//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Trikefest Group trail ride to the Devils Backbone ( info inside )

--

Trikefest Group trail ride to the Devils Backbone ( info inside )

I will be leading the group trail ride this year and it is set to start directly after the motocross races on friday afternoon. We will be allowing a 20 minute time window for people to organize as well as give the MX racers time to change/ refuel/ etc.

The trip will start at the Small MX track and venture thruout Haspin Acres, hitting all the tourist spots in route to our destination of the "Devils Backbone", where the hill climbing crazies will be unleashed.

If your coming to TrikeFest for the first time, or never really explored the hills of Haspin, then this is a great ride to join in on. This is a slow to moderate paced ride that will be Mini trike friendly.

Some of the sights you can expect to see include:

The Drag Strip
    The Main Camp and Pond
    The Large Motocross Track
    The Mud Bog
    The Sand Pit
    The Shoe Tree
    The Devils Backbone

For those that like to take pictures or video, we will be traveling in a large caravan right down the drag strip, so hanging out at the end of the drag strip should provide excellent pics and footage.
    Last edited by Derrick Adams; 06-19-2010 at 07:34 PM.
    2007 YAMAHA YTZ450 went to a great home RIP Sam

--
    nice depending on my time frame i very well might be joining this, but it really depends on time...

--
    Nice!!! I'll be sporting the 110 for this ride.
    Let's see how many 110's we can line up for it.

--
    The group picture should be taken prior to this ride at the MX track IMO. I am going to set up to video at the end of the dragstrip as the entire group passes. I don't think that this has been done before and I believe that would be a neat perspective of the masses of trikes that attend this event.

KASEY is offline weee weeee weeeeeeeeeee ! ! ! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    i am definatly going on this ride... i want to pour some glamis sand on the devils backbone!!! i have some packed already ..........

--
    Kasey, it's really just a sad little hill, just very rocky and usually slick which makes it a bit technical.

Very exciting to hear your comming! Can't wait to meet up!
    And that's the rest of the story. ~ Paul Harvey

"Yes its broken, but does that really surprise you?."
    "What happened? What does it look like happened?!?!"

--
    Blog Entries
    First time on a Tri Z.. and my own bike ... this may get Ugly............every year I have gone I've done it on a 350X...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by KASEY View Post
    i am definatly going on this ride... i want to pour some glamis sand on the devils backbone!!! i have some packed already ..........
    i have a jar of Glamis sand in my bedroom. i sure would like to get some more someday.

i don't think i will be there in enough time to go on this ride but i can meet up with everyone at the hill.

--
    Raffa will you wear my nhelmetcam for the ride up the backbone???

--
    any one with any shot idea let me know and i'm down if you want your trike shot let me know and we can set up a time other than when main events are happening.

and from a photographers stand point just as the sun is setting makes the best light to shoot in. fyi

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchmud View Post
    The group picture should be taken prior to this ride at the MX track IMO. I am going to set up to video at the end of the dragstrip as the entire group passes. I don't think that this has been done before and I believe that would be a neat perspective of the masses of trikes that attend this event.
    If the race were still being held on Saturday I would think that would be a great idea. But, witht them being early on friday there may still be some people who wouldn't be able to make the photo. I have a couple of friends that won't be there til later in the day on friday.
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

--
    Quote Originally Posted by djberg View Post
    any one with any shot idea let me know and i'm down if you want your trike shot let me know and we can set up a time other than when main events are happening.

and from a photographers stand point just as the sun is setting makes the best light to shoot in. fyi
    I wouldn't mind having a nice shot of our rides before we get them filthy. What day will you be there ? We're showing up Wednesday about mid-day.
    Tionesta Trikes ATC 450R
    86 250R
    86 Tecate-3
    83 ATC 70
    85 Big Red
    81 KLT 200
    85 250SX
    Tricky Dicks Cagiva WMX 200 sold
    Trikefest survivor 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...dback+eric250r

--
    we are leaving wednesday afternoon like 1pm at the latest. so if all calculations go well we should be there around 8 or 9 pm. so thursday morning would most likely be best for me.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //