//ArrowChat Code

Thread: REVIEW: New eBay "Keihin" 200x carb

--

REVIEW: New eBay "Keihin" 200x carb

I was having trouble with my stock 200x carb even though it was all cleaned up, jets were clear, etc. I could never get my trike to idle right. Sometimes it would rev up really high, so I would turn the idle down and then it would die. I spent many hours trying to get it to idle right, and finally had enough and figured I would try one of the new eBay carbs.

I ended up buying from this seller for $33 shipped to me. He has carbs for other Honda trikes as well: ZOOM ZOOM PARTZ. So for about $10 more than a rebuild kit you have a whole new carb. It looks alot like the oem Keihin carb and even says Keihin on it, but I doubt it is a real Keihin. It is advertised for 83-87 200x as many things on eBay are, but I doubt you could bolt it up to a second gen and have it work out of the box.

I set the air screw to factory settings, and didn't touch anything else. I bolted it onto my 84, gave a few kicks, and it started right up and idled perfectly! I couldn't believe it. So I took it for a spin, thinking to myself yeah it idles great but how will it do actually riding. To my surprise, it runs great all through the rpm range! I couldn't be happier with this new carb. The only issue I have found with it, and I believe others have seen this with eBay carbs, is at idle if you stab the throttle really quick, you will get a bog. I was worried this would cause issues during actual riding but I never had it happen then.

Now onto the disclaimers. My 200x is bone stock besides a rebuilt top end with .5mm over-sized Wiseco piston. I can see what others have said about re-jetting this carb for mods being a problem since there are no numbers on the jets! Just for grins I checked to see if the stock 200x oem Keihin jets screw into this carb and they do, so I guess you could get it to work with mods, but it would be hard to get a baseline.

Note thanks to UI Vandal: There are 'C' and 'L' versions of most of the carbs. C means cable-driven choke, and L means lever choke. I didn't realize there were 2 versions when buying mine, so I bought the cable-driven choke version for my 200x even though the 200x never had this. I was able to swap over my lever choke from my stock carb, but it still works fine even with the cable-driven choke.

Here's a couple pics:

Comparison of eBay carb on left and oem carb on right

Says Keihin on it, but is it really?

Any questions, fire away.

Rob
    Last edited by rdlsz24; 12-19-2011 at 06:34 PM.

--
    I got one of those for my ATC 200 with Wiseco. Have to set the carb to factory specs still though. I will post how it runs later tonight.

--
    I went down real quick to adjust the carb to stock settings on my ATC 200. It started right up. Bogs a little like you said. I adjust the carb a little and it got a little better. Pulled the plug and I am running a little lean.

The stock jets all fit perfectly. I am going to buy a little larger then stock today and put those in so I know where I am at. I measured the carb and its a 24mm.

Here are my 1983 ATC 200 specs so you have something to go by.
    10:1 Wiseco Piston
    Head redone with all new parts
    UNI filter
    Larger exhaust I modified to fit.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Good article for the front page

--
    Cool thanks Billy! I'm hoping this will help people out that are looking into these carbs. They are talked about every so often on here and some hate them and some love them, but I didn't really see alot of opinons of those with first hand experience using them.

Rob

--
    good info to know, now go check yourself for lead posioning lol! it could be things are just tigher speced then the old 25 year carb now.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //