//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: '82-'83 Big Red Reverse Kit... Lookie what I found !! Big Pic's BEWARE DIAL- UPPER"S

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    That thing is cool for sure. No high range though? That seems like a really big sacrifice.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Can't someone around here reverse engineer it? Copy and produce a set and keep the originals on a box. Then you can have your cake and eat it too

--
    My little brother said he wished he could find one for his 83. I told him I never heard of one.Great now I have to go tell him he was right!

--
    NICE FIND!!

The sprockets are chicken..... It's that splined inner portion that would be tough for an average guy to deal with....

But, some other splines probably fit, then you just weld the sprocket on in a lathe indicated in....

Plenty of work, but if you guys wanted it done, it could be.

More importantly, it's just a SUPER RARE piece!! Thanks for sharing!!

To me, mint rare NOS parts on a shelf are what they are. They're something to show a friend, otherwise it just lives it's life as it did from day 1.

I like to use my parts, but thats just me....I do have some rare NOS parts, I'm just saving them and waiting to sell them.

Once I can't get ATC parts, I'll chop up a quad and make one; Thats where were headed in this anti trike world, sadly.......
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--

Fab'n the kit..

[QUOTE=Dirtcrasher;858791]NICE FIND!!

The sprockets are chicken..... It's that splined inner portion that would be tough for an average guy to deal with....

But, some other splines probably fit, then you just weld the sprocket on in a lathe indicated in....

Plenty of work, but if you guys wanted it done, it could be.

More importantly, it's just a SUPER RARE piece!! Thanks for sharing!!

Yeah I think your right DC on using some sort of a existing sleeved gear and welding already fabricated sprocket's to the gear,using alredy existing part's would be the way to go.It just look's like a smaller version of a PTO shaft really.I'm not saying it would be an easy deal but I could see it being fabricated with a few changes of course for pending any copyrite or anything.
    www.muddogs.org - My New Website

MDR Racing

Trikefest '06 '07 '08 '09 Survivor !!!!
    LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

--
    i'd say you should bring it to a nos, oem, aftermarket poker game and we can play for it!

--
    very cool piece I would do as you are and put it on the shelf until the time is right and you have a br that you are going to hold on to
    Last edited by KILLER; 54 Minutes Ago at 06:17 PM. Reason: beer

--
    Wow lucky guy.. I also have been looking for one of these for many years for my 1982 big red.. I have been babying this machine, it's a keeper... all it needs now is reverse.. Once the novelty wears off, if it does, cause I know you're happy with the find which is awesome, if you choose not to use it I would be so grateful to purchase this from you and give it a lifelong happy home..... thanks

--
    Is there anyway you could reproduce or machine kits now that you have a prototype???
    Last edited by thestud25; 04-07-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: spelling error

--
    Quote Originally Posted by thestud25 View Post
    Is there anyway you could reproduce or machine kits now that you have a prototype???

I'll tell you what guy's ,Let's just say that I'm gonna look into my option's on fabrication..

MDR Racing

LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

--
    I would love to buy the kit from you!! I'v been looking for one for a while now.. Let me know how much you would be willing to let it go for, you can call, tex 402 616 5924 nick or email me: shaylaa7x@aol.com THANKS!!!!

--
    cant believe i missed this thread, never new they made it, it was obviously geared to the farmer, who would really benifit from the reverse, and wouldnt really be bothered by the lack of high range. I think for the guy who does some trail riding it would not be worth the sacrifice of the high range. Awsome find none the less.

--
    Very nice find. LOL can you imagine a 5 speed reverse?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by nicknewell123 View Post
    I would love to buy the kit from you!! I'v been looking for one for a while now.. Let me know how much you would be willing to let it go for, you can call, tex 402 616 5924 nick or email me: shaylaa7x@aol.com THANKS!!!!
    I firmly believe he isn't going to let this one go
    LED obsessed
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09

--
    Quote Originally Posted by nicknewell123 View Post
    Thank's for the interest but I am gonna hold on to the kit for a rainy day,actually I have it just sitting on a shelf in my office and I like to take it out and look at it every once in awhile along with the rest of my rare collectable's.I was oh so close to putting it on an '83 BR I had a few month's back just too see how it would work but I already saw it in action back in the 80's on my buddie's BR he had ,and yepper's it had 5 speed's going backward's.Maybe one day i'll get rid of it but I looked for year's to find one and I enjoy the fact that I have such a rare item.I mean you honestly can't really blame me can you..

MDR Racing

LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

--
    correct me if wrong but couldnt a small rear sprocket offset the gearing enough to make it like high range? i get the idea of how the chain works seems like maybe on of the old gears in the sub trans that slides could be used as the slider with the sprocket welded to it? im sure its super low demand seeing they only made this bike a couple years, but man reverse would be nice!
    Suzuki ALT 50: Skeeter
    Suzuki ALT 50: full suspension kit: the grasshopper
    Suzuki ALT 125: The Toad
    Suzuki ALT 160: Was a Quad runner 160: The Tri-Runner
    Suzuki ALT 185: The Warthog
    1979 Subaru brat: daily driver almost 400k runs strong

NEED ALT 50 SEAT PAN

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //