//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: **** 2010 Trikefest Raffle Trike Build Thread **** Dial Uppers Beware Large JPEG"S

--

**** 2010 Trikefest Raffle Trike Build Thread **** Dial Uppers Beware Large JPEG"S

Well Folk's ~ the cat's outta the bag ~ & with just over a month to go until TF 2010 I am happy to say that the Raffle Trike is getting ready for final assembly.And this year I'm happy to announce that somebody is gonna be going home with a '85 Honda ATC 350X Custom built by Muddogs Restorations from the ground up.And let me tell you all that nothing and I mean nothing has been spared in this build.I dug up some of the best part's and had many part's and services donated from our own 3WW board member's for this build.Why shop around when some of the best trike part's can be found on this site.And let me tell you all that the item's and product's that member's have donated are gonna be found all over this machine .Before I go on I would like too personaly say Thanks to everyone who donated anything to this build I commend you all for what you have done. Let's get the download on how this all started shall we:

This build actualy all started last year when myself and a few other's on the Trikefest Committee had the discussion on what we were gonna have for a raffle trike for 2010.With going with what the member's wanted it was decided that a Honda 350X would be a good candidate as a machine.I mean we really had to try and out do the beautiful Blue ATC 110 that went to it's new home in Missouri with Corey Sprock in '09.So when it was decided that a 350X would be a good candidate we had to then find a machine and someone to build it,so when I was asked if I would be interested in building the machine I had no hesitation in saying yes.

It actually was'nt that much longer that I recieved a phone call from an anyomous member whom told me that they had purchased a donor machine and all I had too do was go and pick it up.I made arrangement's with the owner and picked up the 350X a few day's later in Owosso ,Mi which is only a hop skip and a jump away from my shop.Gotta love Craigslist I alway's say and ya gotta love some of the charachter's that I get too meet along the way,lol.I had the machine in my posession now and as the pic's show's the old girl was just a little tired ,but that's the way I love getting 'em.The pic of the machine in the yard is when it first got unloaded off the truck and how it was ridden.I remember on the way home from picking up the machine thinking of how I could make this a special machine,ya know something other than just another 350X build.After getting a good look at it up in the air it hit me that I should build this machine with product's and vendor's from people in the trike community,so I started making some phone call's sending out PM's and asking for people from the site to donate what they could.I was'nt alone in that either I had people from all over helping with contacting other's and locating rare OEM and custom part's.The frame was in horrble shape so that needed to be replaced as well as many other key component's but at least I had something solid to work with,it just amazes me sometime's as to how people just keep riding and riding there machine's with the lack of maintence and basic upkeep.Basically before long I had a stockpile of item's to go on the machine ,part's were ordered up and other part's were sent out to be customized ,painted and powder coated.

So that's kinda where it's at as of right now,I'm still waiting on a few key item's but most everything is here ready for assembly as some pic's will show.I have part's laying all over my office that are just waiting for assembly for this and other build's that will be done in the next few week's cutting it close to Trikefest as usual just like most of you probably,but with late night's day's before I'll get it all done .All I know is that whom ever is the Lucky person to win this machine is gonna have a very special machine ~ a deffinate one of a kind and I gotta say that I'm glad that Muddogs Restorations has been able too be a part of it.This machine is gonna be loaded with the best of the best from Orginal OEM part's ,Rare Hondaline item's,Custom built part's galore and lot's more all from the ground up.

For the most part all the dirty work as far as disassembly is all done for the most part and now come's the fun part of actually assembling the machine which has already begun and progress pic's will be posted as I get to them.The motor still need's to be assembled but I'm waiting on a few item's for that yet.Some of the donor's wish not to have there name's mentioned so I'm not gonna post up name's of where the part's came from unless I'm told I can do so for the obvious reason's that they probably don't want there e-mail's and PM boxes loaded up with question's and having everybody sore with me.But I will be more than happy to list name's and there design's and product's if they want me too,that's not my call or better yet if you see an item from yourself, you the donor can specify detail's.I will also have a Donation list with the trike at TF in Laurel. That's what make's this year's Honda ATC 350X Raffle Trike a special machine,the fact that this machine has a part of all of us on it.Basically I'm just the lucky person who get's to assemble this machine and put everybody's product's together,so make sure you frequent this thread as I will post update's on the assembly as they happen, as for now I am posting pic's of the tear down and part's that are ready for assembly.

Feel free to let me know what ya think or if ya have questions and or comment's.Ticket's are on sale now and can also be purchased at TF 2010,I will be selling Ticket's locally here in Michigan as other committee member's will be selling ticket's also.I'm sure that Mr. Swinehart will jump in here with more detail's on how to purchase ticket's.Good Luck and cross your finger's that you win this year's machine.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    www.muddogs.org - My New Website

MDR Racing

Trikefest '06 '07 '08 '09 Survivor !!!!
    LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

--

More part's for the Raffle Trike 2010

Coming along with the build as the Newly restored frame get's blasted and get's it's new color ,along with some of the part's that are gonna be on the machine.A mixture of 250R and Tecate part's on the table's as well as many 350X item's.New bearing's ~ Fork Boot's ~ Brake Pad's ~ Clutche's are just a few of the part's ready for assembly.Where does it end,LOL...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    www.muddogs.org - My New Website

MDR Racing

Trikefest '06 '07 '08 '09 Survivor !!!!
    LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

--
    My goodness, I can tell already this is going to be a NICE build Roger !!!
    Perhaps some info about the tickets. There are only 1000 tickets avaialbe for this raffle.
    Need NOT be present to win.
    If you are not going to be in attendence there is a cash option.
    There is a high chance we can arrainge to get it close to your home state but no gurentee.
    So far to date that I know of there about 200 tickets sold.
    Some of the other board members selling tickets in advance are Bryan Raffa, Ditchmud, and of course Sandpuppy but unsure if they are taking paypal payments.
    If you go thru the sites donation thread, and you are more then welcome to do so, DO NOT, and I will repeat this again DO NOT use the word(s) raffle, chance drawing, gamble or anything of the sorts.
    Reason being ~ the sites banking folk DO not like it, simple as that.
    Simply say you want to donate to 3ww and the 350X project.
    be sure to leave complete address and a GOOD contact phone number so one of the moderators can relay the info to me and I in turn mail out your portion of the ticket stub to you.

--
    Can't wait to see some more pics this is going to be sick. Is there a website for trikefest where I can get some information on it?
    Life is better on 3 wheels
    1984 200es big red
    1976 suzuki rm125
    1983 honda 250r (minty fresh) SOLD
    1986 honda 350x (A PILE....for now)
    197? honda 90 (pauter framed little beast in the making)

--
    you are on the website for all the info you need on TF. Wow its going to be a nice X Roger. Count me in on a bunch of tickets

--
    Well what I ment was was there a trikefest website?
    Life is better on 3 wheels
    1984 200es big red
    1976 suzuki rm125
    1983 honda 250r (minty fresh) SOLD
    1986 honda 350x (A PILE....for now)
    197? honda 90 (pauter framed little beast in the making)

--
    if i knew there was a cerain way to get it home i would buy a ticket or two
    1985 Quad Killer
    1985 Mini Raag

1985 Green Gobbin X2!!

1990 Kawasaki 300sx
    feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...light=code200k
    If you have done deals with me please leave me feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    No kidding, I think we need to bring trikes back just to weed out the retards.
    R.I.P

--
    Quote Originally Posted by code200k View Post
    if i knew there was a cerain way to get it home i would buy a ticket or two
    There often is more members from New York State then any other state. I am sure I can bribe one of them to at least get it inside New York State for you.

If nothing else, should you have the winning ticket, we will call you and see what ya want to do.

Heck, its for the betterment of this free site we all enjoy so much.
    Last edited by jeswinehart; 05-19-2010 at 06:24 PM.

--
    Looks great Roger! I will buy a ticket from you in person at trikefest this year! Can't wait!
    Tapper
    R.I.P. Sandpuppie, you are greatly missed!
    May you rest in peace Jeswinehart, deeply missed, never forgotten....
    Feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ight=tapper190

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jeswinehart View Post
    There often is more members from New York State then any other state. I am sure I can bribe one of them to at least get it inside New York State for you.

If nothing else, should you have the winning ticket, we will call you and see what ya want to do.

Heck, its for the betterment of this free site we all enjoy so much.
    good point.ill pm you soon ill take 2 lol
    1985 Quad Killer
    1985 Mini Raag

1985 Green Gobbin X2!!

1990 Kawasaki 300sx
    feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...light=code200k
    If you have done deals with me please leave me feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Golightly View Post
    No kidding, I think we need to bring trikes back just to weed out the retards.
    R.I.P

--
    Quote Originally Posted by HONDA_ATC_FREAK View Post
    Can't wait to see some more pics this is going to be sick. Is there a website for trikefest where I can get some information on it?
    Yes, lots of TF related material in here ~ http://www.3wheelerworld.com/forumdi...fic-Discussion

it is in the rides, race, events, location forum

--
    where is that donation thread again ......
    Last edited by KILLER; 54 Minutes Ago at 06:17 PM. Reason: beer

--
    Already it's looking to be a sick bike
    LED obsessed
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09

--
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoXer View Post
    where is that donation thread again ......
    right here autoX, Donations@3wheelerworld.com
    Again, cafeful with your wording please or I am sure your donation will come right back to you less some paypal fee's and plus the sites account will be jack'd up as well more then likely.

--
    Thank you to everyone who makes this possible
    Last edited by KILLER; 54 Minutes Ago at 06:17 PM. Reason: beer

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //