//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What to get, what to get?

--
    let us know how you like your machine, whatever it may be.

--
    instead of getting it asap...I have to wait until the end of freaking august due to financial constraints. BLAH.

Had cash in hand and put it on bills and buying stuff for the new place... acting like a grownup SUCKS
    Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=78535

Patiently waiting..

dirtjunkie85 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I do hear great things about the Can Am. Personally I'm not a polaris fan. they have crappy engineering IMO. they just seem to make things more complicated than they need to be. I would snatch up the can am if you can get it at a decent price. the suzuki's are nice too.

--
    I don't know if I ever posted anything about this... but I made my decision...and was able to get what I wanted a little earlier than expected!

55hp... it's actually pretty quick for a big bike. But where it really impresses me is the ride on trails... going over small logs and ruts...you don't feel a THING.

Since I'm at a dealership now, I'm prolly gonna try to get a set of Elkas for it in the future...it should really ride like a dream then.

Patiently waiting..

--
    Just thought I'd update this. One year in I've changed only fluids and filters. Put some aftermarket bumpers on too. Atv-guru is the man to contact. Also put a 3k viper winch with synthetic line (also zero issues, unlike ahitty warn that's sitting in the shed).

As the manufacturer suggests, I only use high when going above 15, I've had zero belt wear.

I stopped using bikes as a submarine as well, this one has never seen water over the floorboards.

Top speed is 66 with stock tires and cutout.

If anyone is looking for a trail or utility bike, I can't recommend this unit highly enough. Torque is unreal. I drug a 14x12 shed off of it's blocks and a few hundred yards to a new resting place, if I wouldn't have looked back, I would have sworn nothing was there.

The only thing I will say is that if you have never ridden a Polaris, it's quite disconcerting to hear the clunking coming from the driveline upon deceleration. Worrisome until you look at it and understand how it works. It's an ingenious design that should actually improve longevity. Looking at it I would assume much better oiling than if the setup was very tight.

It has zero wet clutch so it's not as forgiving as the yamaha belt system, BUT it handles high load applications better.

The only issue I had was my fiancee had her foot resting on the foot brake while we were riding at 40-60mph. Because of the belt drive, I honestly wasn't able to notice until it roasted my rear pads, however it highlighted a defect in a stainless line by causing a burst. Totally our fault, which I told the dealer, it was replaced under warranty, no charges at all. Didn't have a trailer to tow it home, so I rode the 36 miles on the hwy with Taylor following me with the flashers on.

Almost got a ticket for speeding, other than that all was well.

If I had to do it again, rzr. Same motor in a side by side. Well worth 6300 and Scott at atvzone in roseland is THE man to see about buying a polaris.

Patiently waiting..

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //