//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ebay 200x camshaft "bikerchicks"

--
    I don't believe they are a hard welded cam, Last I knew they were XR cams fooling allot of people but it is an improvement from the feedback I get................

I cannot see them being a full race cam which is useless to 75% of us and those would need the springs/.retainers.

These Ebay reply messages are far too short and sweet!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Do you know if the lift is measured at the cam or at the valve? (Or perhaps the ratio is 1:1 and it makes no difference?). It would be pretty easy to take measurments off the cam itself, but I'm not sure how you translate them into the stated lift figures I've read that indicate a stock cam is around 0.290, mid range cams around .340-390(?) and race cams .400 or more lift.
    84 200x

--

Here's what I did !!!

Hey guy's I'm gonna cut in here and tell ya's what I do know about that particular set-up,if it mean's anything,LOL. OK I built up a '85 last week and I went with that same cam your talking from Biker Chick's whom I'm gonna say is awesome to deal withI mite add.Anyway's I got that cam and I had the spec paper that came with it but I sent it off with the guy that I built the motor for and if I blow up the pic's of the cam in the wrapper I still can't make out the number's but I think it was a 340 lift,if memory serve's me correctly.Here's what I did with the motor,I was actually gonna post a thread soon but been busy.I went with a Wiesco Hi-Compression piston 12:1 to be exact the Hi-performance cam ,new valve's with a 3 way competition cut ( seat's and valve's cut a 15-45-65) New guide's and seal's,new timing chain and tensioner's also.Basically a totally new cam chain set-up etc.~but I did'nt have to replace the spring's or retainer's with this set-up.That cam is just a mild cam and does not require all new head part's,but I did replace them with OEM spec'd spring's.Check out the pic's I added guy's.I put on a Super trapp head pipe and muffler and a new carby with a #115 main I think.2nd kick she started rite up with no choke and she purred like a kitten,even warmed up .I was super highly empressed with that set-up and would suggest it to anybody.I'll do a post on that build in the future but for now I can throw ya's some pic's of the build.Oh' that was on a stock bore also and FYI getting a 12:1 piston on stock bore is Not easy to find..

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    www.muddogs.org - My New Website

MDR Racing

Trikefest '06 '07 '08 '09 Survivor !!!!
    LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

--
    Oh and I wanted too add that with going with the engine set-up I just posted your gonna be looking at spending 6-7.00 on a gallon of gas because it does in fact require that 110 or above octane be run in it.I love the smell of that stuff and I went with the VP 112 octane and running a NGK dr8es plug.On a plug chop with the motor having 1-1/2 -2 hour's on it at idle's mostly the plug was buring perfect as far as a plug chop.It did'nt blacken at all even with it ideling all that time ,no loading up I guess I should say in laymen's term's LOL...
    www.muddogs.org - My New Website

MDR Racing

Trikefest '06 '07 '08 '09 Survivor !!!!
    LONG LIVE SANCHEZ RACING

--
    look through my treads i have the specs to that cam
    Signature pic removed,becuase of no helmet.

--
    I`ve got one in my 1985 xl185 with header, xr200 carb, bored to 192cc and it works very well. It works very well around the city as I have it street legal..nice and torquey and pulls very well in all gears....
    2002 grand caravan (most uncool thing to drive but most practical)
    1993 trx 300fw-ol` blue
    1984 big red 200es
    1984 big red (swamp donkey 2)
    1984 big red daily driver
    1978 atc90
    1978 honda cx500
    1973 cb350four

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG_RED-ICULOUS View Post
    I`ve got one in my 1985 xl185 with header, xr200 carb, bored to 192cc and it works very well. It works very well around the city as I have it street legal..nice and torquey and pulls very well in all gears....
    wait i confused. where can you have a trike street legal?

MrPretty is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I don't think the xl 185 is a 3 wheeler, I'm pretty sure it's a 2 wheeler. However there was a 350x on Craigslist in Dallas a while back that was street legal. I have also seen a few from the UK that have been made street legal.

1986 ATC 200s
    1985 ATC 250sx
    1984 ATC 200x
    1984 ATC 200s - Dads [Purchased New]

--
    i also bought some parts from them and had no problems ... i was checkin that cam out olso ..was woundering my bike was just rebuilt 30 over new everything up top ... and i got a pipe on it .. guy said it had some porting work on the head idk ?? but other then that motor wise its pretty much stock performince wise ...could i run that cam in my bike ??? and would it be a good power up grade ?? and could i just put it right in with out changing anything ??

--
    I have this cam.... What Carb are you guys using? I am using stock right now with base setting....

--
    Lift isn't really all that important compared to duration and timing / lobe center separation. Too much duration kills bottom end torque as does too much lobe separation angle. Ever hear a street car lope when idling? Lots of cam duration. On a flow bench you can see that the difference between .288 and .365 lift is way more than the difference between .365 and .465 lift. The reason any good cam manufacturer gives duration at .050 is there really is very little flow below that due to shrouding of the valve. A "torque" cam really is only a optimized stock cam. Great for trail riding climbing etc. Mid power is a bit more aggressive in the duration department + a little more lift. If your ports are stock you more often than not will see a big difference . .in gas mileage (lower) and throttle response (worse at least from off idle to mid or even past. If you aren't racing flat track / speedway or drags do not go with a big race cam. My 200x has a bassani pipe, xr200 carb, matched intake manifold, relieved and contoured ports with a web cam .340 lift .266 duration (.237 @ .050) with new stock springs. Does it go?? Oh! yo- yo- yo!!!

--
    To answer the question of where can you ride trikes street legal, ARIZONA! I even ride on the frontage/feeder rod on the side of the freeway cruising 55. License plates insurance and all

--
    I have a street legal atc 185s in Arizona as well.

--
    If you ever go to yuma area and remember this PM me I’ll definitely link up and cruise the desert with ya!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //