//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: '82-'83 Big Red Reverse Kit... Lookie what I found !! Big Pic's BEWARE DIAL- UPPER"S

--
    i have been toyign with the idea of putting a 200ES sub treans on the 200E. not sure if it will fit, but I have both makes and woudl not be a big deal to test it. if it works, then i woudl have all hi/lo and rev. on the chain drive. we will chekc it out and let you guys know if this will work or not when we get to that point on the 200e redo.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    sounds like a plan
    Suzuki ALT 50: Skeeter
    Suzuki ALT 50: full suspension kit: the grasshopper
    Suzuki ALT 125: The Toad
    Suzuki ALT 160: Was a Quad runner 160: The Tri-Runner
    Suzuki ALT 185: The Warthog
    1979 Subaru brat: daily driver almost 400k runs strong

NEED ALT 50 SEAT PAN

kaymo is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    it wouldnt be that hard to do, just buy two sprockets and some chain at tractor supply, pull those gears out, bore out/cut each down to fit together and weld, re-install with chain. high becomes reverse. would be totally worth it for many trikes that were just ute duty! may pull one apart to look at...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpuppi101 View Post
    Yeah,I bet you'd like to see if it work's,LOL.. Is your 200 a regular 200 or a Big Red 200E,if it's the 200E Big Red slap up a pic of it,I think that the color scheme on that '82 is the nicest of all the Big Red's.I also like the 200 models .
    i have a 1982 big red 200e
    1982 big red
    1974 atc 90
    Life is hard, but its harder if you're stupid - John Wayne

--
    what about the 1984 big reds reverse box? i had a 84 cant remember what it looked like, i remember it being shaft driven for sure though. can the box be retrofit easily?
    Suzuki ALT 50: Skeeter
    Suzuki ALT 50: full suspension kit: the grasshopper
    Suzuki ALT 125: The Toad
    Suzuki ALT 160: Was a Quad runner 160: The Tri-Runner
    Suzuki ALT 185: The Warthog
    1979 Subaru brat: daily driver almost 400k runs strong

NEED ALT 50 SEAT PAN

honda4h is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    i remember a guy back in the day i rode with he had a 200e with the kit. crazy bugger can go the same speed in reverse as forward. he sit on the bike backwards reaching back with gas and give it. i never thought anything about it until years later. that it was aftermarket

--
    I brought this to the front of the list to educate those who didn't know.

I also just bought a bike that has this kit in it. It failed ( the chain broke, busted the sub trans housing) I wonder would anyone be interested in using my sprockets to make a template or some way to cast new
    sprockets or CNC and re make this kit using common chain? You can see the pics of the kit and special stickers it came with for the tank and sub tans case. on the last page of my thread " Who here flips Trikes"

Just thinking out loud
    MrC.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    I brought this to the front of the list to educate those who didn't know.

I also just bought a bike that has this kit in it. It failed ( the chain broke, busted the sub trans housing) I wonder would anyone be interested in using my sprockets to make a template or some way to cast new
    sprockets or CNC and re make this kit using common chain? You can see the pics of the kit and special stickers it came with for the tank and sub tans case. on the last page of my thread " Who here flips Trikes"

Just thinking out loud
    MrC.
    I'm embarking on the production of one of these units for my '82. I am curious if you still have this, if you know what size the chain is? I am going to have to get pretty crafty with the gear production to keep the budget in check.

--
    I ha e the gears somewhere, I do not know what size the chain is, you can find complete kits on ebay from time to time
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Quote Originally Posted by wallydiver View Post
    I am going to have to get pretty crafty with the gear production to keep the budget in check.
    Grinding down the original gears and welding modified sprockets to? That kind of crafty?

In what little actual user reviews can be found online, it seems like the failure point of the kit is the chain. That could possibly be remedied with a high quality, specially treated chain the has decreased wear and higher strength, also known as expensive. Unless such a thing already exists and can be bought by the foot. Then still, it'll be expensive.

That type of chain would have all the parts treated before assembly. Maybe there's something like it in the aerospace industry or NASA already has a roll of it laying around from the Apollo missions.

I joke, but I've bought something similar that was special made on a small scale. That typically requires a group buy to make costs anywhere near reasonable.

The other option would be to build the kit using a Hy-Vo chain. Design it in CAD or other software and outsource the construction. Still, it's going to cost more than bellybutton lint.

Good luck.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Doesn't these reverse kits replace the low range option with reverse? I see everyone saying it would remove the high range but that don't sound right because i rode one with this kit in it and it sure didn't feel like it was in low range going forward.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //