//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Penetrating oil test

--
    Blog Entries
    I'm wondering if the PSF/Acetone mix will hurt paint... Somebody try it and let us know.

--
    Acetone will certainly eat paint, I know from experience, lol. Didn't seem to hurt pc though.
    2006 LTR 450-Dasa, PC3, Fuel Intake, much more...

1991 Blaster-3 Mill Stroker, Flotek Ported, F7, Head Shaved, Flywheel lightened, VF3, 35mm PWK, much more...

1984 200X-Work in progress

1985 Tecate-also work in progress

--

???

I think acetone is the stuff to remove finger nail polish ain't it ???
    I have my project frozen up crank soaking. Piston rings being treated to Kroil.
    this is that 75 dollar project 175 Yamaha I picked up last week.
    I had to press the jug off the piston (after soaking with Kroil), worst case frozen up motor I have ever dealt with.
    Hey, that acetone is sorta pricey ! 8.95 plus tax a quart.

I bet that GM product is VERY good too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oil 2.jpg  

--
    Somebody told me water was just as good to free rusty nuts than penetrating oil... I'll have to try the home-brew mix!

1984 Yamaha YTM-225DX
    1985 Tri-Z 1985 Tecate 1984 Tri-Zinger and 1986 ATC250R projects
    Yamaha 3-wheeler owners club Join now!
    Official 3WW Yamaha 3-wheeler owners group
    Québec 3-wheeler riders group

--
    the thing with water is that it takes forever, like a day or more. The ATF/acetone mix works faster than anything, especially when mixed with FIRE! propane for small stuff, oxygas for the real heavy stuff or the non precise stuff.
    You will cry, you will scream if you've heard half the **** I've seen.
    Are you gonna get up and burn an X in your head?
    "Cut throught the bone and cut through the wire"
    Trikes:
    84&85 Tecates
    85 R
    85 X
    Support Scrapthraher Customs!!! Home of the Three Wheel Outlaws! PM me if you need a head rebuilt, valves cut, head milled or lapped!!!!!

--
    I find Oxy/Acet to remove nearly anything........ But, sometimes you don't want the heat to take off paint and or coatings. Bt, usually when something is that seized, the rest of the "moving/sliding" parts are seized too...

Does ANYONE recall the brake fluid post?? or did I read that elsewhere??

Regardless, heat does the trick. It was 400$ for a complete set of braising/cutting/heating torches and right up there with the best $$ I ever spent!! Along with the MIG welder and 20 ton press
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    The old boys over on the lathe site I go too all seem to mix there own out of ATF and acetone.
    80s......185 atc, Yamaha tri-moto 200, 85 200x with tons of work
    90s......89 Suzuki quad racer 250 (raced 250 A class for 6 years, late 90s.. custom framed 250x with long travel shocks and a built 350x motor.... built Honda 110
    00s...... chomeoly framed 350 RX with all the goodies (thanks to my bro)
    2012.....Replaced the 350x motor for a 444cc YZ426
    WWW.HREATV.COM

--
    Yeah, my machinist at cididit.com (lonnie) uses it all the time. He says he has used more oxy-acet. heat since he found out. He also thinks Kroil is the greatest thing since sliced bread too.
    Trikes:
    84&85 Tecates
    85 R
    85 X
    Support Scrapthraher Customs!!! Home of the Three Wheel Outlaws! PM me if you need a head rebuilt, valves cut, head milled or lapped!!!!!

Woodsrider is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post

Does ANYONE recall the brake fluid post?? or did I read that elsewhere??
    Is this what you are thinking of ? http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthrea...highlight=rust

--
    Saw the same test on a machinist site that I follow. Similar results. Diluted tranny fluid is cheap and turned out to be best. The downside is application. Spray cans are so easy. I keep a few oilcans charged and some pb for the underneath work

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    A few years ago I seen a place (I think it might have been Eastwood?) that sold a rechargeable aerosol can. You just filled it up with your contents, and then pressureized it with your air compresser. That'd be an ultra slick setup for this mixture.

--
    I like Zep 45 as a penetrating (Lubricant). But FREE ALL Is one of the best I have seen work on rust.

83 ATC 60-R Cr60 converted with Zinger parts.
    83 ATC 70.
    83 Tri zinger
    ATC 85-R Cr85 engine on shortened 86-R frame.
    ATC450AF
    86 310-R Drag racer
    440 snowmobile powered custom built.
    87 Cr 500 Converted to Drag racer

--
    The bad thing with Zep is it seems to evaporate quicker. I like the older stuff when they used VYDAX instead of PTFE. Is free all still in business?? I will try that.
    also Billy, ZEP makes a rechargable canister as well as Sure-Shot, they work great.
    Trikes:
    84&85 Tecates
    85 R
    85 X

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //