//ArrowChat Code

Thread: neutral safey switch on honda big red 200es

--

neutral safey switch on honda big red 200es

i bees wondern if n e 1 noz how to bypas this thing so the electric start will work

--
    will in not start in neutral or something?
    Life is better on 3 wheels
    1984 200es big red
    1976 suzuki rm125
    1983 honda 250r (minty fresh) SOLD
    1986 honda 350x (A PILE....for now)
    197? honda 90 (pauter framed little beast in the making)

--
    no it will not start withe the electic start. replace solenod(starter) battery, and trace all wires. will not indicate neutral at no point. and there is no life at the starter

--
    So you can't get it in neutral or can you not find neutral. or do you just want to be able to start it in any gear for the heck of it. OHH duh you don't mean neutral as in gear do you. I'm a moron
    1984 200es big red
    1976 suzuki rm125

--
    i just want to be able to start n any gear. trying ti fix this for my dad who is about 60

--
    Ok so I'm not a moron yay. Just didn't understand why you'd want to be able to start in any gear sounds like it could cause more problems then it would eleminate.
    1984 200es big red
    1976 suzuki rm125

--
    Yeah, generally you don't start your car in gear...

Why would this be any different?
    LED obsessed
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09

--
    There is another small relay on the left near the battery,it's a security relay,if bad you will never be able to start

1986 ATC500X
    1985 ATC250SX
    1985 ATC200X
    1985 ATC250R
    1986 ATC250R
    1984 ATC250R
    1981 ATC70
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70
    Custom built ATC70 / 250R laydwon swap
    1986 ATC250SX FATCAT

--
    I had problems with my electric start before. Everything checked out with the battery, solenoid, and wires. Then I took off the starter to check the brushes inside the starter. The unit looked clean on the outside but was heavily corroded on the inside from water damage. It was rusted so and full of gunk so bad that the thing couldn't spin.
    Lesson learned- What looks good on the outside, is not always good on the inside.

--
    im just stuumped, every thing has power to it . i did notice that the side of the solenoid leading to starter there is no power. would that be because the neutral switch in the tranny is not working. with that wire ran straight to ground the trike still will not start with the electric start. GOD BLESS anyone that has the solution to this. i can pull start, but my dad is 60 man and prefers the electric start.

--
    meaning the neutral indicator wire staight to ground

--
    You can test the wires and simply bypass the neutral indicator. Using the factory switch. Some bikes the wires are right under the headlight, on some I have simply plugged two wires into each other and bypassed the neutral safety. Or if you aren't that good with wiring you could unplug the wires at the starter solenoid and just run one to ground and the other to a switch that runs right off the battery. Its not as nice of a fix, or just test and replace the neutral indicator, might be easier than bypassing it if you're not good with wiring.

Go under world class help and download a manual it will have a wiring diagram.

--
    I have no wiring harness at all wa wondering if anyone could help me I don't want regulator hooked up either just the basics stator pulse gen did and coil wired so it will run on a 200es big red can anyone help me wire this thing want to wire just those to make it run

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Russellmorey View Post
    I have no wiring harness at all wa wondering if anyone could help me I don't want regulator hooked up either just the basics stator pulse gen did and coil wired so it will run on a 200es big red can anyone help me wire this thing want to wire just those to make it run
    Send me a inbox I can help you with a simple harness. However if you want a full good harness look up ps2fixer. I think he rebuilds harnesses

--
    Would the machine even be able to start in gear? Try starting a manual trans car in gear without a clutch. Yikes. This doesn't seem possible

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //