//ArrowChat Code

Thread: I need some help on my 2-Stroke, Polaris 250..won't start..!

--

I need some help on my 2-Stroke, Polaris 250..won't start..!

I just installed a new piston and rings in a Trail Boss 250. My compression is around 140 now. (was 45, yikes!)
    Anyway, I got things back together and pre-mixed the fuel to 32:1
    hoping to get it started then bleed the oil pump.
    I can pull the plug out and connect the plug wire, then lay it on the head fins. It has a good spark...it appears to be getting fuel, but the dag gone
    thing won't start! It actually has hit about 2 times..but wouldn't try to stay running.
    Is pre-mixing the fuel wrong??
    Can anybody give me an idea on what I'm doing wrong, I can really use the help..
    I've never messed with a 2-stroke before..
    thanks!!

--
    Oh, I better add that this thing had set for awhile so it wasn't running when I bought it.
    The carb seems very clean inside however..
    Also, I am having to use the recoil starter cause the elect starter needs some work. I figure once I get it running than I'll tackle that job.

--
    I would buy a new plug. If that don't work a good carb cleaning. I know your not supposed to but I just remove a carb once in awhile to check the engine and will run one on some sort of flammable spray.

Josh
    I had the RIGHT to remain silent, I didn't have the ability!

--
    The mixture wont be the cause of it not running, unless you have it mixed 2 parts gas to 98 parts oil.. lol
    Id try another plug.. your may be fouled. NGK plugs, once they are fouled, they are screwed, they will never run right again. Make sure your getting fuel. Check to see if your reeds are okay, and spaced right. Clean your air filter, and make sure there is nothing blocking the motor from getting any air.
    Have you ever had it running? You might also just check the pipe and silencer, to make sure they are not plugged up. If your getting fuel, air, and spark there is no reason why it shouldnt run.

--
    Is the petcock turned on?

Yesterday me and a friend were trying to figure out why his 125 wasnt starting...after 45 minutes, we found out that the gas was turned off :x
    [20:55] <waterpumper> putting a racing pipe on a Foreman is like putting a high dollar bikini on a 400 pound chick...just because it fits doesn't mean it looks cool

My trailboss is a auto mix, but I had the same problem. a complete carb cleaning did the job. And I mean a complete one. I did a halfarse job the first time. never again. but that brought it back to life.
    1985 350x
    1985 350x
    1985 250r
    200 auto x
    1984 250r
    1982 250r
    85 Tecate
    86 Tri Z
    85 TRI Z
    98Wolverine
    99TRX 300

I need a 86 250r Headlight lens!!!! Hook me up!!!!

Westcoasters check out the Florence ride....

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=42267

So did you ever get that thing running????
    1985 350x
    1985 350x
    1985 250r
    200 auto x
    1984 250r
    1982 250r
    85 Tecate
    86 Tri Z
    85 TRI Z
    98Wolverine
    99TRX 300

I need a 86 250r Headlight lens!!!! Hook me up!!!!

Westcoasters check out the Florence ride....

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=42267

timex69 is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    just to be sure i would drain the tank and just run straight gas JUST TO GET IT STARTED or i would buy some polar starting fluid [either] and spray it in the spark plug hole to give it a little extra bite.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //