//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: **** 2010 Trikefest Raffle Trike Build Thread **** Dial Uppers Beware Large JPEG"S

--
    That is coming along very nice, But, you should've had the frame gusseted, and reinforced at the normal cracking points
    My rides, 1985 ATC 350X, With legit Lamborghini Countach paint,2003 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider,customised the way I like it! 1997 GMC Sierra is gone, primary mode of transportation, 2008 Toyota Yaris!

Check out my build thread of my 350X
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?95389-Tank-s-1985-350X-build-is-FINALLY-all-done!-)
    Screw giving away the Harley, It's payed for!!

--
    ^ Agreed, but I'm biased

Plenty of 85 350X's will never see a crack because they aren't ridden in an abusive way (like we do)

Looks great PUPPI!!

Someone else had asked (Aldochine?) What is the average cost to blast and zinc coat an axle?? Does it build up the seal and or bearing surface if so desired?? - I'll go away now............
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Looks super nice... great work Roger!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by T3 LOPES View Post
    i know whats going on roger? i waiting to see what im going to be taking home with me.
    The 350x will be on _MY_ trailer, Lopes. Here's a preview of what you'll be taking home with you:

I'm like an Original Gagster

"Well, To be fair I did have a couple of gadgets which he probably didn't like a teaspoon and an open mind." -- The Doctor

--
    Nice! Thanks for offering to bring it back to NW IN for me Dave your such a pal!

California, USA about 50 miles north of sacremento
    --
    I will probably jinx it now but, no worries on the gussests, I don't ride that hard

--

Thursday Progress... Time's running out!!

Quote Originally Posted by puggerton03 View Post
    Thats going to be one sweet ride. I just bought some tickets, so Im keeping my fingers crossed. Sandpuppi, Do you get re-imbursed for your time and money you're putting into this thing? How does that work? Great job.
    That's a question that deserve's an answer and I'm gonna lay it down for ya and be done with it just because I honestly don't like Drama and I know how thing's can get twisted on issue's so here's my answer.
    I've been a member of 3WW since the late 90's when I did'nt have a computer ,but I did have web-tv and have alway's had a passion for trike's.In '04 I got a decent computer and became a member again since it had been year's since I had orginally joined and forgot my info from the 90's .Anyway's I ended up joining the 3WW Committee a few year's ago to try and help out with lightening the load for other member's of the committee.I never would have thought that just too put on an event such as Trikefest was so much work or that it would cost so much to be honest with ya's but it is and it does.We as a TF committe group decided last year what we would be doing for this year's event's and it was around then that I decided that I would build this year's Raffle Trike,Now let me say this is all collectively with the group ,I was asked if I would be interested and I accepted sound's better.Anywho the orginal trike was donated and I picked it up in Owosso ,Mi and it went on from there.Now let's understand here that this machine has ton's of part's that have been donated also,but I spearheaded the build~so I started asking for donation's from all over these board's from certain member's speciality product's that they themselve's Build,Design,Assemble etc and so on.Now like I stated already putting on TF cost money ,lot's of money and that's where the Raffle trike come's into play.
    Now to answer you question more direct,Yes I do recieve a small portion back, but compared to what this would cost one of my customer's to recieve a machine of this caliber it is'nt even close money wise, which I have absolutely no problem with,actually I donate item's for the award's ceremony and my time's also.I alway's have and alway's will donate to 3WW as it has given back too me and still does.That's why I also donate my time on the Drag's and other event's when I can.And MDR Racing aka Muddogs Restorations whom is also me Sandpuppi101 get's to show off some of my talent and or lack of in the process.Basically I'm just a good guy doing a good thing trying to get by.People who know me also know that I tell thing's the way it is and I guess that's the way I see it,and if you don't know me and see me at TF don't be afraid to come up and chat with me,just don't hollar at me,LOL.. OK with that being said and no Drama let's put that to bed and continue with this awesome build ,sound good.

OK somebody stated something about gusseting the frame which I agree the 1st gen. '85 frame's had issue's for sure ,most of the time.I guess my response would be ( yeah I coulda done that and I also coulda put in a Big Bore kit also but the frame appear's solid and honestly where does it end).Basically I coulda done ton's of upgrade's but IMO the frame was in good enough shape.On with the progress :

Yesterday we got the motor in and I started putting on some of the smaller item's such as the rubber grommet's and little tab's and stuff.I did get a few boxes in the mail,1 from Fed-X and the UPS guy stopped in also.It's like Christmas at MDR HQ..The fender's came in also which are gonna be New Maier Front,Rear and tank Shroud's.I wish I coulda got OEM's but ya know how that goes Ya wish in one hand and $**t in the other.Well today consist of getting all the wiring in place ,getting the Brake's all wrapped up and the exhaust system which I'm kinda undecided on.I also need to go thru and double check some of the torque value's and get some of the small stuff all done.I'm gonna let the pic's do the talking for now cuz I gotta get out in the shop but I'll have more pic's posted up in the a.m.

Remember time is limited on the advanced ticket sale's, if your not gonna make it to TF ya better order them up.All I know for sure is that today alot of bling is gonna be going on the ole' girl.Make sure ya check in torrow for updated pic's..To Continue:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    www.muddogs.org - My New Website

MDR Racing

Trikefest '06 '07 '08 '09 Survivor !!!!
    LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

--
    Great job Roger! I can't wait to see it in person!
    Tapper
    R.I.P. Sandpuppie, you are greatly missed!
    May you rest in peace Jeswinehart, deeply missed, never forgotten....
    Feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ight=tapper190

--
    Awesome sandpuppi, if I were only closer I would love to check out your work in person. Someone's gonna win a nice machine.
    1986 ATC 250r
    1985 ATC 250r
    1985 X2 ATC 70's
    1985 XL 80

If you have bought or sold with me please leave feedback.

--

How about a FREE ticket ??? read on

I would like to add to what Roger touched on about the parts/services that are donated.
    To those that are contacted about doing some of their specialty work or parts that they may have, they automatically get 1 free raffle trike ticket (advice, uhhh no,,,, that don't count ~ sorry).
    Having the honor of basically being in charge of advance ticket sales, I have knowledge of those folks that have stepped up to the plate to help the site with this once a year fundraiser drive.
    Over the years I been involved in this capacity, it never ceases to amaze me at the humbleness of those willing to help. To the point that NOT wanting their name mentioned.
    Hmmmm, how about a FREE ticket,,,, lets see who has great memory AND doing their reading.
    freaksfix (Matt) donated a awesome new in the bag, PART to the DONATION door prize table that everybody in the house gets at the awards ceremony, just for being there. My ticket was drawn and I choose that part.
    I donated it to sandpuppy to use as he seen fit.

The first person to PM me what that part is I gave, that was donated by freaksfix, I will buy you 1 ticket.

P.S.,,, i am not accepting a ticket for donating a part nor will I buy any so NO conflict of interest.
    Last edited by jeswinehart; 06-20-2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: had to delete my e-mail/paypal link

--
    Ya-all need a hint ??? I have only had 1 PM about to what the part may be and fender(s) was incorrect.
    Okay, here is a hint.
    Sandpuppy spoke of it directly and has pictured it twice in his updates.

--
    speedometer?
    I'm like an Original Gagster

"Well, To be fair I did have a couple of gadgets which he probably didn't like a teaspoon and an open mind." -- The Doctor

--
    My first guess was wrong, so my second guess would be the tires
    Tapper
    R.I.P. Sandpuppie, you are greatly missed!
    May you rest in peace Jeswinehart, deeply missed, never forgotten....
    Feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ight=tapper190

KASEY is offline weee weeee weeeeeeeeeee ! ! ! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    will tickets be available at trikefest?

--
    Yes Kasey. There will be tickets available right up to about midway thru the awards program then I cut the sales off and let all the ticket stubs tumble until the drawing.
    The drawing is done by a small child, typically by Garage Boys young daughter ,,,, I think she just wants the free Tee shirt but seems to enjoy being center of attention
    Last edited by jeswinehart; 06-20-2010 at 10:48 AM. Reason: spelling correction

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //