//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: XR200R stroker engine a PITFA

--
    how much you want for the engine

--
    If u want to talk about " hard to kick". i just put a 84 cr500r (2stroke) motor in my 84 200x frame and had to shortin the kickstart to clear the back tire! PS when it kicks back it actualy picks me up.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by UndefinedT View Post
    how much you want for the engine
    I want to trade for a stock XR200R engine. Someone wants to buy the bike, but he does not want the stroker engine in it, so if you have a stock XR200R engine that I can bolt in and you can get to me ASAP, then you can have this one.
    LED obsessed
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
    Has a 2188CC stroker kit in it,
    Wow. Almost 2200 cc's? That thing must be hairy!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

300rman is offline My other user 3WW ID was Nitebiker07. Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    2 and 4 strokes are equally easy to kick over. It's the HIGH compression that are a pain to kick over.....
    not even close...my CR250 is much easier to start than any 4 stroke 250 i have ever had the misfortune to kick over.....

--
    spec your valves every 25 hours and 4 stroke unicams will start 1st kick everytime.

--
    you never kicked over a xr250 or 350 then did ya..not hard at all. i do gotta say...chill with the cockyness towards 4strokes.

300rman is offline My other user 3WW ID was Nitebiker07. Teaching quads a lesson
    --
    ive kicked old KLR250's, XR200's, xr250's, and CRF250's and 450's and a YZ426 or whatever yamaha's first "new generation" of 4 stroke motors......the CR is much easier to get running especially when the motor is hot.

i like the tractor-like power of the 450s....ive rode a few. but they dont suit my riding style, i dont like the way they feel in the high-rpms. even though the 450 IS faster because you dont have to rail through a corner to maintain speed......equal lap times on the cr250 and crf450, the 250 rider is a better rider.....i pull faster laps on a 450 because you can be lazy through corners and still get up more than enough speed to clear the upcoming jump...the 250 doesnt pull like that. If they lower the cost of 4 stroke parts, i'd own a new one.....but i cant see spending 2G's+ on a total rebuild when 700 will get mine 100% new with a cylinder plate job...$450 will get it new if the cylinder isnt torn up......

--
    So....

Does anyone have a clue what the motor would be worth? No kicker...........
    LED obsessed
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09

--
    2 and 4 strokes are equally easy to kick over. It's the HIGH compression that are a pain to kick over.....
    LOL, boy are you misinformed.

dirtdemon is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Good, because i'll trade you a stock XR200R engine for it

even with it being a chili 60*F outside this morning.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 60* HAHAHAHAHAHAHA chili HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

--
    Have to bump it over tdc then kick it quick and hard... I had a cirtis sparks engine and I have a 218 powroll stroker with a custom build head with bigger intake valve(titanium thank you) You will have no problem when you get used to kicking it right. Its a trick... just tap it so you just get over tdc, you will feel the bump then you will have some momentum when it comes back to compression stroke. Great motor dont get rid of it!!! you will hate a stocker after that

--
    I just paid $1200 in parts from powroll, it depends on which cam and what work was done to head and how many hours on it. Go to there website or call them they are a great company and very willing to give good advice and info

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sdb69z28 View Post
    Have to bump it over tdc then kick it quick and hard... I had a cirtis sparks engine and I have a 218 powroll stroker with a custom build head with bigger intake valve(titanium thank you) You will have no problem when you get used to kicking it right. Its a trick... just tap it so you just get over tdc, you will feel the bump then you will have some momentum when it comes back to compression stroke. Great motor dont get rid of it!!! you will hate a stocker after that
    Yeah, I only found out the easy way to kick it over AFTER it was stripped...

Also, it's been sold, I can't afford to keep it.
    LED obsessed
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //