive Safely!

The Gallery: http://thecliffsinsaneterrain.com/main.asp?page=gallery
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cliffs..jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	91619   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cliffs2..jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	250.2 KB 
ID:	91620  
    85' Honda Big Red
    09' Yamaha YZ 250F
    2012 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
    2015 Polaris RZR 570 LE/Trail Edition
    2017 Suzuki DR-Z400SM

--
    R-N-D they allow trikes right? Is this a pretty cool place to ride? Worth a 2 hour drive?

I'm burnt out on Rockford and the Badlands and Wisconsin take up a whole weekend which my wife doesn't like me doing more than about once a year. Something about watching two kids under 3 all weekend by herself lol

Rob

--
    It's not a bad place at all. Honestly, it doesn't compare to the Badlands but at least it's closer. One warning, just don't go after it has rained, it's brutal there. One other negative, they allow trucks and jeeps and those things have created some HUGE ruts along some of the paths. Otherwise, a few buddies and I really enjoy going there. Never really too crowded which is nice. They have a nice little stream there too that is usually vacant. I'd say it's worth the trip, at least once to check it out.

When are you thinking of going? Within the next couple of weeks? If so, maybe we can meet you up there for a day. Let me know when you are thinking of possibly taking the trip.
    85' Honda Big Red
    09' Yamaha YZ 250F
    2012 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
    2015 Polaris RZR 570 LE/Trail Edition
    2017 Suzuki DR-Z400SM

--
    I'm also from the Rockford area. Me and my brother go to the Cliffs at least once a month now since they upgraded their motocross track. Its not the best or biggest track but there's never too many people on it, even when it's busy. They have two tracks a large that has some pretty good sized jumps and a smaller one thats still pretty decent. There's good trails but dont go on them without a Big Red or a 250sx, lots of ruts and water holes, our 200x's and 250r's have 18's on them and get stuck all the time. Cute girls working the food stand and office is always a plus. If your looking for some people to ride with, hit us up.

--
    i would love to go here. bring my trikes and my truck. i was planning on bringing my truck to see how it handles the trails. but ive only got like 2" of lift on it so im not expecting it to be great lol

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //